Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Slow SRT8 Jeep vs TBSS

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 02:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
because with those mods that is more than enough to be equal with an essentially stock Jeep SRT8, you took him cause his is really slow for the mods and makes some weak power 298AWHP as he posted on the TBSS forums. Jeeps are faster stock no doubt but a stall and mild bolt ons equals it out for an AWD TBSS
How many of the mods that were in his sig actually add horsepower though? He has a CAI, muffler delete and a tune, for Hell sake. Then the stall will eat extra horsepower as well. I have the same horsepower mods as him with the exception to the tune and I don't have to try to transfer my power through a high stall.

The results of this race really shouldn't be that surprising.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UAE_Z28
Typical outcome, I have a close friend over here with a TBSS , he's bone stock, and he always looses to srt8s, then one time he lost to an srt8 badly, I raced that srt8 with my lid only camaro and beat his ***.
Sell your rims or drive your car off a cliff.

Sorry, but someone had to say it.

Originally Posted by Jay z28
How many of the mods that were in his sig actually add horsepower though? He has a CAI, muffler delete and a tune, for Hell sake. Then the stall will eat extra horsepower as well. I have the same horsepower mods as him with the exception to the tune and I don't have to try to transfer my power through a high stall.

I'm with AWDTBSS. I expected the race to be a lot closer actually, especially for his mods. AWDTBSS's ran really well with similar mods and I saw him whoop many a GCSRT8 lol.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:49 AM
TECH Regular

Intake, efans, UDP, Tune all add power. Tune is a huge mod on Auto cars idk why your trying to down play his mods.
a STALL ALONE is worth 6tenths in a TBSS, his car is just slow for the mods end of story. Go race another Stall'd TBSS

Originally Posted by NattyLight
That's the the next step.... I think I might be losing some significant power due to knock retard. I saw 8+* of kr tonight from a 1500rpm launch....
heres what he posted on TBSS forums, and this answers alot it seems lol

Last edited by AWDTBSS; 04-17-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

Don't know why you say I am down playing his mods. I didn't do that. Just that there aren't a huge difference in mods.

6 tenths for a stall huh? So that'll bring him down to a 14.6 from his 15.2 that he ran at our local track. Which would bring him to within a stock SRT8's times at the same track (from the same run mind you), driven by a noob "kid driving Daddy's SRT8" who slept on the line for almost a full second. The quoted part is the TBSS owner's own words.

When did he post about the KR? Just barely? He just barely got a tune the day before these runs.

I would love to run another TBSS with boltons, but not many of them around northern Utah, at least not that are active on the local forums that I am on. I'm not scurred of some runs, regardless of what it is. I'm actually setting up a friendly run with a 03 Cobra. Yes I know I'll get owned on the top end, but it's all for fun. I'll post the vid once it happens.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

There is a huge difference a tune makes a big difference on autos. And yes 6tenths I dropped that much off my time no other changes but stall.
Not sure when he posted that I just saw it this morning on tbssowners forum. He should at the very least be side by side with u
Old 04-17-2012, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't know why you say I am down playing his mods. I didn't do that. Just that there aren't a huge difference in mods.

6 tenths for a stall huh? So that'll bring him down to a 14.6 from his 15.2 that he ran at our local track. Which would bring him to within a stock SRT8's times at the same track (from the same run mind you), driven by a noob "kid driving Daddy's SRT8" who slept on the line for almost a full second. The quoted part is the TBSS owner's own words.

When did he post about the KR? Just barely? He just barely got a tune the day before these runs.

I would love to run another TBSS with boltons, but not many of them around northern Utah, at least not that are active on the local forums that I am on. I'm not scurred of some runs, regardless of what it is. I'm actually setting up a friendly run with a 03 Cobra. Yes I know I'll get owned on the top end, but it's all for fun. I'll post the vid once it happens.
I don't see a tbss with a stall giving you any problems. I bet you can post 10 different tbss going down with the same mods and still people are going to call bs Or give an excuse. Your jeep is faster period. Stock for stock Srt8 will own it. Those jeeps run hard and if somone has a lighty modded tbss in sa I'm sure my buddy Srt8 jeep can whoop it here as well
Old 04-17-2012, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

Smh people on here don't know crap about TBSS's lol, who cares if the jeep beats it stock for stock the mods on the tbss are enough to drop about a full second off in the 1/4mile lol.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Race a Srt8 and let us know then.. I know my hommie jeep has a few under his belt and never loss to one.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How close was this suppose to be ? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dz8Crhkg_IA
Old 04-17-2012, 04:00 PM
TECH Regular

I sold my tbss but mine would beat ANY stock jeep Srt8 around here which is essentially what the op has since its untuned.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What was done to yours ? What did you run in it ?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was definitely impressed with the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 when I read the C&D comparison of them in 2006 when it showed 0-60 in 4.5 for the Jeep and 5.5 for the TBSS. Yes, I know, I am resorting to Killemall magazine racing, but either way, both numbers are definitely respectable for a large SUV. The 425hp SRT-8 is definitely impressive.

If parents end up getting rid of our large 30' camper, I'll likely end up selling the truck for a similar mileage AWD TBSS since the dad then would not have to borrow it anymore.

Nice runs! And even better because you had 3 videos of it
Old 04-17-2012, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
I assume this is him since the screen names are the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRiCu...eature=related
Old 04-17-2012, 04:23 PM
TECH Regular

Bolt ons and 3600stall. With a loose spark plug it went 13.2 and on my gtech 0-60 was 4.6, then fixed the spark plug issue and did 4.4 0-60 but never went back to the track before I sold it. And new owner has already done HCI with 125 shot so I'll never know what it would of ran lol
Old 04-17-2012, 04:25 PM
TECH Regular

Ya that's before the stall. But that's around what jeep Srt8s run here stock some will do high 13.3x when it gets towards the end of the night at the track, but usually 13.4ish
Old 04-17-2012, 04:28 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Be respectful gentlemen.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
Bolt ons and 3600stall. With a loose spark plug it went 13.2 and on my gtech 0-60 was 4.6, then fixed the spark plug issue and did 4.4 0-60 but never went back to the track before I sold it. And new owner has already done HCI with 125 shot so I'll never know what it would of ran lol
Curious, what is the elevation and/or DA at that track? I don't know what "Bay area" is.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

How close was this suppose to be ? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dz8Crhkg_IA
Really. SRT8 Jeeps do run hard, easy on the
Old 04-17-2012, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

TBSS do wake up with bolt ons
Old 04-17-2012, 04:34 PM
TECH Regular

Like 50-100ish I don't remember the elevation its Infineon Raceway. DA on both were from +300-1000

Quick Reply: Slow SRT8 Jeep vs TBSS