Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

who's killed the gt 500 what did it take

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I raced a 2011 GT500, wasn't even close. I have bolt-ons and a cam.

All they do is spin, it's not hard to beat one. If they have a good driver with some tires, then maybe you need to watch out. Don't they run low to mid 12s stock, not hard to beat that, especially on the street.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know OP, if I can get one to man up and run me I'd tell you. I tried to get a douche to run me and he said I wasn't worth his time. I told him thats a stretch as I was doing him a favor to even consider his car worthy of a run. Bolt on pullied gt500's bring out the douche bags in people.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If y'all lived closer, I could try and line you up with a GT500
Old 07-02-2012, 09:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by MackTruck49
eat my ****...and i was just stating that I've invested only 25% of the money he has invested so thats a plus for me because ill have alot faster for alot cheaper when the time comes...
As some one said already he still will have the better car. Worth more and his engine will always handle more then what you have now less you do a swap with a built engine. GT500 engines have been know to handle 1000whp stock form. Also so the guy that spent 8k on his built civic that is faster then you must have the better car right...
Old 07-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
As some one said already he still will have the better car. Worth more and his engine will always handle more then what you have now less you do a swap with a built engine. GT500 engines have been know to handle 1000whp stock form. Also so the guy that spent 8k on his built civic that is faster then you must have the better car right...
i wasnt saying it like the way you are taking it, I was basically saying it as in i wont have to spend as much money to go as fast as him, and thats a good thing for me...
Old 07-03-2012, 07:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If it's faster, then yeah... It's better.

Get off Ford's nuts.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:43 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
If y'all lived closer, I could try and line you up with a GT500
I'd take that offer, but NC is kinda a hike for me
Old 07-03-2012, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

The better car? I'd hope his engine can handle more power. You're comparing a 55k-60k dollar car to a 28-32k dollar car. Let's not forget with 10 years ahead in technology.

With only a few grand in mods I walked a GT500, pretty pathetic if you ask me. Not to mention I have 115k miles on it.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

GT500's are slow on average at the track. Gusy show up with stock tires think cause the car makes 500-550hp depending on year till new 662h ones. They just blow tires off the tires off them. Short/slow shift them cause they can't drive. See it a lot with them.
This is SOOO True, when i worked at my local track i seen many, many cars come out and get beat by Hondas, rangers, or most anything, they think because they have a big HP car they will destroy everything, when they come in on street tites as Ohio stated, then launch at 7k and spin them selves into the gaurd rail and or a horrible loss. LOLOL
Old 07-03-2012, 02:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
The better car? I'd hope his engine can handle more power. You're comparing a 55k-60k dollar car to a 28-32k dollar car. Let's not forget with 10 years ahead in technology.

With only a few grand in mods I walked a GT500, pretty pathetic if you ask me. Not to mention I have 115k miles on it.
Comparing a modded car to.a stock car is stupid. Cause for a few grand he can make 800whp. And be able to run in the 9's really easy. At end day he has the nicer car inside and out.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:52 PM

i have a 12' gt500 and its quick on the street but theres always that neighborhood kid that pours his paycheck into his car and will rape you one night. its not hard to kill a gt500 if you have a decent amount of money to start out with. its more paying for a name and a car that not every highschooler has. no offense to the f body but it seems like every 15 year old and up in my area has one, its almost a requirement that once in your life own a f body. same with the mustang, but how many gt500's do you see rolling around every day compared to f bodys's and mustang gt's? and thats what your paying for. if you buy one only because you wanted a 500+hp car then your an idiot. a fox or z28 can hit 500+rwhp for FAR less money. just my 2 cents.

Last edited by 5.0tech; 07-03-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Comparing a modded car to.a stock car is stupid. Cause for a few grand he can make 800whp. And be able to run in the 9's really easy. At end day he has the nicer car inside and out.
Tank boy is right though 9s is that easy in them. You never know with a GT500. First thing to look for is the tires. Street radials might mean an easy win if from a dig.

Originally Posted by 5.0tech
i have a 12' gt500 and its quick on the street but theres always that neighborhood kid that pours his paycheck into his car and will rape you one night. its not hard to kill a gt500 if you have a decent amount of money to start out with. its more paying for a name and a car that not every highschooler has. no offense to the f body but it seems like every 15 year old and up in my area has one, its almost a requirement that once in your life own a f body. same with the mustang, but how many gt500's do you see rolling around every day compared to f bodys's and mustang gt's? and thats what your paying for. if you buy one only because you wanted a 500+hp car then your an idiot. a fox or z28 can hit 500+rwhp for FAR less money. just my 2 cents.
Great post!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

10 year old cars are better than new cars.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

yup more fun and faster too!
Old 07-04-2012, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Paying 55k for a name? lol...

I feel sorry for people sometimes, but at least you all are humoring me.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

A faster car
Old 07-06-2012, 02:54 AM
On The Tree

dont judge me this is merica and till i am the proclaimed king off the streets i shall never sleep

but on a more serious note just b/c u spend more money on the car doesnt make it the better car...what makes it the better car is the car you saw when you were a little kid dreamed off having one worked day in and day out for and you finally get it and you spend countless nights working on it in the cold and hot days too make it how you want it in the end you wont have a pro outlaw car but a car that is perfection in your eyes no one else's that my friend is what makes a car a better car..to you no one else
Old 07-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Staging Lane

agreed sir.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:02 AM
***Repost Police***

Disagree.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Agreed for sure. Great post!

I'd love another F-body but I'm not sure if I could bring myself to do it because there are just so damn many of them around
Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
Paying 55k for a name? lol...

I feel sorry for people sometimes, but at least you all are humoring me.
Upper level Cadillacs, BMW, Mercedes, etc. etc. A lot of it is paying for a name which generally appeals to class
Originally Posted by Brandon331
dont judge me this is merica and till i am the proclaimed king off the streets i shall never sleep

but on a more serious note just b/c u spend more money on the car doesnt make it the better car...what makes it the better car is the car you saw when you were a little kid dreamed off having one worked day in and day out for and you finally get it and you spend countless nights working on it in the cold and hot days too make it how you want it in the end you wont have a pro outlaw car but a car that is perfection in your eyes no one else's that my friend is what makes a car a better car..to you no one else
I see where you are coming from, but in no way is the Camaro of your dreams superior to lets say a BMW M3 or Lamborghini. Maybe in the mind of the gear head who took his car apart piece by piece and has a lot of sweat, blood, and tears into it - but reality eventually overcomes personal feelings

Edit: Missed the "to you" part. Good post