Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Death to HioSSiver!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You pay the guy to tune the car and they have you SIGN a legal document stating anything that goes wrong with the car, they are not held responsible. Christ man are you that dumb to just let them go crazy and do whatever? No red flags went off with the lean readings? Did you even notice it? What about the IAT temps? Did you care to watch them? Why do you think the oil pump went south? Just magically pooped because it was powdered metal?

You know not really trying to be mean (even though you called me an idiot lol) but I gave you way more credit than I think I should have before. I thought you were a littler smarter than you seem to be. Good luck with the new build man, I know it sucks for you and truely sorry the new motor took a dump. Use this as a learning lesson and soak up as much knowledge as you can between now and when you put the new one in.
and dont act like your sorry to hear about it. you laughed in my face. and i wouldnt wish or laugh at my worst enemy if this happened to them. shows what kind of person you are. i have zero respect for you. almost feel bad for when karma shows up.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Teching In

So you went to a shop that tunes cars but doesn't require you to sign a waiver? What shop is this?
if your really interested you will find it in here somewhere. how ever im not one to point fingers. there are alot of variables here. he said it was 11.7 when i texted him yesterday. but looks like 12.0 on the sheet. now a.fter your mouth i have nothin else to say. other than i got you a shovel
Old 04-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Anyone who said they don't feel bad about what happened is a liar or doesn't have a human heart, but in reality you sorta got snappy with Kevin before he said anything that could be considered laughing in your face.

Try to be optimistic in the situation, though, the hardest part is over (wiring and all that fitment bullshit), so even if you need a new motor, you just have to drop it in.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sending a link to this thread to a few friends of mine that have more modular experience than me.

Posting pics of the tear down would be helpful.

So far this is questions/statements that have been brought up after one of them read the thread.

How many qts of oil was in the motor and how old was it?

10W-30 should be the thickest oil used, anything heavier than that could starve the oil pump.

When you order new parts for the build, add ARP head studs to the list of upgrades.

Last edited by Heater; 04-30-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 173 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Bullshit you are driving mine. When you destroy it I want an LS9 since thats all you can get from GM!!!!
I found a great deal on a 4.8 for you
Old 04-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Heater
I'm sending a link to this thread to a few friends of mine that have more modular experience than me.

Posting pics of the tear down would be helpful.

So far this is questions/statements that have been brought up after one of them read the thread.

How many qts of oil was in the motor and how old was it?

10W-30 should be the thickest oil used, anything heavier than that could starve the oil
When you order new parts for the build, add ARP head studs to the list of upgrades.
oil was new 2 weeks old. 350 miles. 6 or 6 and a half. cant remember. but i know it wasnt 7. it read full after warmed up shut off and rechecked. checked after blow up and was very very slightly less than full mark. like sheet of paper below full. and i will provide pics during tear down. top is unhooked. im hauling it to work tomorow to use the lift to drop out the botom. should be tore down in next few days
Old 04-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I actually run on the lower side of oil capacity. 6qts here
Old 04-30-2012, 08:57 PM
11 Second Club

6.5qts of ANY brand 5w30 synthetic here. 7100rpms shifts for 12yrs and still have good compression and NO smoke on start up. My motor is the Tracy Lord of racing.

After reading the last 2 pages I will say that in my humble opinion on a FI car 11.5-11.7 AF is ideal. But I don't think the oil ate the motor...most likely it was the tune.

Motors are mainly killed by either RPM or timing.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

No way Mark! It was the oil pump gears!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Teching In

No way Mark! It was the oil pump gears!!!
acording to your first post its the oil weight.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
HiO why don't you go have your friend powershift from 3rd to 2nd again or whatever he did the first time so you can run a 427 in your car and still call it stock.
The ls6 had some unfinished work to do in the form of ******* up a cobra powered notch back.....lol I have my stock **** working pretty well. I can hot lap the **** out of it, I change the oil when the light tells me to and I can 5th gear pull it all I want.

The 6 is about to under go a minor change or 2.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

I'm not ***uming what it is, I'm waiting for the tear down.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
acording to your first post its the oil weight.
Why because I said your oil is too thin IMO?
Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
The ls6 had some unfinished work to do in the form of ******* up a cobra powered notch back.....lol I have my stock **** working pretty well. I can hot lap the **** out of it, I change the oil when the light tells me to and I can 5th gear pull it all I want.

dont worry you may still get your chance. im working on somethin.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Heater
I'm not ***uming what it is, I'm waiting for the tear down.
me 2! i may have to order a puller for the balancer. im pretty sure its different than all other 4.6s
Old 04-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

Change your oil when the light tells you to? Wtf? I figured you'd take better care of your bone stock as is off the lot Camaro. BTW, another member summed it up best that your **** isn't stock...just like you've heard 8394290 times.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by snake95
Change your oil when the light tells you to? Wtf? I figured you'd take better care of your bone stock as is off the lot Camaro. BTW, another member summed it up best that your **** isn't stock...just like you've heard 8394290 times.
stock engine maybe not stock in a camaro. how ever im afraid it may have been faster than mine. and pretty sure its faster than most mustangs that are local
Old 04-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

stock engine maybe not stock in a camaro. how ever im afraid it may have been faster than mine. and pretty sure its faster than most mustangs that are local
Somebody asks him: What's in your Camaro?
His answer: Stock 346.

He knows just as well as everybody on here that he bullshits OUT OF HIS *** to downplay his weight reduced/faceplated tranny/LS6 vette motor in his Camaro. His car does what it does and is respectable but as I've said many times, I don't respect it/him near as much as I would if he wasn't so damn skeet about it. I know he doesn't give a ****, but when he toots his own horn (again) and says "My stock **** is doing pretty well" or something along those lines, it makes me feel like he has little man syndrome and is trying to convince himself that his 126 car is "stock" just for the sake of being able to claim it.

So when I buy a 96 GT vert and drop an 03 Cobra motor in it, I'll tell people I have a "stock 4.6" under the hood when one runs 14.8s-15.somethings and one runs 12s (with a decent driver).
Old 04-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Teching In

how do i edit my profile i cant remember. and i want a sig
Old 04-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Banned

this shows how smart you are. i said mod for mod and you want to compare a mach with a blower last time i checked cobras came stock with them. you wanna mod up to compete. with a stock car. stupidity is thinking your cool being full bolt on to out run a stock car. point proved now dont waste anymore of my time with your lame *** mach 1 junky cheap ****.
Mod for mod well this is close and this is not a full bolt-on mach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Ekq...ure=plpp_video

I wonder what happens if the cobra takes off that pulley lol

Quick Reply: Death to HioSSiver!!