Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach 1 vs LS3 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
My point is he isn't getting it done on a stock engine like I am. Wow a SC on 10lbs boost, stock headers, stock suspension, stock tranny. And I still weigh more right now. Compared to a engine swapped 429 cu in. Lots weight reduction car. Out ET/trapped him. So shows at the track and on the street he will lose. Now he has put a plate kit on so who knows.
You think your hot **** with that 10.6 pass dont you? You talk quite a bit of **** with stock this, stock that, blah blah blah...
Old 05-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nick V.
where are all the VA racers at dammit
Im here in va beach..lol
Old 05-18-2012, 10:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
I'm in St Louis this weekend.
we should get together for some pulls. i just put headers on the car. 99 car - lid, headers, 80 series weld in. still stock everything else. i'd like to see if i could hang with a cammed mach. but please let's go faster than 50...in all honesty i'm still spinning at that point. gotta love those all seasons.

plus i want to see if my buddy's tuning is worth a **** or not. we can do a before and after haha.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by s346k
we should get together for some pulls. i just put headers on the car. 99 car - lid, headers, 80 series weld in. still stock everything else. i'd like to see if i could hang with a cammed mach. but please let's go faster than 50...in all honesty i'm still spinning at that point. gotta love those all seasons.

plus i want to see if my buddy's tuning is worth a **** or not. we can do a before and after haha.
Lol we can go faster than 50. The time and place just wasn't right for a high speed run.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:19 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Slapattack
You think your hot **** with that 10.6 pass dont you? You talk quite a bit of **** with stock this, stock that, blah blah blah...
Judging by your signature, you talk quite a bit of **** as well.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FlatBlackZ28
That's what I'm saying. You brought up the fact that he needed to go with big cubes to get where he got. GM guys don't bring that stuff up when they lose. They bring that stuff up when someone tries to make the "you use more cubes" or "I made more power on less cubes" argument. Chevy small blocks use a simple method to make power. Minimal valves, 1 cam and some decent cubes. HP/L, which is usually the basis of the ford cubic inch argument, means nothing and gets you nowhere, especially when FI comes into play. (Unless you are in a CI restricted racing class).
Uh, They don't?....since when??
Originally Posted by Heater
So how much horsepower does each additional cam make?
1,ooo,ooo!!!!

per Lobe!!

Originally Posted by FlatBlackZ28
Just look at the stock power difference and the power potential of a 4v and an old pushrod 5.0.
You're not that knowledged on modular's are you?

That is due to cylinder head flow.
Still waiting for someone to tell me how much hp each additional cam makes.
No it's not.....heads flow GREAT..that's why they are never ever, ever ported on a modular.....ever...never.

Uh....OKie Dokie mr. 1-month n00b. Did your mommy help you write that signature?.....since it's her car.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol we can go faster than 50. The time and place just wasn't right for a high speed run.
on what side of town is your commute? i basically only drive my car back & forth to work, as well. i work weird hours and take back roads, i don't see many cars. usually going in to work i don't see any cars, period. going home...it's a crapshoot, i don't have a consistent schedule.

let's work something out. i need motivation to mod this car. i took me 7 years to put headers on it.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by s346k
on what side of town is your commute? i basically only drive my car back & forth to work, as well. i work weird hours and take back roads, i don't see many cars. usually going in to work i don't see any cars, period. going home...it's a crapshoot, i don't have a consistent schedule.

let's work something out. i need motivation to mod this car. i took me 7 years to put headers on it.
Between Danville and Greenwood. I can meet other times I just normally don't drive unless I need to go somewhere.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponygt65

No it's not.....heads flow GREAT..that's why they are never ever, ever ported on a modular.....ever...never.
the heads do flow great but to say people don't port them is dumb. The majority of NA guys don't port them is because they never go beyond boltons and you really don't need to with FI unless you're trying to gain every ounce of power.

There are good gains to be made with ported heads but if you have to pick between the heads and the intake the intake definitely needs work.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Banned

what lol
Old 05-19-2012, 03:12 PM
***Repost Police***

the heads do flow great but to say people don't port them is dumb. The majority of NA guys don't port them is because they never go beyond boltons and you really don't need to with FI unless you're trying to gain every ounce of power.

There are good gains to be made with ported heads but if you have to pick between the heads and the intake the intake definitely needs work.
Sarcasm...
Old 05-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Sarcasm...
Lol I'm in study mode and read that thinking what the hell. Obviously my mind is elsewhere.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

Ummm, I was saying that the cylinder head flow is better on the modulars than the pushrod engines, stock for stock...so yeah I was right
Old 05-19-2012, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

This
Old 05-19-2012, 06:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not about to read thru every post in this thread. I just want to say nice kill. Being an ex owner of 3 different Machs, I know full well what they can and cannot do. I've done plenty of 12.9 passes at 110 mph with nothing more than 4.10 gears and an ORX. I have also ran a couple new stock Maros with no problems pulling them. It comes down to a lot more than what they print in magazines, but not everyone gets that.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by automach1
what lol
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Sarcasm...
Lol I'm in study mode and read that thinking what the hell. Obviously my mind is elsewhere.
Ummm, I was saying that the cylinder head flow is better on the modulars than the pushrod engines, stock for stock...so yeah I was right
This
Seriously guys?

C'mon!!!

Old 05-19-2012, 11:47 PM
12 Second Club

Between Danville and Greenwood.
Are you still in Indy?
Old 05-19-2012, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
I'm not about to read thru every post in this thread. I just want to say nice kill. Being an ex owner of 3 different Machs, I know full well what they can and cannot do. I've done plenty of 12.9 passes at 110 mph with nothing more than 4.10 gears and an ORX. I have also ran a couple new stock Maros with no problems pulling them. It comes down to a lot more than what they print in magazines, but not everyone gets that.
Sure you did buddy, sure you did...
Old 05-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Teching In

:

Uh....OKie Dokie mr. 1-month n00b. Did your mommy help you write that signature?.....since it's her car.

Nice one, wouldnt expect anymore out of a mustang owner.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

Nice one, wouldnt expect anymore out of a mustang owner.

Anything more than 13's ???

Quick Reply: Mach 1 vs LS3 Camaro