Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Whats your best kill ever...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I love my GN its a great sleeper!! I got my 1981TTA with a 5.3 turbo running really well, and my GNs louder than it!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some really good stories in here actually.

My favorite was when I just started college and my parents had given me their old 1994 Accord 5 speed manual (had about 190,000 miles). My brother had just bought a 1998 V6 firebird (i think 200hp?) automatic, all stock. We decided to line them up. I took out the entire interior of my car to gain an edge. I removed the passenger seat, rear seat, spare tire and jack, speakers, and a bunch of random interior carpet and cardboard. Even ran the tank almost completely empty (fuel light came on and the gauge was well dipped under the "E") and pulled the hood off. We weighed the hood and it was actually a good 45lb by itself. I even took out my air filter! We lined them up a couple times and raced from a dig and a few rolls til around 110mph and I kept edging him out by a car length! It's halarious to think of now envisioning my stock 94 Accord pulling away from his Firebird.

Last edited by TheBlueKnight; 08-10-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My best single kill was over a cammed LS2 GTO on drag radials. As him and I were about to pull up to the burnout box I overheard a group of guys debating which car would be faster. They all picked the GTO. One of them made a point to tell me he would beat me. The GTO got out of the hole quicker, but I ran him down by the 1,000ft mark. I wish I could have seen the look on thier faces.

The best though was at the first Camaro5 fest. I was beating 5th gens for a couple hours on the drag strip, 5-6 runs, never loosing. Then I went over to the autcross and beat all the 5th gens in my time group. At the end of the session a guy came up to me and said "Damn, weren't you just whooping up on the 5th gens over on the strip, and now you're showing them up here too?"
Old 08-13-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight

My favorite was when I just started college and my parents had given me their old 1994 Accord 5 speed manual (had about 190,000 miles). My brother had just bought a 1998 V6 firebird (i think 200hp?) automatic, all stock. We decided to line them up. I took out the entire interior of my car to gain an edge. I removed the passenger seat, rear seat, spare tire and jack, speakers, and a bunch of random interior carpet and cardboard. Even ran the tank almost completely empty (fuel light came on and the gauge was well dipped under the "E") and pulled the hood off. We weighed the hood and it was actually a good 45lb by itself. I even took out my air filter! We lined them up a couple times and raced from a dig and a few rolls til around 110mph and I kept edging him out by a car length! It's halarious to think of now envisioning my stock 94 Accord pulling away from his Firebird.
Lol I remember those accords, they weren't too bad really . Now I know you are about two years older than me .
Originally Posted by SS#1531
My best single kill was over a cammed LS2 GTO on drag radials. As him and I were about to pull up to the burnout box I overheard a group of guys debating which car would be faster. They all picked the GTO. One of them made a point to tell me he would beat me. The GTO got out of the hole quicker, but I ran him down by the 1,000ft mark. I wish I could have seen the look on thier faces.

The best though was at the first Camaro5 fest. I was beating 5th gens for a couple hours on the drag strip, 5-6 runs, never loosing. Then I went over to the autcross and beat all the 5th gens in my time group. At the end of the session a guy came up to me and said "Damn, weren't you just whooping up on the 5th gens over on the strip, and now you're showing them up here too?"
Priceless! I always said that it's amazing what an fbody can do on corners with a few select bits and pieces.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:21 PM
11 Second Club

My best kill was against a fresh dozen of hot glazed Krispy Kreme donuts. It was a slaughter. I even felt bad after I destroyed them.

-Mark
Old 08-13-2012, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Never feel bad for the destruction you bring... they had it coming
Old 08-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

best kill was on venezuelan vag
Old 08-13-2012, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There are some hilarious stories in this thread. I've read all of them.

My favorite kill is when my 02 T-56 SS was full exhaust, 3.90 gears, and a lid. Oh and I forgot a 75 dry shot of nitrous. I was sitting at the local car hangout with some friends just BS'ing around when a buddy of a friend shows up in his Civic Hatch w/ H22 swap. It was a gutted car with fart can muffler, CAI and the best mod of all a 32 oz gatorade bottle as the coolant reservoir.

He pulls in and looks at me and my car and says $100 says "I'll smoke that SS of yours." I reply "what makes you say that" he says "this H22 swap is fast and I just beat a Corvette on the way here." My friend says well this Camaro is faster than that Vette is. He says NO WAY in hell that (he assumes stock) SS is faster than any Vette. I just tell him I'd love to take your money so lets run them. I let him pick the race of course a 40 roll to 110 is what he says. PERFECT!!! for me

We go out to the highway and honk it off well all he saw was tail lights I had an easy 4 cars on him. Both of us go back to the hang out spot. He says "I'm not paying because your isn't stock like you said" I just look at him and said "I never said it was stock you just assumed it was and I let you think that. BTW I told you I was faster than the Vette. He refused to pay and I haven't seen him or that car since. That was over 3 yrs ago too.

Sorry for the long read but I had to get all the details in. Hope you enjoy reading ALMOST as I did living it.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i guess my most surprising kill was a brand new C6 Vette.....old man driving, revs as he passes on our way to a red light.....light turns green, he gets the jump, and i'm a car ahead by third.....the faster we got, i stopped pulling and just held steady.......i shutdown at about 90mph, he was almost two cars back.....i was fully expecting to get walked for some reason, and he had to have been pissed after spending 50-60K and getting drug by a 10K Camaro.....he flew by and stayed on it until he was out of sight.....LOL

next fav was a new 5.0 Mustang......he was behind me while getting on the on-ramp......as we got on to the interstate, he flies by.......when i saw the 5.0 on the side of his car, i took the bait and chased him, looking to get up beside him so i could honk it down.....but all he wanted to do was high speed ****......everytime i'd creep up almost to his back bumper, he'd just take off.....this happened three times in a row, i even flashed my lights trying to get him to slow down and do at least the speed limit, but he wouldn't line up......i fell back about a quarter of a mile, waiting for him to forget about me and return to a regular speed...... after a minute or two, i gunned it and came flying up behind him..... i was coasting up to his back bumper in neutral at about 85mph, and he guns it again.......this time i said f*ck it, i dropped it into 4th and slammed it......he got the hit, by mid way through 5th i was two cars ahead and running about 135-140 IIRC.....same deal as with the C6, when i shutdown, he flew by and kept going until out of sight........what's with these old people, LOL
Old 08-13-2012, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight

Reminds me of this:
http://www.rcramer.com/fun/econobox/

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
L-M-A-O
Old 08-13-2012, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Ain't that the truth. My best kill in that department was some hot czech vag.

No but really this is my best kill to date:

I was on pump gas in the video.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my best kill story happens to result in a loss for me.

I was merging onto the highway with a friend of mine and as I was coming up the ramp I saw an 03-04 cobra going down the highway. I immediately gave chase. As I was coming up on him he slowed down and lined up. I dropped it down and so did he. He honked it off and we punch it, as soon as we come over a hill it was gridlocked. We went from 110-0 in half a second. Turns out there was a car fire about a half mile up that had blocked off traffic. So for about an hour my buddy and I bs'd with him and his buddy. Told him that my car was longtubes/ory/catback/lid (at the time) He said his was pullied exhaust. Traffic finally starts moving again and the highway was empty after the car fire. We line up and do a quick pull because his exit was coming up. He pulled me pretty good. I have run into the guy a few times since then real cool guy.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

A lot of good kills on here. I have a few from my first truck when I was 15. I got a 1966 Chevrolet long wheelbase with a stock 327 and TH400. I thought it was fast. Being my first truck I was pretty proud of it. At the time, mid nineties, the truck racing scene was pretty big in my area. It seemed like everyone that was racing was doing it in a pickup. Anyway, my favorite kill(s) were the result of a previous race where I was walked on by an embarrassing amount.

A friend and I were cruising the boulevard one night when this girl we went to school with rolls up in her dads new WS6 TA. Of course I had to call her out. I asked if she wanted to run em, and her dad leans up from the back seat and says sure, let me get in the driver's seat. At this point I am fully aware of the *** whipping that is about to ensue. I was 17 at the time. All that was running through my head is what can I do to wring every bit of power from this truck to narrow down the lead he was about to pull on me. We ended up at the last red light in town. This intersection was well used, and had some pretty bad ruts. I had raced here before and knew that You had to feather it past the ruts, then get on it then the road smoothed out. When the light turned green I lost all sense and put it to the floor. We left and my tach shot up. I had broken loose bad. All I could think about was how far that WS6 was pulling on me so I stayed in it. About that time I hear an awful shreaking, followed by some loud tapping sounds. My truck lost nearly all power and the WS6 killed me by, no joke, close to 1/8mi. We meet back up, talk, and try to diagnose my engine problem. The guy is pretty cool. Anyway, we parted ways and I went home.

The next morning I am laying in bed, and my phone rings. It's my dad wondering where I was and what the hell happened to my truck. The guy that was riding with me had gone up to the shop where we hung out on Saturdays and told my dad about the race before. I get up, get dressed, and rode up to the shop. When I got there they had my circle track car in the shop getting ready to pull the engine. My dad said if I wanted to race, then I may as well have something worth racing under the hood. It was a 355 built for a Pure Stock class. In the class you had to run certain casting number heads, cast intakes, Q-jets, and pull a certain vacuum at idle. It had more time in porting and polishing the heads and intake than should ever be put into a set of SBC smogger heads. It was pushing around 450fwhp, which for a 17 year old ridiculous. Anyway we snatched it out and put it into my truck. Turns out I had stacked a set of cam bearing in my 327, and somehow wiped a few lobes off the cam.

Now on to my favorite kill. Fast forward a few months. One of the guys that had a decently fast truck had just built a stroker motor for his 85 SWB and wanted to line them up. He wanted to run the quarter from 30mph, so we did. In my truck I would leave the TH400 in 1st, let it shift on the governor at 6200, and hit 3rd around the same rpm. We took off from 30, and I got into 2nd and pulled him by about 2 lengths. He held there and never gained or lost any ground. At the end of the 1/4 I back out, bump it into 3rd, and break the rear u-joint, in turn breaking the driveshaft on the old prop shaft mount on the frame, slinging the driveshaft into the highway. It wasn't pretty.

The next day I get a driveshaft built and install it. The guy I ran the night before tweaked on his truck all day. On the way to town I got pulled over for showing off and got a warning from the cop. The guy from the night before wanted to race as soon as I get to town. I let another guy drive my truck to avoid me getting a ticket. They ran from a dead stop, and again my truck pulled 2 lengths and held it to the end of the 1/4.

Those were probably my favorite kills just because they were consistently the same race. We used to have a blast racing back then.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jc98ss
i guess my most surprising kill was a brand new C6 Vette.....old man driving, revs as he passes on our way to a red light.....light turns green, he gets the jump, and i'm a car ahead by third.....the faster we got, i stopped pulling and just held steady.......i shutdown at about 90mph, he was almost two cars back.....i was fully expecting to get walked for some reason, and he had to have been pissed after spending 50-60K and getting drug by a 10K Camaro.....he flew by and stayed on it until he was out of sight.....LOL
Old guys in stock Vettes always seem to think they're the ****, lol my friend's dad drives a stock C4 vert automatic and he thinks his car is crazy exclusive and fast.
My funniest race story wasn't even a race :p some guy in a beat up old Toyota pickup pulled up next to me, i had my girlfriend in the passenger seat and i was messing with the radio...apparently, he kept looking over at me and revving and ****. When the light turned he launched and my girlfriend started cracking up because i just rolled off the light casually
and jwatts, thats a helluva dad haha
Old 08-14-2012, 02:19 AM
12 Second Club

I have 2 that were pretty fun. The first one was against about an 03 mustang GT. It was pretty late at night and I was heading home. Just happened to be going through the local cruise spot but I wasn't planning on even seeing anyone so I wasn't paying attention. Next thing I know the GT is right next to me and he keeps getting on it trying to get me to go. This area of the city is full of cops and I wasn't even close to going to mess around there. Luckily we didn't cause as we came over a bridge about 1/4 mile ahead, 2 cops were sitting in a parking lot talking. So we keep going and he is still pacing me. About another 1/2 mile up there is a cop at the stop light facing east and we are headed north. We have the green light and we go through the light. Guy is still pacing me and the cop goes through the red and starts following probably figuring we are going to race and didn't see him. Well of course we did so we keep going about another mile and he finally whips around and heads back. Finally we are out where no one is around on a 4 lane so he starts trying to get me to go. I finally tell him to go and he takes off. I immediately pull him in and put about 3 cars on him from about a 40 role to about 90 or so. He then trys again with the same outcome. I get to a turn around and he stops and asks if I was spraying. I laughed and said no but I do have nitrous on the car. I didn't even have the line hooked up. He asks for one more run and I say sure. This time from about 25 roll to well over 100 and I put about 5 cars on him. My car at the time had a cheatr cam, stock manifolds, 243 heads, ls6 intake, 3.73's and an old 3500 midwest stall with a cutout. Only opened the cutout on the last race so it was through stock muffler the other 2. Never asked what was done with his but it had dumped exhaust and sounded like it had cams but they weren't real choppy?

Other race was against a C6 vette that was cammed, headers and stalled. He followed me out of the race track and then fell way back on the interstate. After about 20 miles we get into some traffic and he catches up. My car at this time still had the above mods plus a way better stall and built trans and an slp dual dual. He started reving at me and taking off over and over but there was traffic so I could never get next to him. I had the nitrous ready but not on. I gave him a few short blasts to show him I wanted to play but it took about 5 more miles before it opened up. He was a bit ahead so I took off to catch up when the traffic opened up but he started to take off and not let me catch up. I was like wtf? Finally he stayed at about 75 and I got next to him. I flip the switch for the nitrous and I heard him take off and I hit it and was about at his back bumper. We went up till about 120 and I had pulled my front bumper to about even with his door. Then he started to get off and he rolled the window down and waved. I gave him a thumbs up and went home. Found out later it was the brother of a local forum member. The forum member was with him and said they couldn't believe my car was so fast cause it was so quiet.

My car now has a torquer 2 full exhaust so I am hoping to run into some more fun people to see how well my car does.

Last edited by Josh Nickelsen; 08-14-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Bolt on Mach-1
/thread
Old 08-14-2012, 01:45 PM
TECH Resident

^ Oh lord. Automachs gonna come in and say how he's killed... EVERYTHING.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

my best was the first race I had when i bought this car. Bone stock except for a SLP lm1. I used to work late, so id head home around 1am. im driving down a looong road on the way home to get to the parkway, and a tool in a yellow turbo cobalt ss pulled along side and was revving and yelling lets go. i was reluctant, cause it sounded loud, and could or had mods. but he wouldnt stop so i figured why not. i held up 3 fingers for three honks, dropped to second, beeped three times, and he jumped on me by a half car, but it took maybe 2 seconds to reel him in and leave him. I was so proud! dude drove by and flipped me off, dont understand why he couldnt be cool about it.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

I raced so many cars over the years in so many different cars they all have there little memories that make me keep building and racing.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:12 AM
12 Second Club

My best kill happened a few years ago.
I just purchased a 2000 audi s4. Black, lowered with some 18"s on it. Nice little car for the price. 7800 bucks.
Anyway, I went out that weekend to the closed course with professional drivers meet.
The audi was a APR stage 1. Stainless catted dps. mtm exhaust and a homemade intake.
Little car would roll out alright. *surely not even remotely fast as my fbody* Oh yeah and I badged it. Most people think audi just makes a4's and r8's. We all meet up and are sitting around bsing. People start racing and so on. This kid in this blacked out v6 mustang starts talking crap because he had a mustang of course. He continued to tell me how he was going to dominate my A4 and wanted to race. He never asked what was done to my car or if it even was an a4.
So we line up. He does his 1 wheel peel burnout and pulls up next to me asking if I wanted to do a burnout. I just told him no it wouldnt make any difference either way.
*awd car....*
Someone flags us and I drop the clutch at about 3k and blast out of the hole and pull 6-8 car lenghts on him before 600' and he just gives up.
I turn around and come back and he says "Thats not fair, I didnt know your car was an S4 I thought I was going to rape you."

I have no hatred toward mustangs at all. But kids like this make other mustang owners look bad.

Quick Reply: Whats your best kill ever...