TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol some people know nothing about modded turbo cars
Old 04-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skarecrow
[benchracing on]

correct me if i'm wrong, as i've never had a turbo/blown engine... but "boost", as measured in psi, is just a measurement of the air pressure at the intake manifold. It isn't even really a measurement of CFM, as you can flow more CFMs with lower "boost" on the same engine with a ported manifold. that being said, if his was reporting 4-5psi of boost, that was net boost pressure, from both turbos, as measaured at his manifold. meaning each one was putting out about 2-3psi. I've never heard of someone essentially doubling their rwhp output on a stock engine from 4psi. hell i've never even heard it happen from 14psi (although in THEORY it should happen around 14.7psi, in practice i believe it's closer to 18 or 19psi due to effeciency loss). has your friend in the 350z swapped cams? ported heads, manifold, and throttle body? is there a shot of nitrous on there he didn't mention? i am not calling bullshit either, i am just very confused, as his car seems to be defying the laws of turbo car physics that every other car i've ever seen or heard of has adhered to.

[benchracing off]
Thank you for saying it for me LOL. Very well said for the most part.

Also remember that 370WHP is not doubling a 350Zs power output.

To answer your confusion about such high output in low boost, just look at what you already know: Boost is not flow. So you can flow god knows how much on a low boost level with the right setup. While 14.7PSI will more or less double the absolute pressure, it does not double the flow which determines power.

Take a look at what an 8PSi base level P1SC does for an LS1
Old 04-27-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

speaking of turbos i saw a c5 lingenfelter vette on my way from from school today at first i thought it was a regular vette, then i got close and saw the "lingenfelter 500hp twin turbo" emblem and i saw the exhaust and the hks wheels they use and my jaw dropped, he was an older white guy and he turned on the next street..........i didnt get 2 race him as he would probably rape the living **** out of my stock dd third gen TA, but this was my first time ever seen one of these cars in person, LPE rules beautiful car.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by StoleIt
ya but how much did you spend on your car? and how much did he spend on the 350? i guarantee if you took the amount he spent on the turbo kit and put that on your car you'd walk him. but nice deaths! honorable
Old 04-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Hugger SS
Would you like to see the dyno sheet? It made 372 rwhp with a hair under 5 psi

The air to fuel was at 9:1 across the board...with some tuning...I would have to say about 400-415 rwhp at the same boost level
No way.

A properly tuned TT350Z should make about 425-440 (SAE) at 9psi unless there are some other major mods on the car.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Launching!

Boost is not flow. Xpsi on one turbo is much more flow than xpsi on another.

10PSI from a T-76 is a lot more airflow than 20psi on a T-25.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by unit213
I disagree roger. I see turbos and blown cars all the time. The majority of people out there don't really know how to build a car. They slap a blower or a turbo kit on and they think they automatically run 10's. I've seen so many fully built 5.0 stangs run mid 12's it's not even funny.

You never can tell though. That's the thing. A POS rx7 can pop of a low 11.

I totally agree! I have seen a forged 347 stroker that was supercharged with full bolt ons, aluminum radiator, suspension, moved battery to rear...AKA everything done pretty much........and still only ran 12s. He should have been well under that. It was a mustang hatchback.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Boost is not flow. Xpsi on one turbo is much more flow than xpsi on another.

10PSI from a T-76 is a lot more airflow than 20psi on a T-25.
I don't know if you're responding to me, but I agree with you. I'm under the impression this guy had a Greddy Kit. If so, I stand by my 9 psi estimate.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GMmexican
speaking of turbos i saw a c5 lingenfelter vette on my way from from school today at first i thought it was a regular vette, then i got close and saw the "lingenfelter 500hp twin turbo" emblem and i saw the exhaust and the hks wheels they use and my jaw dropped, he was an older white guy and he turned on the next street..........i didnt get 2 race him as he would probably rape the living **** out of my stock dd third gen TA, but this was my first time ever seen one of these cars in person, LPE rules beautiful car.

HKS?

You mean HRE wheels HKS is a turbo company