Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

h/c only c6 vs whippled&bolt on 03 cobra (Packy)dig,roll35,45, page4 45,55,60daylight

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 11:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

2/32nds lol
Old 06-03-2012, 11:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coupe Dave
I'm surprised he beat you at all seeing as you have a big whipple to his H/C stock LS2. Good runs tho.
I don't find it too hard to believe I have roughly a 100 more hp than him and that is pretty standard with what is needed for a Cobra to beat a Vette. My car has a Gen I Whipple 2.3, Bassani exhaust, stock motor& gears, stock suspension, and CCW's. Like I admitted I spun badly due to the blacktop road. His car is a a little more than he leading everyone to believe. It is in his build thread on here: H/C/I raised compression, full exahust, 3.90 gears, built tranny, and other bolt-ons. Below is copied from his build thread.

engine- ls3 heads milled,.04 head gasket, valve springs, cam,push rods, ported l76 intake, ported Tb, obx 1 7/8 headers w high flow resonators, borla quad 4in axle back, powerbond 25% und pulley, 42lb injectors,160 stat, high flow oil pump, arp studs

Drive train- hurst short shifter, ticks master cylinder, monster stage 3 race clutch, arp clutch and flywheel bolts, rpm lvl 5 transmission, BER stage 1 3.90 diff, Hinson diff mounts

suspension- bilstein HD shocks

Rim and tire- 18x9.5 c6 replicas with nitto 555r drag radials
Old 06-03-2012, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

hmm..looks like we need some day time video's. And IMSTOCK2 needs some new tires.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Packy
I don't find it too hard to believe I have roughly a 100 more hp than him and that is pretty standard with what is needed for a Cobra to beat a Vette. My car has a Gen I Whipple 2.3, Bassani exhaust, stock motor& gears, stock suspension, and CCW's. Like I admitted I spun badly due to the blacktop road. His car is a a little more than he leading everyone to believe. It is in his build thread on here: H/C/I raised compression, full exahust, 3.90 gears, built tranny, and other bolt-ons. Below is copied from his build thread.

engine- ls3 heads milled,.04 head gasket, valve springs, cam,push rods, ported l76 intake, ported Tb, obx 1 7/8 headers w high flow resonators, borla quad 4in axle back, powerbond 25% und pulley, 42lb injectors,160 stat, high flow oil pump, arp studs

Drive train- hurst short shifter, ticks master cylinder, monster stage 3 race clutch, arp clutch and flywheel bolts, rpm lvl 5 transmission, BER stage 1 3.90 diff, Hinson diff mounts

that is true but he only made like 470whp thats not even high for H/C, 07silverado made almost that cam only on his c6 ls2
Old 06-03-2012, 11:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

\

That is badass man that you moved your shifter 10 times before you got it into 4th. Even though I had a solid car on you each time we got that far and due to the road we were forced to shutdown. What is also good is that even though I spun from the dig I still stayed right with you while spinning. See the two videos here. They were the only clean videos that my buddy made. One is the dig and the other one of the 35-40mph rolls. With your speedo being off from your 3.90 gears the roll speeds were a bit slower than the 35 and 45 mph rolls you had said they were. Bottom line during the 4 rolls we did you won the one race where I missed 3rd I finished ahead of you. You got me by a car on the dig. That makes your initial count of 4 wins for you to 2 wins for me actually 2 wins for you and 3 wins for me... This is the second time you have posted up improper information after races you did. I will be at the track this Friday and we can do this again or go for a daytime vid on 17 today sometime frum your roll so we can stretch 4th gear out more than were able to last night.

http://youtu.be/IjYlusgr_mU
Well I will have in-car video from my passenger soon and that'll explain everything. You know the dig and the 2nd 35 roll I let off early and then you passed. If I get the shifter fixed in time we can do some rolls but why didn't you wanna go down 17 last night and now you want to do it in daylight when there's more of a chance getting caught by the mexicono polico? Well this time I won't have a passenger unless you do. I recommend you bring a passenger so we can get filming from both cars.. Just curious do you still think this is a 12sec 120mph trapping car? I wasn't power shifting against you and I also had a passenger the entire time.. He only weighs about 150. I'm not saying your car is slow.. It would be nice to run you without a passenger and power shifting from a roll so we both can hook well and you can show me how much power your making. I'm not going to power shift on a 2 lane road though. I had way to many close calls. Your car is really fast and I give you prop's on a nice cobra.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Imstock2
Well I will have in-car video from my passenger soon and that'll explain everything. You know the dig and the 2nd 35 roll I let off early and then you passed. If I get the shifter fixed in time we can do some rolls but why didn't you wanna go down 17 last night and now you want to do it in daylight when there's more of a chance getting caught by the mexicono polico? Well this time I won't have a passenger unless you do. I recommend you bring a passenger so we can get filming from both cars.. Just curious do you still think this is a 12sec 120mph trapping car? I wasn't power shifting against you and I also had a passenger the entire time.. He only weighs about 150. I'm not saying your car is slow.. It would be nice to run you without a passenger and power shifting from a roll so we both can hook well and you can show me how much power your making. I'm not going to power shift on a 2 lane road though. I had way to many close calls. Your car is really fast and I give you prop's on a nice cobra.
Until you run faster than 12 sec at the track and trap higher than 120 yes it still that. Can it go faster? I'm sure it can but like I said before you have to do it before yo can claim it. As long a we get away from the Ville it is not too bad but when you use the bypass and places in that area it is saturated with the fuzz and you have a your detector so as long we scope out an area it should be fine.

Oh now on your roll you are claiming to have let off not mis-shifted fourth... Here we go with that mis-information again. Either way I drug you on the majority of the rolls. As far as not having a passenger well that was my choice because it was my son out there. I don't care if you have no passenger doesn't matter to me.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 432 Likes on 339 Posts

Look like close runs to me. On the one vid you can clearly hear the vette looking for 4th. If I were you IMstock I would have my **** in a pile before I run anyone.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:36 AM
10 Second Club

Until you run faster than 12 sec at the track and trap higher than 120 yes it still that. Can it go faster? I'm sure it can but like I said before you have to do it before yo can claim it. As long a we get away from the Ville it is not too bad but when you use the bypass and places in that area it is saturated with the fuzz and you have a your detector so as long we scope out an area it should be fine.

Oh now on your roll you are claiming to have let off not mis-shifted fourth... Here we go with that mis-information again. Either way I drug you on the majority of the rolls.
Your talking **** about a 12sec 120 car that just outran you from a dig......do you realize that...lol
Old 06-03-2012, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Look like close runs to me. On the one vid you can clearly hear the vette looking for 4th. If I were you IMstock I would have my **** in a pile before I run anyone.
Oh he looked for it but I still had him and let off due to the road being dangerously short. Even during the rolls I was fighting for traction on the initial hit and and upshift to 3rd gear. Like he and I have pointed out the road although secluded was slippery.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
that is true but he only made like 470whp thats not even high for H/C, 07silverado made almost that cam only on his c6 ls2
Yea I was a little shocked about the number's... But I talked to a lot of people.. dyno's are really just a tuning tool. Number vary from day to day. I did only make 470 but as you seen in my build thread I had the stock z06 and my street tire's... My new clutch is 22lbs lighter and my together both drag wheel's are 16lbs lighter then the street set up.. I'm sure that freed up a few horse's for ya dyno queens out there. I'll get it re dyno once I get back in ohio.. No reason to do it down here with the car not running at it's full potential
Old 06-03-2012, 11:48 AM
10 Second Club

Your talking **** about a 12sec 120 car that just outran you from a dig......do you realize that...lol
We will do it at the track and see what happens this friday. I admitted he beat me during it. Heck watch the video from the rear and look at my marks down the road. You saying that you have never lost traction due to a slippery road??? I admitted it as win for him due to my lack of traction. He thought he was going to walk me from a roll with the power to wieght he has and it did not happen even with me fighting for traction. So it go both ways dude. Either way he lost a majority of the races last night and he on here trying to say he won the majority of them which is ironic because the last kill post he made on here was full of mis-information too.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:51 AM
TECH Regular

would of been better had you done a baseline on that same dyno, but wasnt it the same dyno as lilmiller? you made almost 30whp more right not bad for upped CR and Ported intake
Old 06-03-2012, 12:01 PM
10 Second Club

We will do it at the track and see what happens this friday. I admitted he beat me during it. Heck watch the video from the rear and look at my marks down the road. You saying that you have never lost traction due to a slippery road??? I admitted it as win for him due to my lack of traction. He thought he was going to walk me from a roll with the power to wieght he has and it did not happen even with me fighting for traction. So it go both ways dude. Either way he lost a majority of the races last night and he on here trying to say he won the majority of them which is ironic because the last kill post he made on here was full of mis-information too.
Either way it was close. If either of you make fun of the other then your not giving yourself much credit. The race was the race, traction or not you were both on the same surface. This is why I like dig street races. It puts some driver in it too.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea well prediction at track... I might brake in the 11's if lucky with these tires.. Our race's last night I did expect to lose hard when I seen him rolled up wearing a nice footprint. I'll admit without doubt he'll take me on the track by bus's. I have no track tires and it's going to be a run what you brung kinda thing. If I had tire's it might be a really decent race between us
Old 06-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm...production heads, production intake manifold, stock LS2 bottom-end. Not like he's running a 402ci with TFS heads and FAST intake or anything like that. Nothing bizarre really.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:24 PM
10 Second Club

Either way it was close. If either of you make fun of the other then your not giving yourself much credit. The race was the race, traction or not you were both on the same surface. This is why I like dig street races. It puts some driver in it too.
Yeah which is why I give him credit from the dig run. With the road conditions I fucked up and could not get my car to hook ,therefore, he won. However it goes both ways. I still pulled him on a majority of the rolls which is his sweet spot so maybe our cars were not we thought they were in regards to those aspects. We will have fun at the track this week and maybe another roll sometime with a better road and more run-out distance. Only time will tell.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here is 2 videos he got up so far..first 45 roll in car video. You missed 3rd. http://youtu.be/hpMgxvk7LeQ

The 2nd 35 roll.... The one I told you I let off at the end because I thought we was coming up on it fast.. You'll hear me let off and then you'll here you blowing by me

http://youtu.be/9kZYvSFxYLs
Old 06-03-2012, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Imstock2
The Jacksonville track is one of the worse prep tracks I been to.. I pulled a 1.8 before with these tires when the car was near stock and tires had around 50% thread... Now I have no inner thread.. I have maybe 1.5-2/32 threading on the sides of the tire..

If you get to the track and get your runs in after they have sprayed it and before the newbies drag water onto it, it's a good hooking track...I have a 1.33 60ft timeslip to prove it.
If you bullshit around and wait until 9:00 to make a pass, after all the Civics, monster trucks and 2V Mustangs have drug water and dirt onto the track , then yeah the track is terrible.

Do you not have any friends in J-Ville that would loan you a set of tires for the track?

Packy, if you run on the street, make sure that you don't have a passenger. Your car is giving up enough as it is with it's weight.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:03 PM
10 Second Club

Those vids make it look pretty bad for the stang. On top of that the vette had a passanger.

HHmmmm.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong. Packy on a tire and the vette no tire?
Old 06-03-2012, 01:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Heater
If you get to the track and get your runs in after they have sprayed it and before the newbies drag water onto it, it's a good hooking track...I have a 1.33 60ft timeslip to prove it.
If you bullshit around and wait until 9:00 to make a pass, after all the Civics, monster trucks and 2V Mustangs have drug water and dirt onto the track , then yeah the track is terrible.

Do you not have any friends in J-Ville that would loan you a set of tires for the track?

Packy, if you run on the street, make sure that you don't have a passenger. Your car is giving up enough as it is with it's weight.
Idk if you read any of the past few post's... a bald nitto is bad jew jew on a track.. even a well prepped.. Packy did not have a passenger the entire time.. Not that it would made a difference. He spun... or miss shift or I miss shift..