Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Death to HioSSiver!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Quote me where I said that. You need to put that shovel down bud. I think you're already 6 feet deep.
you see where i quoted it or do i need to quote it again? keep jerkin to oil weights snappy lube
Old 04-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Teching In

I've never been much fan of the 03/04 Cobra motor. Iron block...crappy blower...powdered rods...crappy HE setup...low compression. Just not my cup of tea.
there it is one more time lmao..... need to borow a shovel?
Old 04-30-2012, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never been much fan of the 03/04 Cobra motor. Iron block...crappy blower...powdered rods...crappy HE setup...low compression. Just not my cup of tea.

You are approaching Hio's blind homerism with that statement.

I'm not going to argue oil weights with you because it's a matter of opinion. No offense Stoppy, but just let it go.

Nathan, if my motor **** the bed tomorrow, I would replace the pistons with a better grade quality (ie.Diamond), and that is all that I would replace in the rotating assembly since the rest is very strong. They make a stock replacement that would only require a hone IIRC.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Is it ok to even start one of these engines? Foe Christ sakes there is alot of don't's with them. How did they ever get this terminator/legendary status?.? With all these issues I can only think of 1 four letter word for them. It begins with a j
lol best post in this thread.

to the OP: all kidding aside, that sucks. i've always thought those motors were bullet proof and not near as tempermental as they apparently are. however, despite the fact i don't personally know you (and this is the interwebz), i refuse to be an utter cockbite about your situation. i hope everything comes together and works out the best it can.

you ford boys are a bunch of ******* ******** hahaha.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 173 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
HiO why don't you go have your friend powershift from 3rd to 2nd again or whatever he did the first time so you can run a 427 in your car and still call it stock.
How about a big fuuuuuuu Q lmao I'd be glad to but I don't drive other people's cars anymore. Great lesson learned
Old 04-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
there it is one more time lmao..... need to borow a shovel?
DOH! Brain fart for the week. You caught me...now hold onto that for dear life.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by s346k

to the OP: all kidding aside, that sucks. i've always thought those motors were bullet proof and not near as tempermental as they apparently are. however, despite the fact i don't personally know you (and this is the interwebz), i refuse to be an utter cockbite about your situation. i hope everything comes together and works out the best it can.

They are very tough engines, but the temperamental part comes in with:

Tuners leaning on them too hard trying to get big dyno numbers.
Hot lapping them at the drag strip.
High speed 5th gear pulls over heat the drivers side head.
Owners manual says 6 qt.s of oil, but it takes between 6 1/2 - 7 qt.s
Too heavy weight of oil will eat a bearing.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Heater
I'm not going to argue oil weights with you because it's a matter of opinion. No offense Stoppy, but just let it go.
It isn't opinion, it's a fact. Multiple engineers from Ford have claimed this.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

i've always thought those motors were bullet proof and not near as tempermental as they apparently are.
They are not tempermental at all nor are they fragile. Just like any motor forged or not you can destroy it if you don't know what you are doing. No offense to the OP.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Teching In

You are approaching Hio's blind homerism with that statement.

Nathan, if my motor **** the bed tomorrow, I would replace the pistons with a better grade quality (ie.Diamond), and that is all that I would replace in the rotating assembly since the rest is very strong. They make a stock replacement that would only require a hone IIRC.
lol he rolled out after asking me to quote and i delivered. anyway now that thats over. heater i apreciate you going out kof your way to help. diamonds are cheaper than most and a good piston. ask the guys that have seen the pumps go out if there are visual signs? im pulling the swap as we speak
Old 04-30-2012, 05:58 PM
Teching In

They are not tempermental at all nor are they fragile. Just like any motor forged or not you can destroy it if you don't know what you are doing. No offense to the OP.
yep i killed it using factory recomended oil. now go set in the corner and be humble after earliers statement. and pokin at my edumication. schooled
Old 04-30-2012, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

I want to say that I was told that if the gears aren't busted up; they could be scarred or cracked and cause oil pump failure.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Teching In

They are very tough engines, but the temperamental part comes in with:

Tuners leaning on them too hard trying to get big dyno numbers.
Hot lapping them at the drag strip.
High speed 5th gear pulls over heat the drivers side head.
Owners manual says 6 qt.s of oil, but it takes between 6 1/2 - 7 qt.s
Too heavy weight of oil will eat a bearing.
if i personally fucked it up. yes maybe hot laping. but if the oil pump gears are visually damaged fords weak pump is to blame. it has a dual pass he and head cooling mod. and 50 degree weather i was running in. oh well either way lesson learned no more hot laping
Old 04-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

yep i killed it using factory recomended oil. now go set in the corner and be humble after earliers statement. and pokin at my edumication. schooled
It sure couldn't have been the metal shavings in the oil from your lean mean 12.0 badass dyno tune could it have been?

And it's "sit" not "set". You set a table. You sit in a corner. Now go get you some more WV schooleding.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

No, it's just a matter of being honest and not sitting around circle-jerking each other like a bunch of LS1 owners I know

lazerlemon, I wasn't trying to call you out! Just taking a stab at HiO

Kevin, you're wasting your time correcting their grammar ****. The word incorrigible applies here.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Teching In

It sure couldn't have been the metal shavings in the oil from your lean mean 12.0 badass dyno tune could it have been?

And it's "sit" not "set". You set a table. You sit in a corner. Now go get you some more WV schooleding.
or could it be that the oil pump took a dump? we will know soon. and i didnt tune it i asked for a safe tune and trusted a guy to keep it safe? isnt that qhat i paid for?ill take pics of oil pump and post them if it was cause
Old 04-30-2012, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by lazerlemonta
How about a big fuuuuuuu Q lmao I'd be glad to but I don't drive other people's cars anymore. Great lesson learned
Bullshit you are driving mine. When you destroy it I want an LS9 since thats all you can get from GM!!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

or could it be that the oil pump took a dump? we will know soon. and i didnt tune it i asked for a safe tune and trusted a guy to keep it safe? isnt that qhat i paid for?ill take pics of oil pump and post them if it was cause
You pay the guy to tune the car and they have you SIGN a legal document stating anything that goes wrong with the car, they are not held responsible. Christ man are you that dumb to just let them go crazy and do whatever? No red flags went off with the lean readings? Did you even notice it? What about the IAT temps? Did you care to watch them? Why do you think the oil pump went south? Just magically pooped because it was powdered metal?

You know not really trying to be mean (even though you called me an idiot lol) but I gave you way more credit than I think I should have before. I thought you were a littler smarter than you seem to be. Good luck with the new build man, I know it sucks for you and truely sorry the new motor took a dump. Use this as a learning lesson and soak up as much knowledge as you can between now and when you put the new one in.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:32 PM
Teching In

You pay the guy to tune the car and they have you SIGN a legal document stating anything that goes wrong with the car, they are not held responsible. Christ man are you that dumb to just let them go crazy and do whatever? No red flags went off with the lean readings? Did you even notice it? What about the IAT temps? Did you care to watch them? Why do you think the oil pump went south? Just magically pooped because it was powdered metal?

You know not really trying to be mean (even though you called me an idiot lol) but I gave you way more credit than I think I should have before. I thought you were a littler smarter than you seem to be. Good luck with the new build man, I know it sucks for you and truely sorry the new motor took a dump. Use this as a learning lesson and soak up as much knowledge as you can between now and when you put the new one in.
i never signed ****. was never asked to so shows what you know. and i said please give me a conservative tune. i want it to be really safe. maybe im to trusting but not stupid. i left it in his hands because he knows more than me about tuning. when someone says to me they want a job done a certian way thats how i do it. im a honest guy and expected the same.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

i never signed ****. was never asked to so shows what you know. and i said please give me a conservative tune. i want it to be really safe. maybe im to trusting but not stupid. i left it in his hands because he knows more than me about tuning. when someone says to me they want a job done a certian way thats how i do it. im a honest guy and expected the same.
So you went to a shop that tunes cars but doesn't require you to sign a waiver? What shop is this?

Quick Reply: Death to HioSSiver!!