Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.0 vs c5z

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 08:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice runs! I would have to say a stock 5.0 would beat a stock termi. Bolt on, IDK. I wouldn't consider a pulley a bolt on though...increasing the boost is not really a bolt on compared to a car thats N/A.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Bolt on, IDK. I wouldn't consider a pulley a bolt on though...increasing the boost is not really a bolt on compared to a car thats N/A.
Sounds like another reason why the Terminator is better
Old 05-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Good kill and car sounds great!! But TBH I have a really hard time believing you were able to put 2-3 cars on him. You wasnt really pulling him that hard and it was only a few second after he was out of view that yall shut down. Also he was taking a slight jump but yall also werent lines up evenly. It looked as tho the vette was in front a bit at the start of every race.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Good kill Zyborg!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Nice runs! I would have to say a stock 5.0 would beat a stock termi. Bolt on, IDK. I wouldn't consider a pulley a bolt on though...increasing the boost is not really a bolt on compared to a car thats N/A.
I agree with the pulley comment. Changing the atmosphere a engine runs in is a bit more than a bolt-on.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
Good kill and car sounds great!! But TBH I have a really hard time believing you were able to put 2-3 cars on him. You wasnt really pulling him that hard and it was only a few second after he was out of view that yall shut down. Also he was taking a slight jump but yall also werent lines up evenly. It looked as tho the vette was in front a bit at the start of every race.
Put the video on full screen and watch it again, look at my mirror...

The first run (40-135ish), if you pay attention you can see him really small in my mirror. That to me looked like 3 cars or so.

The second and third run (40-125ish), you can also see him in my mirror just not as much as in the first race, he took the hit and hence why my pull wasnt as strong as in the first run. Once I put it in 4th is when i would start to have a nice pull

The guy was a great street racer and knows the tricks of the trade, you have no idea how much of a huge impact it is when a car is rolling a little faster than you at the start and takes the hit even if he is behind a little bit it doesnt hurt him because he will be carrying built momentum with him. Its usually very hard to make that up, unless you have a clearly more powerfull car.

Another thing you might want to consider is that the car had 3.73s, he was having to shift to 5th when I was just starting to hit my sweet spot in the power band in 4th. Gears are great for low rolls but usually will hurt you a little if you have to go to 5th to finish a race.

It is what it is, thats what it looked like to me, again its all a matter of perspective and opinion.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
The first run (40-135ish), if you pay attention you can see him really small in my mirror. That to me looked like 3 cars or so.

The second and third run (40-125ish), you can also see him in my mirror just not as much as in the first race, he took the hit and hence why my pull wasnt as strong as in the first run. Once I put it in 4th is when i would start to have a nice pull

The guy was a great street racer and knows the tricks of the trade, you have no idea how much of a huge impact it is when a car is rolling a little faster than you at the start and takes the hit even if he is behind a little bit it doesnt hurt him because he will be carrying built momentum with him. Its usually very hard to make that up, unless you have a clearly more powerfull car.

Another thing you might want to consider is that the car had 3.73s, he was having to shift to 5th when I was just starting to hit my sweet spot in the power band in 4th. Gears are great for low rolls but usually will hurt you a little if you have to go to 5th to finish a race.

It is what it is, thats what it looked like to me, again its all a matter of perspective and opinion.
makes sense. No doubt you have the more powerful car.

Edit: Do you really put down more power? Im thinking the 5.0 might make more but its your weight advantage thats making you the faster car.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Good kill Zyborg!
Thanks brother,

also for the comment you quoted,

No, from my experience a bone stock 03/04 Cobra is atleast if not a tad bit faster than a bone stock 5.0 and dead even with a 3.73 factory geared bone stock 5.0
Old 05-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Teching In

makes sense. No doubt you have the more powerful car.

Edit: Do you really put down more power? Im thinking the 5.0 might make more but its your weight advantage thats making you the faster car.
Were you able to see what I was talking about once you see the vid full screen?

Im not sure if I make more power or not, maybe even or maybe even he puts out more. But I know I have the better power to weight, the race proved that. I definitely didnt out drive or out smarted him as I believe it was actually the other way around, it just wasnt enough to over come my car.

I should only be making around 400rwhp give or take a few...
Old 05-06-2012, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

nice kill man u rip gears well....id still pick a termi over a 5oh anyday
Old 05-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Were you able to see what I was talking about once you see the vid full screen?

Im not sure if I make more power or not, maybe even or maybe even he puts out more. But I know I have the better power to weight, the race proved that. I definitely didnt out drive or out smarted him as I believe it was actually the other way around, it just wasnt enough to over come my car.

I should only be making around 400rwhp give or take a few...
Yup i seen what you were talking about!! U need put some damn siveraldo mirrors on that thing!! lol Damn tiny vettes!!

Thats the power i fingured you would be putting down. If hes full bolt on he should be putting down a good bit more. Power to weight ratio is everything tho imo. Gotta love vettes!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

also for the comment you quoted,

No, from my experience a bone stock 03/04 Cobra is atleast if not a tad bit faster than a bone stock 5.0 and dead even with a 3.73 factory geared bone stock 5.0
Hmmm...the 5.0's from what I've seen seem to pull pretty damn hard stock. But honestly, I don't remember the last time I've even seen a stock cobra around here for a comparison. I'd love to see a matchup between them stock for stock with good drivers. Would make for an interesting race.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nevrlift13
nice kill man u rip gears well....id still pick a termi over a 5oh anyday
Thank you much, the 5.0 guy was actually one hell of a driver, I would say just as good if not a little tiny bit better.

I actually really like 5.0s and would more likely than not pick one over a cobra even though I like the cobra much more when its done right and taken care of. The reason I would pick the 5.0 is because its new and it hasnt been abused like a lot of the cobras out there and unfortunately you never know what you are getting when you are getting it used.

Yup i seen what you were talking about!! U need put some damn siveraldo mirrors on that thing!! lol Damn tiny vettes!!

Thats the power i fingured you would be putting down. If hes full bolt on he should be putting down a good bit more. Power to weight ratio is everything tho imo. Gotta love vettes!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
does he think Ford reads forums? lol seems kind of far fetched would think they have better things to do than to match up usernames with ppl
actually, rumors are that ford does indeed watch for stuff like this on the intardnet.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Hmmm...the 5.0's from what I've seen seem to pull pretty damn hard stock. But honestly, I don't remember the last time I've even seen a stock cobra around here for a comparison. I'd love to see a matchup between them stock for stock with good drivers. Would make for an interesting race.
IIRC there is a video of two stock ones going at it.... Dont quote me on that...
Old 05-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Launching!

There's still stock terminators? >.> It's all in the driver...
Old 05-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Launching!

If the op has some track times it would squash his whole argument , a bolt on z06 and a tuned bolt on c5 z06 would be a tight race . I dont care what anyone has to say about it.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im very drubk
Old 05-07-2012, 12:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good runs!

Wonder how a bone stock C5Z would do against a bolt-on 5.0?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Staging Lane

ZYBORG, as always you're video's and races are among the best here...love the way your 'vette sounds and runs...you sure drops those gears well...lolol...also like your avatar, looks like KANE from WWE...lolol...great kill...

PACKY.. love that trans am, awesome looking intercooler out front...like no one can see that...lolol...and you know that t/a runs well when your DD is a beast as well...

Quick Reply: 5.0 vs c5z