Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

street raced in the fastest car Ive ever been in!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I was a lil far fetched. Still hung over.

700 rwhp against 550 no prob...

But 600 rwhp stick vs 550 awd paddle and you might get beat.

Man fock it I might just get a Gtr. My viper is a weekend toy. I could dd the gtr and pick up my kids from school ect. Imho Id be loseing a lil exclusiveness and a bit of looks but on the otherhand here in Hawaii the rice crowd is ten times bigger than the domestic and lots seem to somehow think that ok looking nissan is badass...

-

-

-

BE A COLD DAY IN HELL BEFORE THAT HAPPENNED! LOL! American or nothin
Old 04-11-2012, 03:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Kill why not the new viper?
Old 04-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Launching!

If I can swing it I may but honestly I like my exterior more and Im already at 600 hp.

Of course the new interior is just sick but at 130k even after I sell my old heap for around 40k I still gotta come up with 90.

Thats allot of coin to go from a viper to a viper...lol

Cant wait to see the specs though.

Like I said. I think shes perty and Im already pretty invested.

10k custom paint
3k custom roll bar
2k stereo/screen
3k warranty till 2017
3k custom titanium exhaust
1.5k 2008 hood

And then ofcourse all the other viper tax modifications cam/intake/tune/flywheel/pulley/rockers.

Close to 30k in modifications. Hard to just close shop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYLyUfhT9-I

Last edited by Killemall; 04-11-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

The Imports/exotics will soon enough bow down to American muscle once again:
http://www.gtr-xs.com/specifications.htm

Lol, seriously though Id like to see a race between Larry Larson or someone like that against the 1900hp R version UGR Gallardos. The Ford GT seem to be owning the standing mile right now, and LMR recently did like 253mph or something like that in a 4th gen. I wouldnt say the UGR Lambos own the street, although theyre definitely a contender. If I had the funds Id build a Vette, Superlight Coupe, or Superformance GT40 or something like that; with a twin 88mm big block 2500+ hp monster specifically to take out the fastest UGR Gallardos out there. I wish someone would do a 2000hp TT Saleen S7 and see how it stacks up; I could see one of those taking them out as they produce enough downforce to ride upside down at 200mph. A 1500+ hp twin turbo LSx Ultima GTR would be another bad one.

I just think most hot rodders/domestic owners trying to go fast are more concerned with 1/4mi instead of roll racing. I have no doubt though that theres street legal muscle cars out there that would take out the fastest UGR Lambos. I think the fastest one trapped 180mph in the 1/4; needless to say, theres plenty of street legal American V8s doing that. I realize trap speed aint the be-all end-all, but you get my point.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jbhotrod

Lol, seriously though Id like to see a race between Larry Larson or someone like that against the 1900hp R version UGR Gallardos. The Ford GT seem to be owning the standing mile right now, and LMR recently did like 253mph or something like that in a 4th gen. I wouldnt say the UGR Lambos own the street, although theyre definitely a contender. If I had the funds Id build a Vette, Superlight Coupe, or Superformance GT40 or something like that; with a twin 88mm big block 2500+ hp monster specifically to take out the fastest UGR Gallardos out there. I wish someone would do a 2000hp TT Saleen S7 and see how it stacks up; I could see one of those taking them out as they produce enough downforce to ride upside down at 200mph. A 1500+ hp twin turbo LSx Ultima GTR would be another bad one.

I just think most hot rodders/domestic owners trying to go fast are more concerned with 1/4mi instead of roll racing. I have no doubt though that theres street legal muscle cars out there that would take out the fastest UGR Lambos. I think the fastest one trapped 180mph in the 1/4; needless to say, theres plenty of street legal American V8s doing that. I realize trap speed aint the be-all end-all, but you get my point.
Can any of them hook though? LOL

Also Nelson racing engines has been talking about that car for years and hasn't really taken action on it. That would put those UGR Lambos at the top when it comes to roll racing. Once someone takes a few of them down then we can make judgement.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mosler MT900 TT. **** everyone.

I agree with pretty much everything you said....but trap speed matters in the 1/4. There's equations to figure out a cars 1 mile speed based off it's 1/4 mile speed.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AWD + turbo(s) + dual clutch/F1 tranny = street monster. You can always throw a bagillion HP into RWD, but from a roll on an unprepped surface it's always at a disadvantage.

I think the fastest one trapped 180mph in the 1/4; needless to say, theres plenty of street legal American V8s doing that. I realize trap speed aint the be-all end-all, but you get my point.
Those things aren't messed with to ET well at all. They are geared for HUGE mph. You can get a much slower car to get down a track better because it'll take off harder and be geared to finish the 1320 at the perfect spot. These Lambos will keep pulling to 220+, which is what was happening at TX2K12 on the street. Those drag cars with glides and th350/400s would be screaming at the 70, 80, 90 rolls that the lambos/supras/ford gts/gt-r's/etc. start at....and the drag cars would need to be regeared to do 200+.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

The Lambo's and GTR's haven't top two American cars yet at the standing mile. The Ford GT and the LMR Camaro.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by smg944
all the fast cars are running that same boost controller style gear/boost. most of the galllardo's including the fastest one to date is AWD i would say there is the advantage right there. followed the gtr which is also AWD.
Originally Posted by Killemall
Awd is the shizzle. I dont want a gtr but theres no denying that awd is the way of the future.

The car hooked 900 awhp better than my car hooks 550. Actually much better.

Honestly a rwd manual car almost feels handicapped to me in street racing these days. If I had the coin I would get an lp560 in a second. Sure 11.3 at 126-128 mph dosent seem crazy impressive. But it can do that every single time from any roll speed. A viper z06 or zr1 simply cant.

Im gonna build my viper this year to 620 rwhp naturally asperated and while it will be fun for sure I still cant write off barely modded gtrs and gallardos because of that pesky awd and paddle shift.

Almost dont even wanna build anymore. If your not pushing atleaste 700 rwhp you might still be beat by a 550 awhp paddle shift car.

Fock
Originally Posted by HioSSilver
x2....awd + turbo's are the future....same with those gearboxes.

Honestly...you guys are simply doing it all wrong. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon...saying how great AWD is(yes-it works),...in the end, it is nothing but taking the EASY route in my opinion. I pride myself on my manual shifting/launching on the street know how of getting a car moving. Sure, tires get blown off every so often but, you make adjustments,..you make your setup work. You don't give up...and do what the typical person does and give up-. What ever happened to actually DRIVING your car? Are you the guys that are missing the gears all the time.....the guys blowing your tires off every time you race someone....complaining about your 500 rwhp setups NOT hooking?...lol. Only way a car SHOULDN'T hook, is if it's on a Z rated tire(non drag radial)...and your making 450-550 hp or more. If you calling people out, and your NOT on a tire, your an idiot, and you deserve to loose every race.

Striving past that, puts into perspective of how well built a fast RWD car like the LMR Corvette(s)-LMR Viper, or other, not so publicized cars owned by private people. Mullets car, is nasty. Not as powerful as the others mentioned but, the car does dip. Point is, the cars are fast, and they miraculously hook...

Killemall,...dude I bet you my old setup of 780 wheel hp would out hook your 550wheel setup(in my personal opinion, I think a viper is one of the easiest cars to launch from a dig, and keep straight, and accelerate at the same time)..based on what your posting. From a 35mph roll, I felt confident I could race anything on the street, just as long as I was on a drag radial. I had very little wheel spin at the top of first,....which is easily countered by an upshift or a clutch adjustment....but, again, setup is key(and piloting). Gear/tire/hp/boost...etc.... again,...I think you guys are giving up,...and taking the easy way out with this hokus pokus bs.

It's disappointing to see so many natives, riding the import AWD fanboy club wagon.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Honestly...you guys are simply doing it all wrong. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon...saying how great AWD is(yes-it works),...in the end, it is nothing but taking the EASY route in my opinion. I pride myself on my manual shifting/launching on the street know how of getting a car moving. Sure, tires get blown off every so often but, you make adjustments,..you make your setup work. You don't give up...and do what the typical person does and give up-. What ever happened to actually DRIVING your car? Are you the guys that are missing the gears all the time.....the guys blowing your tires off every time you race someone....complaining about your 500 rwhp setups NOT hooking?...lol. Only way a car SHOULDN'T hook, is if it's on a Z rated tire(non drag radial)...and your making 450-550 hp or more. If you calling people out, and your NOT on a tire, your an idiot, and you deserve to loose every race.

Striving past that, puts into perspective of how well built a fast RWD car like the LMR Corvette(s)-LMR Viper, or other, not so publicized cars owned by private people. Mullets car, is nasty. Not as powerful as the others mentioned but, the car does dip. Point is, the cars are fast, and they miraculously hook...

Killemall,...dude I bet you my old setup of 780 wheel hp would out hook your 550wheel setup(in my personal opinion, I think a viper is one of the easiest cars to launch from a dig, and keep straight, and accelerate at the same time)..based on what your posting. From a 35mph roll, I felt confident I could race anything on the street, just as long as I was on a drag radial. I had very little wheel spin at the top of first,....which is easily countered by an upshift or a clutch adjustment....but, again, setup is key(and piloting). Gear/tire/hp/boost...etc.... again,...I think you guys are giving up,...and taking the easy way out with this hokus pokus bs.

It's disappointing to see so many natives, riding the import AWD fanboy club wagon.
The problem is that if you make your 500+whp rwd car actually "hook" then it pretty much sucks at everything else a car has to do. By not realizing this you are naive. What's ridiculous is that american car manufactures have no awd offerings.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

The problem is that if you make your 500+whp rwd car actually "hook" then it pretty much sucks at everything else a car has to do. By not realizing this you are naive. What's ridiculous is that american car manufactures have no awd offerings.

Your dead wrong. Not your fault,..you just don't have any idea. My vette will hang with any car or bike in a corner. Again, all in the setup. A well thought out setup.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:33 PM
10 Second Club

Your dead wrong. Not your fault,..you just don't have any idea. My vette will hang with any car or bike in a corner. Again, all in the setup. A well thought out setup.
I know all about well thought out set-ups. I worked on prototype and gt race cars for 17yrs. I also know your not going to optimize any set-up to do everything as good as it can be done.

What tires do you have on your vette?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

I know all about well thought out set-ups. I worked on prototype and gt race cars for 17yrs. I also know your not going to optimize any set-up to do everything as good as it can be done.

What tires do you have on your vette?

Prototype and GT RACE cars have nothing to do with street racing and traction. Not to mention, they're composite RACE cars... GT cars are designed for downforce.....you should know this. Big spoilers, big diffusers ,....not at all what you want to get a car to be sleek and slippery. Wouldn't you agree? Yes the cars have high speed capability but they are designed to be stuck to the road while taking a corner,...which isn't good for HIGH speed.

Not optimizing a setup?...well, what the hell have I been doing to my vette for the past six years? Only thing holding ME back from HAVING a DIG capable(hard launch) drag setup,...a cage, a TR6060 and a C6 diff. Thats it. Until then, I'll happily race any car or bike I run across from as low as a 35mph roll, to as high as whatever. Other then that, in the end, I have a car weighing less then 3100lbs, full GT style suspension, vaginal sleekness like aerodynamic's, and xxxx amount of power. How the car isn't SETUP for ME, I dunno. I should mention that I have beaten lotus elises in autocross events,...and I have only been beaten by cars with slicks(blue C5 Z06)/.

What tires?

Toyo RA1's are what we run on 18X12.5 inch wheels. "WE" (cause we don't search the internet for what works, we test ourselves) have tested these tires to over 950rwhp on a nitrous C5 on 18's.... no progressive controller....just a straight hit. Currently they're on the back of my car,... which I am planning to make much more then that(1xxx),...let you know how they work out but,...if they can handle a violent hit from a nitrous car, I am sure they will handle the more lax hit of the more powerful turbo setup. Again,...everything comes into effect. 10 bucks says all you dudes run 3.42's or numerically higher gears....am I right? Ever think of starting they're?

FYI I have hooked from 35mph on a cheap nitto 315 18" drag radial mounted to my stock 2000 vette wheels. (setup-gear-hp-setup).

I honestly can't express in words with how well the white vette handles with it's suspension. So when I see **** like this,...I can't help but think lack of experience,...or simply choosing the WRONG setup and failing.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:23 PM
10 Second Club

Gt cars are not designed for downforce, modified production cars. Depending on the year and series rules can very greatly. The only thing composite on a gt car would be some of the body on the M3's we raced but the Panoz's were all carbon bodied. Underbody can very from none to carbon to aluminum over years. Prototypes were designed for downforce.

Buy the way you just admitted your set-up is not "optimized" by not wanting to go below a 35 roll and listing all the things you would change to go from a dig. Seems your set-up might be a bit off......maybe even failing.

Good tires by the way. I've ran those before also. I was making sure you wasn't some goofball telling me how great his car handles with normal tires on the front and a dr on the rear.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:30 PM
10 Second Club

Oh yea, I didn't understand what you said about gear.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:01 AM
Launching!

V series tech.....

You had me at vaginal sleekness like areodynamics.

Ok Im back now.

I had the stock tires on and the 490 rwhp was blowing them away. So I got nitto invois and the tires stuck like glue. Month later I put in the cam at 555 rwhp and now the nitto invois get blown away.

Im talking with Gregg Good and hes telling me his heads can get me around 650 rwhp sae with the big cam I already have. So Ill get back to it and run some nitto r's and see how it goes.

Hell i beat a lp570 and stock gtr plus 550 awhp gtr when my viper was just 490 rwhp. What the hell was I thinking.

Guess I got a lil brainwashed caus in the same week my buddy took me for a spirited ride in his stock gtr and stock lp570 and then 1000 hp gtr. Watching each car just hook and go rather 400 awhp or 500 awhp or 900 awhp plus the seemless split second paddle shifts messed me up a lil.

My bad. All about the setup and vaginal sleekness like areodynamics
Old 04-12-2012, 05:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Gt cars are not designed for downforce, modified production cars. Depending on the year and series rules can very greatly. The only thing composite on a gt car would be some of the body on the M3's we raced but the Panoz's were all carbon bodied. Underbody can very from none to carbon to aluminum over years. Prototypes were designed for downforce.

Buy the way you just admitted your set-up is not "optimized" by not wanting to go below a 35 roll and listing all the things you would change to go from a dig. Seems your set-up might be a bit off......maybe even failing.

Good tires by the way. I've ran those before also. I was making sure you wasn't some goofball telling me how great his car handles with normal tires on the front and a dr on the rear.

Do gt cars have diffusers? Do they not have wings? Are they not race cars? It doesn't matter how production based they are.......they're underpowered race cars designed to be 500 hp and designed to stick in a corner with the body work performed to them.

My setup a fail?...ah, ok, ya got me there bud....but i didn't build the car to be a drag car, as I don't care about 1/4....I built the car to be a street car....and a standing mile car. I'm totally fine with that. So fail?....nah, its called hitting the nail on the head given my budget. The new setup will set me back $6000+.....just to make it dig safe....which again, not a concern of mine when MY races are all from slow rolls. This kind of power on the street....you don't want to go from a dig anyways.

Oh yea, I didn't understand what you said about gear.

That's where you fail. :-)

V series tech.....

Ok Im back now.

I had the stock tires on and the 490 rwhp was blowing them away. So I got nitto invois and the tires stuck like glue. Month later I put in the cam at 555 rwhp and now the nitto invois get blown away.

Im talking with Gregg Good and hes telling me his heads can get me around 650 rwhp sae with the big cam I already have. So Ill get back to it and run some nitto r's and see how it goes.

Hell i beat a lp570 and stock gtr plus 550 awhp gtr when my viper was just 490 rwhp. What the hell was I thinking.

Guess I got a lil brainwashed caus in the same week my buddy took me for a spirited ride in his stock gtr and stock lp570 and then 1000 hp gtr. Watching each car just hook and go rather 400 awhp or 500 awhp or 900 awhp plus the seemless split second paddle shifts messed me up a lil.

..in short, you have the wrong combo. Get a tire, stop bitchin about traction problems in rear drive cars....step one.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:24 AM
10 Second Club

Do gt cars have diffusers? Do they not have wings? Are they not race cars? It doesn't matter how production based they are.......they're underpowered race cars designed to be 500 hp and designed to stick in a corner with the body work performed to them.

My setup a fail?...ah, ok, ya got me there bud....but i didn't build the car to be a drag car, as I don't care about 1/4....I built the car to be a street car....and a standing mile car. I'm totally fine with that. So fail?....nah, its called hitting the nail on the head given my budget. The new setup will set me back $6000+.....just to make it dig safe....which again, not a concern of mine when MY races are all from slow rolls. This kind of power on the street....you don't want to go from a dig anyways.

That's where you fail. :-)

..in short, you have the wrong combo. Get a tire, stop bitchin about traction problems in rear drive cars....step one.
Like I said you are not optimized.....now go scratch your vagina.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:30 AM
10 Second Club

V series tech.....

Ok Im back now.

I imagine it was impressive and nice to drive a car that basically you never have to worry about traction.

This guy don't know wtf he's talkin about if he can not realize the consistency and benefits of awd or the quickness of the paddle shifting.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Like I said you are not optimized.....now go scratch your vagina.
I imagine it was impressive and nice to drive a car that basically you never have to worry about traction.

This guy don't know wtf he's talkin about if he can not realize the consistency and benefits of awd or the quickness of the paddle shifting.

Comprehension owns you. I said all the bitches out there that don't know how to make a high horsepower rwd hook, go buy an awd car because its the easy way. But with 400whp and 3.90 gears, again, you don't have a clue of what it takes. never said AWD doesn't work....never said autos are bad either.....your simply talking **** about something you apparently have no experience with. Could give two ***** about your past job bud .....this is very simple math.

Stick to the sidelines.

Quick Reply: street raced in the fastest car Ive ever been in!