Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Are all SVT owners a**holes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 07:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never Chase anyone ever who take off like that just not worth the gas to Chase some jumper... Find him again some other time and destroy him with more mods. Done
Old 04-16-2012, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

And not all SVT owners are ******** btw. I know a few cool guys with 03-04 Cobras.

I have ran into one that was scared to loose though. First we ran 3 or 4 times from 40 to 60 rolls and I walked away every time in my head/cam C5. Then we run from a dig (Cobra on DR's, me on street tires), he got me almost a car length off the jump and I pull dead even with him at the top of 2nd gear about 75-80mph where I shut down due to being on edge of town. We pull over and he tells me he kept it in 5th gear during the roll races...LMAO. Then he proceeds to decline my offer to head further out of town to get a good solid run in after he said he would definitely beat me no problem. I ask then why did I pull even with him from the dig..? He answers that he let off, which was funny because I let off as soon as I was bumper-to-bumper with him and he kept going a little ways further and it was obvious he was WOT. He then says if my car said "Z06" he would be a little worried but not a regular C5. And I tell him my car already has more whp then a Z06 has at the flywheel. He smirks and we go separate ways. That was the 2nd toolbox I met in an 03-04 cobra.

The 1st raging nut-stain in an 03 Cobra that I ran into I utterly destroyed on my old '01 CBR F4i from a dig. The guy then asks for another dig race and to have literally about an 1/8th mile head start and run to top speed. WTF, lol. I know it sounds ridiculous but I am not making that up.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Sounds like the SVT owner knew he got the jump and you were slowly coming back so he knew he would probably loose in a run without a jump. Maybe, just maybe that's why he didn't want to run again, to avoid his soft hurt feelings??? LOL...
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the SVT owner knew he got the jump and you were slowly coming back so he knew he would probably loose in a run without a jump. Maybe, just maybe that's why he didn't want to run again, to avoid his soft hurt feelings??? LOL...
Very true. It's ok though, just wish I could have got a better run. It was an 03/04 cobra BTW guys. Next time I see him I don't think I'll be creeping.... Hopefully in couple of weeks I'll have my wet shot.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And not all SVT owners are ******** btw. I know a few cool guys with 03-04 Cobras.

I have ran into one that was scared to loose though. First we ran 3 or 4 times from 40 to 60 rolls and I walked away every time in my head/cam C5. Then we run from a dig (Cobra on DR's, me on street tires), he got me almost a car length off the jump and I pull dead even with him at the top of 2nd gear about 75-80mph where I shut down due to being on edge of town. We pull over and he tells me he kept it in 5th gear during the roll races...LMAO. Then he proceeds to decline my offer to head further out of town to get a good solid run in after he said he would definitely beat me no problem. I ask then why did I pull even with him from the dig..? He answers that he let off, which was funny because I let off as soon as I was bumper-to-bumper with him and he kept going a little ways further and it was obvious he was WOT. He then says if my car said "Z06" he would be a little worried but not a regular C5. And I tell him my car already has more whp then a Z06 has at the flywheel. He smirks and we go separate ways. That was the 2nd toolbox I met in an 03-04 cobra.

The 1st raging nut-stain in an 03 Cobra that I ran into I utterly destroyed on my old '01 CBR F4i from a dig. The guy then asks for another dig race and to have literally about an 1/8th mile head start and run to top speed. WTF, lol. I know it sounds ridiculous but I am not making that up.
See what I mean. But I know not all are A holes. But there is a lot of them.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's stupid to generalize a whole group based off of 1 persons actions. I know a few people with slow civics with fart cannons and ugly body kits. Some of them are actually nice people, but just lack some taste in the modding category. Don't define someone by the car they drive. That guy seems like an *** hole regardless of what he would have been driving. It ain't fair to throw every cobra owner under the bus just because of this one tool bags actions. I knows few douchers who drive fbodies and vettes too... Doesn't mean everyone who owns one is.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

I know a guy with a 99 cobra he's a good guy, believed my car was a pos too, until I beat his friend's srt8, now he's too scared to race xD
Old 04-17-2012, 12:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Manny gets beat and throws the bird...par for the course. Generalizing all owners of a model is ignorant. I guess all F-body owners are whiny excuse-makers with no grasp of the English language, such as HiO and yourself.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:09 AM
TECH Resident

I had a similar experience with a ******** in an S4... except I pulled right past him after his ricer flyby attempt, and he still talked. I asked if all Audi owners are snobs... but obv. it was said in jest.

I don't see how thumbing down someone elses car can make you feel like a winner.

Just forget it. Hopefully you run into him again and get the line up you want.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Funny how the stang guys talk down on here.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mannyman84
Funny how everyone on the INTERNET is talking **** lol
Old 04-17-2012, 01:39 AM
Staging Lane

Talk down? Calling a spade a spade and using your logic. You're the guy who created the title "Are ALL SVT owners a**holes?"

Also, you don't need stars for the 2 s's. ********. See? No censoring here
Old 04-17-2012, 02:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snake95
Talk down? Calling a spade a spade and using your logic. You're the guy who created the title "Are ALL SVT owners a**holes?"

Also, you don't need stars for the 2 s's. ********. See? No censoring here
It's a question. Never said they all are, just asking since I've encountered more than 3. And you seem to be falling in that cadegory.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I gave the bird, but hey he deserved it.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:21 AM
Staging Lane

It's a question. Never said they all are, just asking since I've encountered more than 3. And you seem to be falling in that cadegory.
I'm hurt. If my opinion makes me an ******* in your eyes...I'm cool with being an *******.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:38 AM
On The Tree

A lot of the SVT owners I know also own Corvette's or end up selling their SVT product to buy a Corvette.

What do you think about Corvette owners?
Old 04-17-2012, 02:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Heater
A lot of the SVT owners I know also own Corvette's or end up selling their SVT product to buy a Corvette.

Those corvette owners are cocky and they think they own a exotic when really its a fbody with 2 seats ..... Lmao Jk Jk
Old 04-17-2012, 03:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Heater

I don't think of anyone as an ******* until they prove to be one. Obviously the guy I ran into was trying to put me down. I've ran into guys, raced them and gave them thumbs up win or loose. I try and be cool with anyone but this guy just went far. Wish I could explain the other gestures he was making. Basically he was really really cocky and could of just gave me thumbs up and wnt on his way or just ignored me after the run I would of been fine with that. But he decided to just hangout his window screaming "your **** is weak" (with thumbs down) also forgot to mention I also thought I heard em say something like **** off but I wasn't sure so I just flip the bird and smiled.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:53 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What were you driving?
Old 04-17-2012, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
Those corvette owners are cocky and they think they own a exotic when really its a fbody with 2 seats ..... Lmao Jk Jk
Oh yeah? Go trim your mullet!!! lol.