Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

KingKiller's 76mm Cobra vs Beans GSXR 750

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going to Razee's today, you should stop by. Maybe we could grab some lunch after I get some oil?
Old 05-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
Dont hate on jared... hate on me. Didnt you read what he said? Only my few pals like me, everyone else is always calling me out. Havent your read any of the passed threads??? LMFAO
oh....right. well....STFU!!!!! ahahahahaha
Old 05-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Teching In

He won't. He's too busy posting on the forums. That's all he has let him have it. This really is getting awkward. First Mr. Bean wants to take me to dinner now you can't wait to see me. I feel like I'm caught up in some kind of Internet love triangle. I guess it's only fair to do this...Evan you can take me out to dinner too!! I dont want anyone else's feelings to get hurt here. I know there are a lot of sensitive people. Sorry for gettin your panties in a bunch. After all it's just a forum online. I'll leave you kids alone now. I had my fun
Old 05-03-2012, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 8ty8 LS1
oh....right. well....STFU!!!!! ahahahahaha
Much better!!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thought this was kinda funny... Here is a symptom of autism quoted from wikipedia

"less likely to make requests or share experiences, and are more likely to simply repeat others' words"
Old 05-03-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like someone wants to see what your Boss runs before they show anything they have... Good Pokerface... show me your hand before i show mine...
Old 05-03-2012, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

theres always something faster out there... besides that car is off the road again anyway
always?

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
An 80 roll? I thought only high hp FWD cars needed to do that...lol
most boost I could run in second gear was 21. any more than that and it would annihilate the tires once the turbo spooled. 21 would have made for a very good race with the bike, but I like to "crush my enemies"

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
His car thinks so, too, from the sounds of it.
haha yea the factory cobra stuff is mean, but those pistons can only take 700rwhp for so long. it survived three years of 21psi from the whipple. i knew they wouldn't last with 25+psi from the turbo, especially not back to back 3rd gear pulls.

Originally Posted by itsslow98
That boost level should be fine with meth as long as hes not runnign a **** ton of timing. 93+100% meth is pretty much equal to race gas anyways.

At that boost on a precision billet he should be around 850-900rwhp and about the same torque.
yea I estimate I was making around 800rwhp on 27lbs through the automatic...maybe a little more...I was hoping to find out on the dyno the following morning...guess that wasn't in the cards. working on sourcing a little bit stronger shortblock right now

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
80 roll.....really.......rolls are for dinner.
I wish LS1Tech had a Like button, I would Like this post

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
looks to me like if the cobra didnt missfire it would have been a car faster wich= you pancaked
thank god every morning for making that thing missfire lol.
hahaha yea wish I had adjusted the meth before the run. it was stumbling because the meth was pouring on way too soon

Originally Posted by Beans
Yeah it wouldn't have been good.

Jared8 + ZX14 = Yanked, walked, pulled, whatever the **** you want to call it by 137 trapping Cobra

I can't seem to figure out how to make my bike trap 15mph below what it's rated at, care to give me lessons?

I raced from an 80 roll on a 750. What was your start speed? 50? 60?...On a ZX14! You have no excuse!
well, to give Jared some credit, the Cobra was on 25psi through the whipple when we raced, AND I took off in second gear with the converter locked on the hit. In all reality it was probably a 145mph car on 25psi, and on the street it was a monster. The Whipple made such tremendous torque instantaneously. If I got someone off the hit it was pretty much over. Once that thing started building steam it took a lot for anything to catch it. Actually, nobody ever caught it. That things was a monster. The turbo setup will be an even bigger monster, i just have to harness the power lol
Old 05-03-2012, 11:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What trans are you running? If my T56 ever takes a **** its gonna be hard to put another back in there.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Teching In

We never even got a good clean run. There was way too much traffic. We were side by side. It would be close. Not like the ones running their mouths would have had any chance. People should get the facts straight.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Novi! I got a fever... and the only cure... is BOOST!!

Last edited by evangto87; 05-04-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
What trans are you running? If my T56 ever takes a **** its gonna be hard to put another back in there.
Built 4R70W

Originally Posted by Jared8
We never even got a good clean run. There was way too much traffic. We were side by side. It would be close. Not like the ones running their mouths would have had any chance. People should get the facts straight.
nah I'm sure the zx14 would have pulled away if I had given you the second race you wanted haha

I have to correct myself...I lost one race with the whipple cobra, against something called I believe a Raven R1, the year they put some crossfire crank blah blah don't know anything about it except it was fast. On 21lbs I was inching forward near the end of the race but couldn't get ahead. Would have liked to have tried on 25lbs though
Old 05-04-2012, 02:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KingKiller
Built 4R70W

nah I'm sure the zx14 would have pulled away if I had given you the second race you wanted haha

I have to correct myself...I lost one race with the whipple cobra, against something called I believe a Raven R1, the year they put some crossfire crank blah blah don't know anything about it except it was fast. On 21lbs I was inching forward near the end of the race but couldn't get ahead. Would have liked to have tried on 25lbs though
Raven is the color. It's black. The Crossplane crankshaft was added in 09. But you lost to a crossplane crankshaft R1? Hm. The older R1's in a straightline were faster. However, in the corners the newer R1 definitely has a lot better mid range and definitely shows on corner exits. Not to mention better weight distro because of how the engine was designed. All of the newer liter bikes are faster than the cross plane R1 in a straight line. Not by much but they are quicker. Although it's still up to rider skill to make any liter bike pull the R1. They are slower but not by much. Pretty sure they are trapping 139's in the 1/4. CBR's are in the 145 range, ZX-10's are in the 146-149 range, the S1000rr's are in the 149-153 range or so and the GSXR 1000's are somewhere in the 143-148 range. A lot of those vary.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Haha figures someone would know about it. Im not much of a numbers guy, all I can say is that is the only bike that has been ahead of me, and ive run gsxr1000s, hayabusas, and a zx14. My guess is the midrange power supplied by the cross plane technology is what helped him the most
Old 05-04-2012, 04:41 AM

What Whipple were you running and do you know what it was making for power? Sounds like it was a badass setup
Old 05-04-2012, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by KingKiller
Haha figures someone would know about it. Im not much of a numbers guy, all I can say is that is the only bike that has been ahead of me, and ive run gsxr1000s, hayabusas, and a zx14. My guess is the midrange power supplied by the cross plane technology is what helped him the most
Run Billy's ZX10R when you get it back together. He absolutely destroyed me on every run. His issue is keeping the front end down, but when he can do it that bike is a beast.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry but i have to say something here. You guys need to cut these roll races alot shorter then 140+ mph. Its ridiculous and someone is going to get hurt or killed one of these days. I know i drive like a douche bag but in reality its only going 20 mph doing a burnout lol. Take it to the ******* track!

On another note... Trap really doesnt matter on the roll... for example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVcpGnf-dUQ

345 HP 114-115 traps every time, yet eddys car BEFORE he did that 113 pass without all the mods absolutely demolished me every time, lol.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stumprrp
Sorry but i have to say something here. You guys need to cut these roll races alot shorter then 140+ mph. Its ridiculous and someone is going to get hurt or killed one of these days. I know i drive like a douche bag but in reality its only going 20 mph doing a burnout lol. Take it to the ******* track!

On another note... Trap really doesnt matter on the roll... for example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVcpGnf-dUQ

345 HP 114-115 traps every time, yet eddys car BEFORE he did that 113 pass without all the mods absolutely demolished me every time, lol.
when comparing an auto vs a stick... your absolutely correct. For example... justins 123mph trap to my 120mph trap... yet i came by him pretty hard up top. Yes he did have you in the car.. but even still. Sticks trap higher in same form. Also keep in mind... Eddys car trapped 113.7...every pass. Consistant? No... on the limiter in fourth gear... yes. That car had a solid 115 trap in it if it could rev

Last edited by evangto87; 05-04-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Trap definitely gives you a better idea how a car will do on a roll than the ET though. Because even if the driver is only so-so, they should still be able to get a good trap speed as long as they dont lift. Its much easier to tell the amount of power the car has using the trap speed.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
What Whipple were you running and do you know what it was making for power? Sounds like it was a badass setup
3.4L made around 650 wheel on 21psi. dynod once on 25 with the stick in the car and it made 783 at 5500

Originally Posted by Beans
Run Billy's ZX10R when you get it back together. He absolutely destroyed me on every run. His issue is keeping the front end down, but when he can do it that bike is a beast.
I wanted to that night while I still had race gas in the tank but he wasn't around. would have been fun

when comparing an auto vs a stick... your absolutely correct. For example... justins 123mph trap to my 120mph trap... yet i came by him pretty hard up top. Yes he did have you in the car.. but even still. Sticks trap higher in same form. Also keep in mind... Eddys car trapped 113.7...every pass. Consistant? No... on the limiter in fourth gear... yes. That car had a solid 115 trap in it if it could rev
that's it i'm selling everything and buying a c6z and whatever EJR does to his car I'll do to mine just to stay a few mph faster than him

Old 05-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Glad I'm not the only one who sees all this ****!!