Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evangto87 (Boss 5.0) vs Beans (ZZR600)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 09:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
the 65-150 ended actually around 140. Everything else in his descriptions were accurate. After 135, i start to pull back, but thats expected. Only race where we got up there was when he let off in the second 70 roll. I tached it out at 160 in that run even after he let off.
Respectfully Evan, i disagree that we didn't get to 150 on that run. When i lifted my speedo was reading 165. It's off by 8-9% which would put us right around 150 real speed. Even watching the video you can tell that was the fastest run just by the speed the lines are whipping by.

For everyone else, that run was on a slight downhill which is why the bike was able to get to 150 so easily. On flat ground from a 65mph start it would be a major struggle to be in front of the Boss at a true 150. By 120 he's stopping my pull, 130 starting to reel me in, and at 140+ i'm about to be in trouble.

For a damn near stock car, the Boss is a very quick ride. 400+whp with a couple of basic bolt-ons is hugely impressive IMO.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
That sounds like the smart move. The only way to know what it's really gonna trap is to take it to the strip. The problem a lot of people don't realize is that comparing numbers from two different tracks on two different days is not always going to give you a close idea of how things will go down on the street. And trying to figure out a car's exact trap by gauging a run with a bike (or vice versa) is just a bad idea. They perform very differently in a straight line, especially when you start throwing in different gears and different starting speeds.

I'm assuming you run at NED, which is a very solid track that typically gets people good timeslips, especially in cooler weather. I wouldn't say it's an Atco or MIR, but I'd definitely rather run there than LVD on the same day if I was shooting for the best times possible. I guess we'll find out once you get your new setup on the car and take it up.
I may do just rear wheels and tires first but im nervous about breaking the driveshaft. No one has yet..... but that doesnt mean it wont.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beans
Respectfully Evan, i disagree that we didn't get to 150 on that run. When i lifted my speedo was reading 165. It's off by 8-9% which would put us right around 150 real speed. Even watching the video you can tell that was the fastest run just by the speed the lines are whipping by.

For everyone else, that run was on a slight downhill which is why the bike was able to get to 150 so easily. On flat ground from a 65mph start it would be a major struggle to be in front of the Boss at a true 150. By 120 he's stopping my pull, 130 starting to reel me in, and at 140+ i'm about to be in trouble.

For a damn near stock car, the Boss is a very quick ride. 400+whp with a couple of basic bolt-ons is hugely impressive IMO.
Maybe we were. I looked at my speedo once we let out so maybe i slowed down by then and just didnt realize it. I know the fastest my car went was in the second 70 roll where you let out and i stayed in it. And appreciate the compliments. Very clean, road rashless bike you have there. Very rare to see a 6 year old bike that looks brand new. Keep it that way buddy. And i give you credit on the riding part. I should find that r6 i raced (found out its an r6s..heard there a bit slower) and have u race him
Old 03-30-2012, 09:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 433 Likes on 340 Posts

Take it to the track before you mod up. Otherwise these runs to your comparison is bs. Just so ya know my bike and that bike make within 2HP of each other. That bike is not goin 126 w//o heavy mods.my bike could forsure go a bit faster than it did by taking the givi off and beating on the clutch but I would still expect it not to trapp over 120.

Just as a note: me and a bud ran my bike vs my car. Back then my car trapped 122 and it could beat up on my bike pretty good.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Take it to the track before you mod up. Otherwise these runs to your comparison is bs. Just so ya know my bike and that bike make within 2HP of each other. That bike is not goin 126 w//o heavy mods.
I'll know exactly what it runs on Sunday. I was planning to run an open exhaust but to keep it apples to apples i'll run the bike as is.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Take it to the track before you mod up. Otherwise these runs to your comparison is bs. Just so ya know my bike and that bike make within 2HP of each other. That bike is not goin 126 w//o heavy mods.my bike could forsure go a bit faster than it did by taking the givi off and beating on the clutch but I would still expect it not to trapp over 120.

Just as a note: me and a bud ran my bike vs my car. Back then my car trapped 122 and it could beat up on my bike pretty good.
I wont go to the track on street tires. The tires not going to make the car any faster on the roll. I want to be able to hook. If i cant, kiss my 8th mile trap good bye. As far as the bike traps... we will know tomorrow when he goes up. Personally, if he can nail the first 100ft.. i think he will trap 120+. But im always optimistic about this stuff. So we will see.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'll know exactly what it runs on Sunday. I was planning to run an open exhaust but to keep it apples to apples i'll run the bike as is.
do both.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're heading to the track? Which one? PM me if you're going and I'll give you some pointers on launching that thing. The launch is by FAR the hardest part to get down on the bike and most people have absolutely no idea what they're doing (even most of them that think they do ). I highly recommend a rental or two when you get the opportunity to really tweak your skills and gauge improvement. It takes a LOT of runs to get comfortable and consistent launching a bike hard.

EDIT: stock height and length with no strapping makes it even more difficult (in my mind more fun ), but it's definitely the way to learn because if you can learn to launch it hard and consistently on a stock height/length bike with no strap, you'll be able to launch the ***** off it if you do lower/strap/stretch it (or ride a bike that is modded like that).
Old 03-30-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

You're heading to the track? Which one? PM me if you're going and I'll give you some pointers on launching that thing. The launch is by FAR the hardest part to get down on the bike and most people have absolutely no idea what they're doing (even most of them that think they do ). I highly recommend a rental or two when you get the opportunity to really tweak your skills and gauge improvement. It takes a LOT of runs to get comfortable and consistent launching a bike hard.

EDIT: stock height and length with no strapping makes it even more difficult (in my mind more fun ), but it's definitely the way to learn because if you can learn to launch it hard and consistently on a stock height/length bike with no strap, you'll be able to launch the ***** off it if you do lower/strap/stretch it (or ride a bike that is modded like that).
im not a rider, but if its anything like cars, his launch should drastically effect his trap. You would know better then me
Old 03-30-2012, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

just watched a video of me racing the gto... god i miss that car sometimes. I need headers!!!!

My passenger is awesome lmao. I spun on the hit in this race... u just cant hear it because of the bike. The other bike was an older 1000 (trapped 132)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-sye...3&feature=plcp
Old 03-30-2012, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Also if anyone knows of any 1000cc bikes that will play, my buddy with an rx7 is always looking.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also if anyone knows of any 1000cc bikes that will play, my buddy with an rx7 is always looking.
What kind of power is he putting down and what's the setup? Those things weigh nothing so it doesn't take much to move out.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

What kind of power is he putting down and what's the setup? Those things weigh nothing so it doesn't take much to move out.
Made 525whp on the same dyno i was on. Weighs 27XX with him in it. In road course trim, he went 10.6 at 139.88. Trapped 106 in the 8th. His next pass, trapped 109 in the 8th but turbo cuppler popped off. Should have been a solid 140+ trap. Still only cutting high 1.7 60 fts. Its by no means a drag car. On the highway, its unreal. He last beat a new stock r1 raven. Good rider but heavy rider so hes looking for a slightly more legit race.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

found it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdQo0...eature=channel

and this is 107 in the 8th. not 106
Old 03-30-2012, 01:04 PM
10 Second Club

Very clean, road rashless bike you have there. Very rare to see a 6 year old bike that looks brand new. Keep it that way buddy. And i give you credit on the riding part. I should find that r6 i raced (found out its an r6s..heard there a bit slower) and have u race him
Missed this earlier...thanks man, i appreciate that.

It's pretty funny that i was substantially quicker than the R6s you raced when you had a 220lb passenger. That was a 40 roll right?

Had to have needed the rider mod.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Missed this earlier...thanks man, i appreciate that.

It's pretty funny that i was substantially quicker than the R6s you raced when you had a 220lb passenger. That was a 40 roll right?

Had to have needed the rider mod.
If u had to ask me... riding wasnt bad... it just seemed liek the bike didnt have enough steam. He was in it to win. Started at my quarter, pulled to my fender, then fell to my quarter again. 40-120. Both me and the passenger, who also rides... were in disbelief.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:18 PM

Sounds like that RX-7 is retarded fast!

As far as the R6 race, he might have started in the wrong gear. That will have similar results to what you described.

Beans, good luck at the strip!
Old 03-30-2012, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Sounds like that RX-7 is retarded fast!

Beans, good luck at the strip!
If the car were setup as a drag car and not a road course car... it would probably trap upwards of 145 or so.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:46 AM
Teching In

I have a 100% stock 07 zzr600 and my best to date was a 11.69@118.8X. That is at 2200 altitude and probably 195lb rider when fully geared. Most runs were 11.7-11.8@117-118
Old 04-01-2012, 03:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AWD_Launch
I have a 100% stock 07 zzr600 and my best to date was a 11.69@118.8X. That is at 2200 altitude and probably 195lb rider when fully geared. Most runs were 11.7-11.8@117-118
we have much better altitude then that.. and he is jetted..