Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Are all SVT owners a**holes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bird.is.Word
So do you ask for a list of mods from F body owners before you race them?
I don't have to race anyone I don't want to. If it sounds healthy, I'll run it. Otherwise, I wont if it just seems like another bolton car making less that 350hp. IDK how many times I have to say this, I'm referring to the bolton cars and not fbodies in general since there are tons out there that would walk me. If a 1000rwhp Fbody said he didn't want to race me, I'd be fine with it, since the outcome wouldn't be pretty anyways. I like to have a challenge if I'm going to run someone.

I don't go out and race everything I see... Don't like it? oh well... Go find someone else. I'm not deaf, and usually you can tell when a car is just a little more modded than a exhaust system. Sorry for not racing every car I see?

Even if I had my 02 SS with the same mods done to it, I wouldn't race a car making a considerable amour less power than me. It's not fun destroying a car unless they deserve it.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Camaro_94
I don't have to race anyone I don't want to. If it sounds healthy, I'll run it. Otherwise, I wont if it just seems like another bolton car making less that 350hp. IDK how many times I have to say this, I'm referring to the bolton cars and not fbodies in general since there are tons out there that would walk me. If a 1000rwhp Fbody said he didn't want to race me, I'd be fine with it, since the outcome wouldn't be pretty anyways. I like to have a challenge if I'm going to run someone.

I don't go out and race everything I see... Don't like it? oh well... Go find someone else. I'm not deaf, and usually you can tell when a car is just a little more modded than a exhaust system. Sorry for not racing every car I see?

Even if I had my 02 SS with the same mods done to it, I wouldn't race a car making a considerable amour less power than me. It's not fun destroying a car unless they deserve it.

Not saying I could but I would try to give you hell from a redlight!!!!! Bet you couldn't catch me until I'm in 3rd.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:34 PM
TECH Regular

Guys that drive 03/04 cobras suck a lot of ****.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:50 PM
TECH Regular

Whoever sais otherwise you probably suck it too
Old 04-17-2012, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
LoL, the biggest **** talkers I know are GM fanatics.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this. ****, my dad is a GM nut and he talks **** to me all the time Of course, it's all in fun...but even on the street, I've found GM owners more likely to hide mods or lie about them, and talk the most ****.

Just an example (I know I will get flamed for this being on LS1tech...buuuuuuut) I am still baffled how in the LS world, the term "cam only" came to realistically mean cam, headers, intake, underdrive pulleys, O/R Y (or X with true duals), gears, shifter, weight reduction, basically anything that doesn't touch the bottom end or heads. Maybe it's where I am from or the guys I hang with, but here if I have all of that, I say I have: cam (specifically what kind), LT headers, intake, underdrive pulleys, O/R X, gears (specific), shifter, weight reduction (how much).

I don't disagree with the concept of keeping **** on the hush, in fact it probably has won a lot of people a lot of races and money (Bredwinr ), I am just baffled that a term such as "cam only" means something different to two different groups, both being gear heads (before someone comes in and says Oh you're just not "in the know" if you don't know what it means). Just leaves a lot of room for "guessing" is my point. Before a race? (that is against some douche or ppl you don't know) Of course it's common to BS a little bit, I do it myself, but on an online forum where most of us are hours upon hours away from each other, why? Okay, I've ranted too much.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rio95cobra
Guys that drive 03/04 cobras suck a lot of ****.
Pushrod Cobras FTW (I am guessing by your username but probably wrong )
Old 04-17-2012, 11:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snake95
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this. ****, my dad is a GM nut and he talks **** to me all the time Of course, it's all in fun...but even on the street, I've found GM owners more likely to hide mods or lie about them, and talk the most ****.

Just an example (I know I will get flamed for this being on LS1tech...buuuuuuut) I am still baffled how in the LS world, the term "cam only" came to realistically mean cam, headers, intake, underdrive pulleys, O/R Y (or X with true duals), gears, shifter, weight reduction, basically anything that doesn't touch the bottom end or heads. Maybe it's where I am from or the guys I hang with, but here if I have all of that, I say I have: cam (specifically what kind), LT headers, intake, underdrive pulleys, O/R X, gears (specific), shifter, weight reduction (how much).

I don't disagree with the concept of keeping **** on the hush, in fact it probably has won a lot of people a lot of races and money (Bredwinr ), I am just baffled that a term such as "cam only" means something different to two different groups, both being gear heads (before someone comes in and says Oh you're just not "in the know" if you don't know what it means). Just leaves a lot of room for "guessing" is my point. Before a race? (that is against some douche or ppl you don't know) Of course it's common to BS a little bit, I do it myself, but on an online forum where most of us are hours upon hours away from each other, why? Okay, I've ranted too much.

I do agree i lose respect for anyone that says i have CAM ONLY and has full bolt ons which is what the cam needs to be at full potential. There have been more then a couple of people on this site that have said cam only and there NOT. Im not biased to any group just to those who deserve respect and are honest. If you dont want to mention mods then dont even bother saying cam only either. Not to bash anyone in specific nor the site since i love LS1Tech no doubt. Just stating the obvious because a cammed LS1 with bolt ons is definitly no slouch, lol.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

I always took cam only as cam + supporting bolt ons.. It's just a given when someone says cam only..go look at the cam only list. Just means long block is stock aside from the cam..

People Sand bag all the time. Regardless of make/model. In my experience its Mustang owners who are always trying to sand bag me..though I know ALOT of VetteF-Body owners who do. Also know alot who are upfront about mods.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Camaro_94
You can tell if its got a cam in it... Usually pretty easily. Especially if you're next to them at a stop light. And unless theyre spraying a 200 shot with their bolt-on setup, I wouldnt really have to worry.

If its got a cam, I'll play. I said "BOLTON cars". I take my losses like a man. If someones got a faster car, they have a faster car. I still always give everyone a thumbs up regardless of the outcome. There will always be someone faster, and I realize that...

I dont have anything against them, since I did own several fbodies, but its just not worth the risk to play with them. I dont mean to discredit anyones car, but I was just saying some people may find me to be a dick for not playing with them.. But I wont throw them the finger or give them a thumbs down either. I just wont go. What kind of satisfaction would I gain by beating a car I have nearly 200rwhp over?

I dont instigate races anymore either.
I was just curious since realistically most cam only cars arn't even a close race for you.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by oChristiano
I always took cam only as cam + supporting bolt ons.. It's just a given when someone says cam only..go look at the cam only list. Just means long block is stock aside from the cam..
I understand the meaning 110%, I know what everybody takes it as. I just would like to know the journey of wordplay that took "I have cam and XXX bolt ons, gears, slicks, stall, weight reduction" to "I'm a cam only car." I'm not pissed off about it just interestingly amused by it.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:33 AM
TECH Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZbdIQLsEpU
Old 04-18-2012, 12:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand the meaning 110%, I know what everybody takes it as. I just would like to know the journey of wordplay that took "I have cam and XXX bolt ons, gears, slicks, stall, weight reduction" to "I'm a cam only car." I'm not pissed off about it just interestingly amused by it.
So your running stock heads and intake ? Whats it run in the 1/4
Old 04-18-2012, 12:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
So your running stock heads and intake ? Whats it run in the 1/4
Stock intake, heads are AFR165's...first time to the track with it, experimenting with launch RPM and shift points, didn't drive it that well and (have since discovered after it ran like poo after 5k) I was getting valve float a little after 5k which is why I take my numbers with a grain of salt, car wasn't running right...I know it sounds like a bitch excuse, but 'tis the truth.

I don't claim to be cam only...or bolt ons only...or whatever, either.

I have stronger springs in now, so I'll let you know what I run within the next 2 weeks
Old 04-18-2012, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Stock intake, heads are AFR165's...first time to the track with it, experimenting with launch RPM and shift points, didn't drive it that well and (have since discovered after it ran like poo after 5k) I was getting valve float a little after 5k which is why I take my numbers with a grain of salt, car wasn't running right...I know it sounds like a bitch excuse, but 'tis the truth.

I don't claim to be cam only...or bolt ons only...or whatever, either.

I have stronger springs in now, so I'll let you know what I run within the next 2 weeks
had a sn95 really clean car painted it ran a Gt40 setup ran pretty good regret selling it. Sounded great also.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive yet to hear anyone state how much lbs they've taken out of car on the street.

People say H/C all the time so does that meant to you they only have heads and a cam? lol.

Its pretty obvious, when someone says cam only its so that you can gauge the power output the car is making. When someone says heads and cam they obviously don't ONLY have heads and a cam. Its the easiest way to gauge how much power the car is making without actually saying it.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:56 AM
Staging Lane

had a sn95 really clean car painted it ran a Gt40 setup ran pretty good regret selling it. Sounded great also.
I remember you saying this to me a while ago (had to be a thread a year or 2 ago). That's awesome. I plan to drop my motor in a notch down the road as I regret selling my '87 Coupe every day and even have dreams about it where all it needs is a motor (weird, huh? ) I just loved the raw feel of it and it had power nothing (windows, seats, no rear speakers) and I loved it, I don't need anything fancy to keep me happy. Nice and simple. I'm sure that will change as I get older.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah that was me lol. Before my ta I picked up a 89 coupe with a Bbk intacharger on it. Sounded bad *** also but my friend bugged me to buy it until I sold it to him. Now he won't let that car go for the world. Lol
Old 04-18-2012, 01:04 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah that was me lol. Before my ta I picked up a 89 coupe with a Bbk intacharger on it. Sounded bad *** also but my friend bugged me to buy it until I sold it to him. Now he won't let that car go for the world. Lol
You had a blacked out Camaro then, right? Last time we talked.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea I did.