Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Third Honk, you have any more pics of the garage? Looks badass
I was thinking the same thing. That is one ballin' garage
Old 03-29-2012, 10:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
If I were looking for reliable transportation; I'd take the 2v.
Not me. I've seen 2 2v blow up at the track. Basically stock.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Third Honk
Holy crap are you going to be running E or C16? I'd be much more worried about 21 degree's of timing on a stock long block 2V than I would be about 487 rwhp.
it will be fine with only 7-8 psi and 93 octane.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Heater
If I were looking for reliable transportation; I'd take the 2v.
Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I owned a tuned port fbody. I loved that car, but thank god for AAA.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Third Honk
LOL this!!! and why I will never sell my 2V. You cannot have a more fun car, everyone with a fart can or bolt on car wants to race the 2v and pushrod drivers will actually hang their heads out the window and laugh at you in front of their girl friends before getting their dreams crushed

My little 2V with stock heads, stock bottom end (heads had never been off the car) made 487 rwhp at 9 psi intercooled on 91 pump gas through the T-trim.

The 2V has all the sexiness of the 03 Cobra's with a few tasteful mods and 400 lbs less weight. That and you never see anyone who mods them properly, they are absolute dogs and turds as stated in this thread. To run across a fast 2V is like running into a Supra that wants to race from a dig That's what makes them fun

Tell the guy with the 2V to not chase more boost until he does a proper blower cam, he will pick up around 70-80 rwhp. Call modular powerhouse or houston performance and have him get one of the custom blower cams for his centri. He will be beyond shocked at the results. A wideband in the car so he can monitor whether his setup is running safe and he should be fine at over 450 rwhp for a long time
For what i got it for i think its an awesome car. looks really good, sounds good, pulls hard, and not front wheel drive Im def not one of those guys that pisses and moans when he loses a race. I'm usually the guy that is a benchmark for the guys that beat me all the time and want to see how they improve. I'm sure once we tune the thing again i can get around another ~20 wheel with the rev raised a little and the timing bumped up a little. of course nothing crazy, maybe 6200 and timing up to 20. Id rather keep the boost down to keep temps down. I havent looked into blower cams at all Third Honk so i'll look into that reference. in the meantime we should have up a couple other videos of me and my buddy's 06 goat soon if anyone wants to take a look.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Some guy around here in sc drives around with a supercharged 2v and it is probably putting down 325 at the most. A buddy at work has talked with him a few times and the guy claims to have a "cobra motor swap" in his exact words. I doubt it judging by the dumb riced out body kit he has on that monstrosity. Anyway...back to topic, dumping that much money into a 2v is worthless. If I had a 2v I would sell it to get a 4v and spend maybe 3-5k out of pocket on the whole trade
Old 03-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

^ interesting, i didnt know or care what you would do.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Stock they were a joke especially the 96-98s....

Any of you guys local want to run this one?
Its built ,has spray and its still a 2 valve. Pump gas too. Full interior no gutting.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 03-30-2012, 05:56 PM
10 Second Club

Am I local enough Mike. I mean as much **** as I talk about a 2v I should atleast stand up and take my *** whoopin from a double poweradder one.....lmao

I'm headin to Dixon on sat. If it don't break maybe we can set something up. The chances of something breaking are pretty high though.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sure. I think you will beat him on the street though. He MPHs less than you. But ET wise would be a good race. Only power adder is spray. I know you like to talk **** to play with people on here. I don't take it seriously and know you off the board. Guy that owns this stang is cool and doesn't care if he wins or loses like me. Its all for fun

Hope you don't break. I wonder if maybe since your car is lowered and has road race suspension you might getting a tad of wheel hop down low which would break an axle
Old 03-30-2012, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

I was talking about reliable as in daily driving.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Third Honk, you have any more pics of the garage? Looks badass
Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I was thinking the same thing. That is one ballin' garage
Hey thanks fellas, I've been in this house a little over a year and tried to build a few cool "man zones" in it during the planning Garage was one of the highest priorities since I'm a fanatic about cars and detailing.

Sorry, I'm a pic *****

and the car ended up making 626 rwhp today, I think the 630 was a lean spike since the base fuel pressure was too low. Still have the intercooler to do and then we will see about that intake.

LSFTW get some blower cams, you will LOVE them and there is no other mod that will give you bang for the buck like proper blower cams. Better idea would be to sell the blower and motor and swap in a high compression LS3 with a donkey dick cam and run it on E

Last edited by Third Honk; 03-30-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:06 PM

The garage looks awesome, dude! Congrats on the numbers too, that thing has to crank the **** out!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beastmode89
Some guy around here in sc drives around with a supercharged 2v and it is probably putting down 325 at the most. A buddy at work has talked with him a few times and the guy claims to have a "cobra motor swap" in his exact words. I doubt it judging by the dumb riced out body kit he has on that monstrosity. Anyway...back to topic, dumping that much money into a 2v is worthless. If I had a 2v I would sell it to get a 4v and spend maybe 3-5k out of pocket on the whole trade
Sounds like you have come across the often seen and heard, dipshit mustang owner. no matter what you drive there is going to be someone that drives the same thing that makes the rest look like a bunch of chodes. Now back to dumping money into a 2v. as mentioned i have a little over 10k in this car including the cost of the car. and if i had 3-5k to spend it would be to build the motor and be miles ahead of a stock 4v for the same price.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Sure. I think you will beat him on the street though. He MPHs less than you. But ET wise would be a good race. Only power adder is spray. I know you like to talk **** to play with people on here. I don't take it seriously and know you off the board. Guy that owns this stang is cool and doesn't care if he wins or loses like me. Its all for fun

Hope you don't break. I wonder if maybe since your car is lowered and has road race suspension you might getting a tad of wheel hop down low which would break an axle
I never even got the clutch fully engaged when it broke the axles....it barely moved....lol I do have relocation brackets on it. I made a set with a hole below the ones you buy. I have them in the lowest hole now. It seems like it put a little bite in the car. What I noticed the ost is it made it loose when I pick the throttle up in the middle of a corner.

I have noticed some hop in the car before. I have not tried my new dr's to know what it does on those.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSFTW!
Sounds like you have come across the often seen and heard, dipshit mustang owner. no matter what you drive there is going to be someone that drives the same thing that makes the rest look like a bunch of chodes. Now back to dumping money into a 2v. as mentioned i have a little over 10k in this car including the cost of the car. and if i had 3-5k to spend it would be to build the motor and be miles ahead of a stock 4v for the same price.
I agree with you under those circumstances. I would have probably picked it up for that price too if I was in the market for one.

Quick Reply: C5Z vs Novi 2000 2v