Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Pullied Cobra vs LS3

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sw07gt
We've got 7,8,9 second street cars ranging from street driven Raceish cars to full weight, full option, stock looking cars. We don't have a car scene anything like Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Kansas City, Indy, etc. So I don't know if you all just hang out with slow people or what but around here high 10s wil get you rolled up by a pretty large number of cars.
Yes, every Friday night here in Dallas there are a slew of Dallas performance Lambo's, Modded GTR's, Maclearns, Ferrari's, etc, etc that meet up and sometimes run. Common theme though is they're big money cars, with big money dudes. Yes, they are 8 and 9 second street cars, but that doesn't mean they're common. They're rare, even here. It's even more rare to see them run.

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
To each there own really. With good tire my car is low 11s capable. I don't consider mine a really fast street car, but to over 90% off people I give rides to consider it fast as hell. I know there are many people that would not consider it fast. Its all what people are use to and what car scene they're in.
^^^ that's my point. The majority of people who take a ride with you, will think your car is a race car.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:14 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
7 second street car LMAO.....

10s is fast for street car. Period.
That's the dudes new car, his old car was a full interior fox that still had the tape deck and everything. Went 8.0x and has been all over the internet. Won LS fest true street the last two years. He drove that thing all over the place.

I'm not talking about what the average person thinks is fast, we're in the street racing section on a car forum. When it comes to cars were not the average person. Hell my mom thinks 13 second cars are fast but I bet none of us do.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 427zm
^^^ that's my point. The majority of people who take a ride with you, will think your car is a race car.
Indeed, it usually scares the **** out of people. I really don't know how common it is for other folks in other parts of the country to run into even a 10 sec. street car, but for me to coincidentally run into a 10 sec street car is very uncommon. Willizm, who lives much closer to Chicago then I, rarely sees 10 sec. or faster street cars. Correct me if I'm wrong Will.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

That's the dudes new car, his old car was a full interior fox that still had the tape deck and everything. Went 8.0x and has been all over the internet. Won LS fest true street the last two years. He drove that thing all over the place.

I'm not talking about what the average person thinks is fast, we're in the street racing section on a car forum. When it comes to cars were not the average person. Hell my mom thinks 13 second cars are fast but I bet none of us do.

So he can drive that car from Florida to NC on the highway on pump gas? Come now the small chance he could -I am sure it would be a torture ride. They are some freaks here and there but a 10 second street car is fast in anyone's book even on here. Been street racing since the early 90s in the NE which is comparable to Texas I assure you and anyone would say that. Your statements on what people think are fast is way out in left field even with the wide opinions on what a street car is.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Indeed, it usually scares the **** out of people. I really don't know how common it is for other folks in other parts of the country to run into even a 10 sec. street car, but for me to coincidentally run into a 10 sec street car is very uncommon. Willizm, who lives much closer to Chicago then I, rarely sees 10 sec. or faster street cars. Correct me if I'm wrong Will.
the further north you go, the less fast cars there are.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
So he can drive that car from Florida to NC on the highway on pump gas? Come now the small chance he could -I am sure it would be a torture ride. They are some freaks here and there but a 10 second street car is fast in anyone's book even on here. Been street racing since the early 90s in the NE which is comparable to Texas I assure you and anyone would say that. Your statements on what people think are fast is way out in left field even with the wide opinions on what a street car is.
Could he? Sure, it's just a turbo LSx car. Nothing crazy, e85. Foxbody with a 10 point and some kirkeys. I guess it's just me but I don't see anything impressive about a mid-high 10 second car. There's nothing special about a cam, bolt on, nitrous c5 or fbody, cammed c6s etc. The list goes on and on, it's not a hard number to hit.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could he? Sure, it's just a turbo LSx car. Nothing crazy, e85. Foxbody with a 10 point and some kirkeys. I guess it's just me but I don't see anything impressive about a mid-high 10 second car. There's nothing special about a cam, bolt on, nitrous c5 or fbody, cammed c6s etc. The list goes on and on, it's not a hard number to hit.
Mid ten second mustangs and C5s will tear up drivetrain if actually run. By saying it's not a hard number to HIT is one thing. It is, however, a hard number to consistently run and maintain.

There are tons of twisted up 8.8s, junked 10 bolts, T5s, T45s, T56s, 4L60s from cars that have never run a nine.

Some get lucky. But not everybody.

Quick Reply: Pullied Cobra vs LS3