Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
TOYO RA1's.

look em up.

Who needs drag radials?

We make lane changes comfortably @ over 180mph with coilovers....drag radials could happen but, would have the pucker effect. These tires...your in control.
Thats what they ran on the TT 5.0 at the TX mile. It went 206mph full weight and on only 17lbs of 24lbs max. They blew tires off at full boost.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run the Toyo R888's on all my toys.

TOYO RA1's.

look em up.

Who needs drag radials?

We make lane changes comfortably @ over 180mph with coilovers....drag radials could happen but, would have the pucker effect. These tires...your in control.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

to v series tech and jbhotrod, I talk about the UGR lambos because as you said yourself they serve their purpose. When your hot your hot... the Camaro that ran 253 is very impressive but can i roll that out of my garage at 1 in the morning to go to the races? not without waking the sub-division...lol. i love well built performance cars. if you read my post i was hoping one of the Venom GT owners would get in the battle and take out underground... i have posted a shytload of info on the Venom, 6.2 liter LS motor from the Z06 twin turbo'd makin 1200 on low boost, 0-200 in 15.3 seconds sounds like a hell of a lambo slayer to me... much like the white vette you posted vids of V series. I LOVE my American muscle but at the same time you have to respect the competition... hotrod, noob or not bro say what you feel... from what i have seen here on LS1 v series does and says what he wants, when he wants and to who he wants and has the car to back it up...lol. much respect.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Thats what they ran on the TT 5.0 at the TX mile. It went 206mph full weight and on only 17lbs of 24lbs max. They blew tires off at full boost.
Been using them for yearsyears, zero issues.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
i have posted a shytload of info on the Venom, 6.2 liter LS motor from the Z06 twin turbo'd makin 1200 on low boost
What the f are you talking about?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nah dude....there's liking them....then there is wanting to buttfuck one. Plain and simple. I love competition,...in everything. Like I said, exotic's serve a purpose, my neighbor has a 9 sec gtr,...and variety is great...especially when it comes to *****. Irrelevant.

fanboy **** is big here these days. Don't forget the title of this site,...yes, all welcome,..just recognize who's door way your standing in.
You actually sound like a fanboy .
Old 04-26-2012, 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

Been using them for yearsyears, zero issues.
What is your power level? Full boost the 5.0 in question makes about 1200whp.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Happy to represent the power plant that the site represents. You don't like it, eat ****.

What is your power level? Full boost the 5.0 in question makes about 1200whp.

Something like 1xxx.

You think a number is all that matters?
Old 04-26-2012, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jbhotrod
I kinda thought the same thing myself. IDK why they get so much support here. I wouldve thought it wouldve been the opposite. I just didnt want to say anything because Im a noob and would just get flamed out and told Im wrong.

Nearly everyone here seems to think UGR Gallardos absolutely rule the street and no way in hell anything can beat the 1500+ hp ones. Personally I wanna see someone step up and take them down. Hence, why I posted the vids of the 1750hp Ultima GTR TT427SBC, 1800hp Mosler MT900TT 427SBC, Chevy Procharged Stock Car doing 240mph, and our comrade in the FI forum with the 2246hp TT Vette. All of them Chevys, and all of them have a respectable chance to take out the baddest UGRs out there......besides the Nelson Racing Ultima GTR. Thats way more than a respectable chance. Can you say 2200lbs with 1750hp?! I dont know of very many cars out there that would be able to keep that thing from putting busses on them in a top end roll if it hooks.

Im ready to see ls1muscle run. 2246hp in a street legal car with a single 118mm! Maybe someone who knows him can convince him to take on a UGR R package G? Or hell, if anyone knows somebody running one of the DOT Drag Radial classes in a street legal car thats trapping 180+. The UGR crew is getting too comfortable, and was a complete ******* to LMR from what I heard.
No one is saying that the UGR cars are the best in the world... just that they are basically as easy to drive as a stock car. It can go drag at noon, hit the mall for lunch, drive across the state for ***** and giggles, finish the night up on a road course and do it all in the same comfort people expect from an A4.

anything that is fast which can behave like that is a well built street car, not something that just happens to still have a plate on it. I'm sure there are some fgt/vettes/vipers/stangs/etc which make similar power but then you run into awd vs rwd on the street which doesnt normally favor the rwd 1000+whp vehicle.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:12 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oddwraith
A "fanboy" on LSTTech. Yeah, I see you're still the smartest guy on the board, obviously.

I notice the guys that love to troll always have the slowest cars and never race. Go figure.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:19 AM
Staging Lane

i agree with LIQIDVENOM...the U.G.R. is basically a street car, can a lsx beat it...hell yes it could, i own three ls1's..did i ever say that nothing can beat a UGR ????...nothing...i'm impressed with what UGR has done, also impressed with that gorgeous camaro OHIO showed...incredible looking engine...but i would just as well be happy with a Z06 & a LP700...love them both...would never own a UGR...money isn't the problem...i'd kill myself, that's the problem..lolol...and no i do not want to bend a lambo over, it would be smelling all the **** on here...
Old 04-28-2012, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

I dont doubt the cars performance, I know what it can do. I just figured yall would be more like "man Id love to crush that snobs dreams with a car half the price". I think theyre pretty cool myself, but imo they get way too much love around here. Does anyone have the story of LMR`s encounter with UGR? It was something about LMR having a Vette that was faster than UGR`s Gall or something and they got mad and started saying all this BS about how LMR suck at building cars or something like that IIRC, that may be way off though. I think Worm said something about it on here. I do remember they sounded like real douches.

Also, Ohio, with those Toyo RA1s and R888s, what speed are they good to and hows traction using those on 1000+ hp car? Why would they be better to use than D/Rs for high speed? Also, whats puckering mean? Like the sidewall crinkling up?
Old 04-28-2012, 02:26 PM
10 Second Club

Happy to represent the power plant that the site represents. You don't like it, eat ****.

Something like 1xxx.

It puts a big perspective on why you spin he does. I know he has some suspension work. His car also made almost 1000wtq as well. And all this is threw an auto. Car has been 9.3's at 150+ in the 1/4 with different rims and low boost setting.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Something like 1xxx.

What type of car do you have? Engine CI and power adder?
Old 04-28-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Also, Ohio, with those Toyo RA1s and R888s, what speed are they good to and hows traction using those on 1000+ hp car? Why would they be better to use than D/Rs for high speed? Also, whats puckering mean? Like the sidewall crinkling up?

RA1's-R888's are road race tires...meaning soft compound, stiff sidewall. DR's are soft compound, soft sidewall. You may not notice a difference if your suspension is soft but, the firmer it is, the more tires have an effest on handling. For example, I have coilover suspension,...when I am on the throttle, with drag radials,..the tire sidewalls will want to fold over, the car is squating so hard...so any little steering input from myself, the car feels slightly loose. With road race tires,...it has no feeling like that at all...totally solid. Totally stable. They do work. Again, noticeable with a rigid suspension setup.

It puts a big perspective on why you spin he does. I know he has some suspension work. His car also made almost 1000wtq as well. And all this is threw an auto. Car has been 9.3's at 150+ in the 1/4 with different rims and low boost setting.
I know the car man, it's local. Your comparing two different platforms, two different gear ratios, and i'm guessing different weights. Every mustang I have ever raced runs into an aerodynamic brick wall @ 150 plus,...requiring A LOT more power, just to contend with, say a vette. It's just the way it is. Gearing,....boost,...traction,..aero..power...is the recipe. Ken did a really good job in that mustang though. Props to them for doing the 1/4 and the mile. Always rooting for the locals.

What type of car do you have? Engine CI and power adder?

Ah..ok.

Well, I have a twin turbo LSx notch back mustang, for all the ******** that think I won't dig race.

...but i'm talking about this, usually.

http://youtu.be/fAtV7m9bNLQ

TT E 85 car. 67mm Precisions(today-). 6 speed manual. It's an LS based motor.

Last edited by V-seriesTech; 04-28-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:46 AM
On The Tree

Wow, very nice sir! Whats the set up on the notch and what does it run? That Vette is nasty.

Comparing the thinner, stiffer type tires to drag radials, say if you were allowed to run D/Rs in the mile, and you were building a 1500hp TT car mainly for highway rolls and standing mile, would you still choose the Toyos? Hows traction at around 100mph at your power level with those tires?
Old 04-29-2012, 03:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

That thang got a Hemi? Sounds great
Old 04-29-2012, 09:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Wow, very nice sir! Whats the set up on the notch and what does it run? That Vette is nasty.

Comparing the thinner, stiffer type tires to drag radials, say if you were allowed to run D/Rs in the mile, and you were building a 1500hp TT car mainly for highway rolls and standing mile, would you still choose the Toyos? Hows traction at around 100mph at your power level with those tires?
Thank you. Honestly man, the vette has mini tubs I made, its got a 335 tire on there....I wouldn't want a taller tire for a one mile blast personally...I just don't feel like im in full control with something like that. I do occasionally do run nitto s at times for not so fast street running but, to me, the toyo is the best tires we've ran on my C5....and my cousins direct port 900++ HP 6 speed c5. If they work on that car, from 60mph....with no progressive controller, to me, that says they work. That car used to hit really hard . On Z rated tires, I blow them off at 145mph on the highways....with 305 nittos, I have some useable traction at 35 mph...as long as im on my GAME....which humbly, rarely not. The toyos for us, hook like drag radials....but are stable at 180+++. Its just what works for us, and the several LSX and LTX cars we run.. But likr I said, tires, crucial, , yes, just a part of the puzzle.

The mustang is a black ops car....nothing really to mention about it.

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
That thang got a Hemi? Sounds great
Lol, not exactly. And thanks. Catback is my design, my boy welded it, and its about 10lbs, since its aluminum and carbon fiber.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:34 AM
Staging Lane

V-SERIES... i was gonna ask, i never seen a exhaust like that before...first thing that went through my mind was ...carbon fiber ???!!!!...then i said, no way...props to you, your son and that awesome corvette...what are the times on it ????
Old 04-30-2012, 06:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 41863nj
V-SERIES... i was gonna ask, i never seen a exhaust like that before...first thing that went through my mind was ...carbon fiber ???!!!!...then i said, no way...props to you, your son and that awesome corvette...what are the times on it ????
Thanks man....its one of a kind that's for sure. "son"...im not a father, I don't think lol. ..but thanks.

Quick Reply: Dallas Performance TT Lambo vs DP Procharged Auto Corvette