LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Why do YOU love the LT1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 01:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Why do YOU love the LT1?

C'mon, we all know and love the motor. Why do you?
Old 04-21-2004, 01:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally, I bought the car simply in love with the look of the lt1's body style and the fact that it was what I could afford. Then, I started to realize the difference in hp stock for stock that the ls1's had. But I maintained my pride in the car and my appreciation for the performance potential and the lt1's look. Since then, I've enjoyed modding the bird and having fun learning about the lt1. I've realized that for enthusiasts who mod their cars, all the yapping about ls1 vs lt1, or any car for that matter doesn't mean a thing. Don't get me wrong though, the ls1 ws6 and ss look sick as all hell, but I still drool over the more subtle and aggressive styling of the lt1.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

With me, it's the charm of the LT1 cars. The crappy interior, the unreliable opti-spark... it's really unexplainable. I love LT1 cars just because they're LT1 cars. It's like I've got some strange infatuation with them... I just can't explain it.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:55 AM
Launching!

I like the way it sounds. It's noticably different than the LS1. I've always received more compliments driving around in it too.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by enisguy
With me, it's the charm of the LT1 cars. The crappy interior, the unreliable opti-spark... it's really unexplainable. I love LT1 cars just because they're LT1 cars. It's like I've got some strange infatuation with them... I just can't explain it.
I can't explain it either, but I love LT1 cars.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:20 AM
12 Second Club

Check out my sig. I love my LT1 and I love beating up on LS1s
Old 04-21-2004, 12:51 PM
Launching!

My love affair with the LT1 began with the price. But I find the most pleasing things about LT1 cars are the aesthetics. The sound is awesome, and the LT1 Trans Am seems "sharper" lookswise than the LS1, especially once you ditch that stock hood. (damn ugly IMO). Did I mention the sound? I LOVE THE SOUND!
Old 04-21-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 95z6spd
Check out my sig. I love my LT1 and I love beating up on LS1s

You're gonna need a lot mroe than high 12s to beat up on most of the LS1s on the road, though...
Old 04-21-2004, 01:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

When I got my LT1, LS1s had barley been out so people were still modding the LT1s on a large scale and were faster than the LS1 cars. I have had it since. My 93 was 63K miles on it, I bought it with 41K. I cant sell my LT1 and get any money for it, so i see no point in getting rid of it. I do want to get a daily driver and retire my LT1 so I can start building it up.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love the sound. The low low end torqu. And the feel of it. Its a differnt ride than in an ls1. More agressive.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just simply cant describe how much I love my LT1. You could put it up against any other 350 and it sounds totaly different and totaly better. Maybe its the fact that I can barely touch the gas at ANY rpm and I'll feel myself getting pushed into the back of my seat. Maybe it's for the same reason as mentioned above(sharper, sleeker, more aggresive lines on the LT1 TA's than the LS1). Its possibly the personality of the car: stout, rock solid, tried and true, and always ready to get crazy at any rpm. The part I love most about the car is its solid nature....I could shoot a hole straight through the motor with a shotgun slug, turnaround, and probably turn it on with nothing more than a puff of blue smoke You just cant kill these damn motors! You can throw just about anything at them and they keep on ticking, a perfect example by which thiings should to be built. Lastly, a Red LT1 Trans Am was my dream car all through high school, and when I finally got a chance to obtain one, I did, and I wont be giving it up anytime soon.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Gangly
I just simply cant describe how much I love my LT1. You could put it up against any other 350 and it sounds totaly different and totaly better. Maybe its the fact that I can barely touch the gas at ANY rpm and I'll feel myself getting pushed into the back of my seat. Maybe it's for the same reason as mentioned above(sharper, sleeker, more aggresive lines on the LT1 TA's than the LS1). Its possibly the personality of the car: stout, rock solid, tried and true, and always ready to get crazy at any rpm. The part I love most about the car is its solid nature....I could shoot a hole straight through the motor with a shotgun slug, turnaround, and probably turn it on with nothing more than a puff of blue smoke You just cant kill these damn motors! You can throw just about anything at them and they keep on ticking, a perfect example by which thiings should to be built. Lastly, a Red LT1 Trans Am was my dream car all through high school, and when I finally got a chance to obtain one, I did, and I wont be giving it up anytime soon.
Aaron, got any pics of your car?
Old 04-21-2004, 07:43 PM
Teching In

im not sure exactly why, but when i started apprenticing at my shop, a camaro came in and before that i had no idea about lt1's, reverse flow cooling, opti-spark? wtf is that. i just found it intriguing, but yet it was still a small block. also the sound, especially, ls1's just dont sound the same.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

I like the looks of the LT1 cars better than the LS1 cars. I think the front end of the LS1 Camaro looks like a catfish. I bought my 94Z brand new off the showroom floor in '94. I still love the car. It's got 63k miles on it now, still looks pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails Why do YOU love the LT1?-94z.jpg  
Old 04-21-2004, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Camaroholic
It's got 63k miles on it now, still looks pretty good.
yes it does!
Old 04-21-2004, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

well at first i wanted my sis 02 ram air...but i could not afford it..so i bout my 93 z...so i guess the price caught my attention plus these motors may not have as much hp as ls1 but those others guys still keep a good eye on the lt1 drivers....so that tells me my motor is no punk
Old 04-22-2004, 10:47 AM
11 Second Club

LT1s are awesome when built right, less expensive to build than an LS1 (engine wise). As for Camaros since I own one, I don't care for the new camaro goggle eye look. I almost bought a black 01 WS6 m6 but decided it was more important putting my son through college..shrugs. So bought a 97 Z28 14 months ago and love it, same interior & taillights as the 98's & up, leather, all the bells & whistles of the newer LS1 at a fraction of the cost. Nothing compares to doing your own work, building a car to your own specs, I've been through mine top to bottom, rebuilt the engine, now building a stroker (1st rebuild will be my backup) and I'm installing the 12 bolt this weekend. So in the longrun I've saved a ton of money with the LT1 and it's a whole different car from when I started.
Attached Thumbnails Why do YOU love the LT1?-febzr1chrome11s.jpg  
Old 04-22-2004, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

BRETTINATOR, your car is bad ***! I kinda wish I had the new interior, but I like the 94-96 interior pretty well too. I don't care to much for the gauges on the 93 Camaros.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by OneMeanZ
BRETTINATOR, your car is bad ***! I kinda wish I had the new interior, but I like the 94-96 interior pretty well too. I don't care to much for the gauges on the 93 Camaros.
Thanks dude, likewise mean looking LT1 you have. I almost bought the Torque Thrusts rims like you have, I was just too lazy and didn't want to polish them all the time.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by OneMeanZ
Agreed, both you guys have nice cars. I have a thing for big black... LT1s.

Quick Reply: Why do YOU love the LT1?