Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ported/Pullied Cobra destroys my WS6

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
kind of funny people would lie about HP on just a friendly run
Yeah, that's ******* dumb. What difference does it make if it's a friendly run? Any time anyone has asked about my car I've told them and showed a graph. If someone's faster, cool. You have a faster car. There will always be someone faster out there too. I've told everyone I don't race for money so idc if they know.

Honestly OP, if that was a whipple'd cobra, you did very well. I would have expected a lot worse of a defeat.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
When people say "nice deaths" am I suppose to say thank you? lol, But yeah 650 rwhp is a few notches up on the totem pole.

I sure as hell went down swinging, but went down hard.
If you killed him then I would say "Nice kill"! Instead you did the honorable thing and posted a kill on yourself which is better than some. Then you found out how you were definitely outmatched.

Last edited by Packy; 07-08-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Apparently people have forgotten the basis of 'street racing' and 'run what ya brung'

When u walk up to someone eating a burger and ask wana run, what would u do? Lol everyone needs to chill the **** out...

OP I'm a force fed car as well. You should come out with us some time...

Yes the cobra is right at 640rw. He also has a magazine fox with ~900rw. He's got some toys..
Old 07-08-2012, 10:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FRiCK
Apparently people have forgotten the basis of 'street racing' and 'run what ya brung'

When u walk up to someone eating a burger and ask wana run, what would u do? Lol everyone needs to chill the **** out...

Yes the cobra is right at 640rw. He also has a magazine fox with ~900rw. He's got some toys..
Agreed, at the end of the day its just for fun and hanging out with other enthusiasts talking cars.

Yeah Billy over at ForceFed tuned my car, ive been going to Forcefed for the past 11 years with my LT1s and LS1s.

Im down to roll out with you guys every once in a while.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

well i wouldnt downplay my car 152whp lol, thats playing somebody. But w/e not like it was for money
Old 07-08-2012, 11:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Camaro_94
Yeah, that's ******* dumb. What difference does it make if it's a friendly run? Any time anyone has asked about my car I've told them and showed a graph. If someone's faster, cool. You have a faster car. There will always be someone faster out there too. I've told everyone I don't race for money so idc if they know.

Honestly OP, if that was a whipple'd cobra, you did very well. I would have expected a lot worse of a defeat.
Thanks man, when i watched the replay on the second run I thought I hung pretty good for how outgunned I was. Not sure if most people read that the first run was a throw away run, as I was in the wrong gear.

Either way I got my *** handed to me, but still had fun and it just motivates me to improve the performance even more. Money pit FTMFW!!! lol

Originally Posted by Packy
If you killed him then I would say "Nice kill"! Instead you did the honorable thing and posted a kill on yourself which is better than some. Then you found out how you were definitely outmatched.
That's a good way to look at it.

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
well i wouldnt downplay my car 152whp lol, thats playing somebody. But w/e not like it was for money
lol, yeah I hear yah...152 rwhp is a lot to downplay. Most of the guys on the scene though are typically modest and coy about what they have... just maybe not by 152 rwhp ahhaha. Like I said though, it's all in fun.
One of those "I don't give a ****" moments where I'll run John Force for fun.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Lee927
Nice shifting!
Thanks man, still a work in progress. Now it's time for a shift light to get even more out of it.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:00 AM
10 Second Club

damn bro,time for some good heads ,bigger cam,cut out..lol
Old 07-09-2012, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya good shifting for sure. He was in 3rd both runs from what he wa telling me. He was just having fun with you, he's really not a dick lol PM me your # I'll let you know next time we go out...

Here's his fox if anyone's interested.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ry-2012-a.html
Old 07-09-2012, 12:37 AM
Teching In

This! Matt is one of the people who doesn't hide his mods at all. He openly tells everyone what his makes/runs. He's a stand up guy and when he told me about this run this morning over the phone we were just cracking up. Also almost 95% of the people i run into with modded cars LIE about mods. You guys who are bitching about not telling what he had act like money was on the line.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:52 AM
On The Tree

LOL... Sounds like the OP is being a good sport, but a few others are getting a lil butt hurt for nothing? Matt is a good buddy of mine & is definitely a stand up dude. This was all in good fun, & also sounded like he got called out so he decided to make it a lil more interesting.

jthunderz28, I wonder how your WS6 would stack up against my CTS-V?
Old 07-09-2012, 01:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2sick4v's
This! Matt is one of the people who doesn't hide his mods at all. He openly tells everyone what his makes/runs. He's a stand up guy and when he told me about this run this morning over the phone we were just cracking up. Also almost 95% of the people i run into with modded cars LIE about mods. You guys who are bitching about not telling what he had act like money was on the line.
I'm sure he is a cool guy, but I just don't get why you would make **** up in a friendly race with no money on the line? I just don't get it. What's the point? Saying your car is less modded than it really is will do what for you? People try that **** with me all the time and it's annoying. Some tool bag tried telling me his LS1 Fbody just had an exhaust when it clearly had a gigantic cam too... When I had my stock formula out.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
Thanks man, when i watched the replay on the second run I thought I hung pretty good for how outgunned I was. Not sure if most people read that the first run was a throw away run, as I was in the wrong gear.

Either way I got my *** handed to me, but still had fun and it just motivates me to improve the performance even more. Money pit FTMFW!!! lol
Heads/100 shot would reverse the outcome.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:15 AM
TECH Regular

Ya good shifting for sure. He was in 3rd both runs from what he wa telling me. He was just having fun with you, he's really not a dick lol PM me your # I'll let you know next time we go out...
Yeah it was all in fun, and I know he's not a douche'.I think folks insinuate things too quickly from him not being more vocal about his mods. lol, I really didn't care to be honest. Everyone there I talked to was pretty cool, lol, especially when a lone F-Body just rolls up on everyone out of nowhere.
Hahahha, that was priceless. It was just a spur of the moment thing on the way home.

Yeah everyone there was pretty laid back and chill. Good times for sure.

Originally Posted by EPIK
LOL... Sounds like the OP is being a good sport, but a few others are getting a lil butt hurt for nothing? Matt is a good buddy of mine & is definitely a stand up dude. This was all in good fun, & also sounded like he got called out so he decided to make it a lil more interesting.

jthunderz28, I wonder how your WS6 would stack up against my CTS-V?
Only one way to find out I've gone a best of 12.5xx at 112. But from a roll it could be a drivers race.

PM sent.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:48 AM
Teching In

I'm sure he is a cool guy, but I just don't get why you would make **** up in a friendly race with no money on the line? I just don't get it. What's the point? Saying your car is less modded than it really is will do what for you? People try that **** with me all the time and it's annoying. Some tool bag tried telling me his LS1 Fbody just had an exhaust when it clearly had a gigantic cam too... When I had my stock formula out.
I heard the owner of the trans am was being somewhat cocky. I heard he was trying to pick on a stock 2004 mustang gt lol.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:03 AM
On The Tree

One thing I forgot to add after talking to Matt earlier. There was a bone stock 2004 GT out there that night. Well on his way to In and Out burger this same WS6 was revving up and taunting him, then dowshifting and punching it on this Stock GT. So the GT raced him anyways and got destroyed with his 220 rw. Well the O.P must have seen where the GT exited the freeway and came back. He seen all the cars in the parking lot and came in all cocky barking his exhaust. Immediately he went up to the group of guys asking who owned the Cobra because he wanted to race it for MONEY. Well while Matt was eating his burger across the parking lot the owner of the stock GT told him the story of the WS6 taunting him. So Matt figured **** it, payback is a bitch lol. Plus the guy came up to him assuming it was an Eaton car, He never asked if it was Whippled or anything else.

So the O.P has 390 rw picking on a 220 rw car that didnt want to run. Thats 170 rw difference. Matt lied about his numbers so he could give the O.P some of his own medicine. Thats how the game gets played fellas. Dont pick on cats and not expect to get picked on back...
Old 07-09-2012, 03:05 AM
TECH Regular

I heard the owner of the trans am was being somewhat cocky. I heard he was trying to pick on a stock 2004 mustang gt lol.

hahaha, I did see that car on the way home and busted a U-Turn to investigate.
I actually chatted with Joe the owner after for a good while, cool dude.

I didn't know it was stock, it sounded loud and looked lowered...yah never know.

I guess Karma came full circle and annihilated me. lol, let's not confuse confident and assertive with cocky though.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you don't downplay your mods on the street, you're doing it wrong.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:22 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only one reason to do it, to frustrate who ever they puppy kick.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:37 AM
11 Second Club

Some 4.10's in the rear would help you out quite a bit.

That and some heads and spray.

Quick Reply: Ported/Pullied Cobra destroys my WS6