Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Finally ran a new 5.0 ......and lost !

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
If his car has that many mods then it was definitely a good death.

I don't approve of putting your hazzard lights on after a win; especially if you are racing a stranger.
What do you mean by "that many"? his car had two mods from what i read....the intake, and the tune. the headers are factory on all 5 liters.

OP....with the run that close, do you really think the outcome would've been different at a higher roll? or even from a standing start? just asking, not trying to be a wise *** this time.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:05 PM
TECH Regular

U Hung right next to a car trapping 126 but lost to a 5.0 with 2 mods? Was the camaro spraying when he ran u?
Old 04-04-2012, 06:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
You should've walked this guy easily with your mods.......
this..... op i'd go over the car first and make sure everything is ok you should be out trapping him by 5mph or more. and that equates to a goodd beating from a roll unless he's got a lot more mods then he's led you to believe
Old 04-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

Used my friends car as an example for the track and the fact that people seem to get better trap speeds at other tracks in other places conditions,etc from what I hear . My car and my friends car are way different from a dig (stalled auto same gears and drag radials)although I have ran my friends camaro on motor and I stuck right next to him from 50 to 125 where we let off . He would destroy me on the spray roll or dig ! He gets me bad from a dig without the spray ! He can launch the **** out of his car , me not so much , lol !

Not sure if the run with the 5.0 would go any different from a higher speed , I do know 50 in 2nd is the sweet spot for my car but 75 in 3rd isnt so bad either ! I think a dig would go bad for me due to my tires sucking and I cant launch it hard without spinning all over the place ! Honestly I cant say exactly what is done to the 5.0 besides what I was told . It did sound nice but not crazy loud or anything like that .
Old 04-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Banned

You said the 5.0 got the initial hit and your front bumper stayed even with his rear bumper the entire race, all the way up to 125MPH when you finally let off.

Sure that's a loss, but I wouldn't call that a kill, or even a death. Sounds to me like both cars are almost exactly even. If YOU had gotten the hit, you may have had the opposite outcome. I would say all it takes is one shift just a little to slow on his part, or a perfect shift on your part and you could clench a nice little victory.

I wonder what kind of HP that 5.0 puts down with those mods. They weigh about 100 lbs more than an F-body, but with your passenger your car probably weighed a few lbs more.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BayArea ws6
I have ran my friends camaro on motor and I stuck right next to him from 50 to 125 where we let off .
what does he trap on motor?
Old 04-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

Thats pretty much how I look at it ^^^ only got one proper race with him so I can't act like I know what his car is capable of in all respects but it seemed pretty even that race . He wants to run me again ,probably not satisfied with the outcome or maybe I was a good race for him who knows who care's ! I try not to take this **** too seriously if you can't already tell ! Just having fun !
Old 04-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Not 100 % sure considering its been forever since I have seen him run at the track without spraying ! I think like 118 or 120 I could be wrong so let's not get too caught up on that ! Going off foggy memory here ! Don't have his time slip's !
Old 04-04-2012, 08:19 PM
TECH Regular

I think I saw one of his 1/4 mile runs on youtube it trapped like 117 but that was 2yrs ago maybe it got faster but I could see 118 on motor
Old 04-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds about right , it's not my car so I don't want to make any official claims about it !
Old 04-04-2012, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

I know my dad and I were very, very close considering. He has the 5.0 with 3.73s, I have I/E/Tune. Though he launched hard and spun his AS tires, and I let myself catch before going WOT because of my (still stock) 10 bolt. He beat me by about half a car length or so to 100ish mph.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like you did alright to me !
Old 04-04-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Good race
Old 04-05-2012, 01:57 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
You should've walked this guy easily with your mods.......
agreeed ..after reading ur threads somethings wrong with ur car..lol
Old 04-05-2012, 05:00 AM
Staging Lane

I guess so dude , it's not the strongest runner but it aint that bad ! You me and everyone else seems to expect better ! Its funny that you mention other threads , when I post a video beating other car's no one say's a damn thing or has any response but when I post a video or thread of a loss the shitstorm begins , lol ! I post what happens when I go out , even if I lost to a car that I have beaten numerous times cause that's just what happened that night ! If I have a video of said race I put it up regardless if the result's are what i expected or not, like my thread of my friend beating me in his notch 5.0 , we have raced countless times with me beating him on motor , first time he beat me without spray I posted that **** , and I believe he will be running in the 10's on spray 11's on motor this summer . My car could probably have a more aggressive tune or maybe I should go to a speed density tune . I don't think there is anything wrong with my car other than possibly being on a more conservatve tune than it needs to be on . It's funny how slow I am on this site but when I go out the local's warm up there bottle's and the boosted guy's have excuse's ! I know my car is nothing to brag about but **** it hold's it's own , right before I goaded the 5.0 to race me 2 guy's turned me down when I tried to run there 03/04 cobra's ,not like I am afraid to lose or admit when it happened but I do get annoyed when people who have never seen my car want to tell me something is wrong with it ! Can't win em all and I don't want to !
Old 04-05-2012, 07:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 451 Likes on 355 Posts

Dude you only make 414 with afr heasd and a pretty ok cam. I make 12 more HP and 16 more tq and my longblock is stock. Maybe my results are a bit better than average, but yours are clearly well below.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BayArea ws6
I guess so dude , it's not the strongest runner but it aint that bad ! You me and everyone else seems to expect better ! Its funny that you mention other threads , when I post a video beating other car's no one say's a damn thing or has any response but when I post a video or thread of a loss the shitstorm begins , lol ! I post what happens when I go out , even if I lost to a car that I have beaten numerous times cause that's just what happened that night ! If I have a video of said race I put it up regardless if the result's are what i expected or not, like my thread of my friend beating me in his notch 5.0 , we have raced countless times with me beating him on motor , first time he beat me without spray I posted that **** , and I believe he will be running in the 10's on spray 11's on motor this summer . My car could probably have a more aggressive tune or maybe I should go to a speed density tune . I don't think there is anything wrong with my car other than possibly being on a more conservatve tune than it needs to be on . It's funny how slow I am on this site but when I go out the local's warm up there bottle's and the boosted guy's have excuse's ! I know my car is nothing to brag about but **** it hold's it's own , right before I goaded the 5.0 to race me 2 guy's turned me down when I tried to run there 03/04 cobra's ,not like I am afraid to lose or admit when it happened but I do get annoyed when people who have never seen my car want to tell me something is wrong with it ! Can't win em all and I don't want to !

bolded....that's 'cause everyone here has the fastestest most bestest handling quickestest accelerating badassest car in the woild.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:01 AM
TECH Regular

Not trying to be a jerk or put you on blast man but I would take it back to Rick and have it checked out you only beat LS1Robs Headers/Lid untuned WS6 by a Car from a roll something is up. No harm in going back Rick might find a crap load more HP and your car could be a beast after. Worth a shot though man
Old 04-05-2012, 09:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

i suggest a bigger cam. idk what the ptv is with those heads but i think the ls6 intake flows good up to 450 whp or maybe .600 lift.

but good run. getting the hit i think makes a huge difference. even if it wasnt a jump by much of one pubic hair
Old 04-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
Not trying to be a jerk or put you on blast man but I would take it back to Rick and have it checked out you only beat LS1Robs Headers/Lid untuned WS6 by a Car from a roll something is up. No harm in going back Rick might find a crap load more HP and your car could be a beast after. Worth a shot though man
Seems about right since he said earlier that he trapped 112 lol. Like i said before that's bolt on trap speeds.