Can someone summary that long *** post?
Old 07-17-2012, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Very long.
Can someone summary that long *** post?
read it man its some really good info.

basically sums up that mustang dynos are more realistic as it shows power a car would make on the street, factoring in gravity and resistance.

dynojets dont factor these things and show a cars power as if it were being driven in a "vacuum", hence the number fluffing that people refer to. also dynojets differ in power results due to gear ratios and cant show true power.

theyre both useful and are tuning tools, just the mustang dyno is more accurate. in any event either dyno wont tell you how fast a car is, only the strip can tell you that. a dyno should be a tuning tool not a bragging rights tool.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by usnfenix
read it man its some really good info.

basically sums up that mustang dynos are more realistic as it shows power a car would make on the street, factoring in gravity and resistance.

dynojets dont factor these things and show a cars power as if it were being driven in a "vacuum", hence the number fluffing that people refer to. also dynojets differ in power results due to gear ratios and cant show true power.

theyre both useful and are tuning tools, just the mustang dyno is more accurate. in any event either dyno wont tell you how fast a car is, only the strip can tell you that. a dyno should be a tuning tool not a bragging rights tool.
Ah.
Dynos are just dumb though. All of them are different. For example I hit 630rwhp down here in 80-90% humidity in 100F+. What do you think I would hit in cold air in the US? Yet my car spins so much I can't even crack into the 11s (before slicks and suspension upgrades).
Most cars would smoke me in 1st and 2nd, and then I'd freight train them in 3rd.

For me the fastest cars are those insta-hook spray 4th gens you see roaming around here with like 500-550rwhp. They will out launch 99.9% of all high hp cars and it literally takes 140-150mph to catch them. Case in point that 4th gen guy who murdered that z06 until he ran out of gear.

I know dynos make people feel better but too many people run around saying "Ha I got 600rwhp I ain't going to race your 400rwhp **** box I need a real car" but in the end they're 600rwhp shitboxes. Case in point MY CAR before I upgraded suspension. I was getting raped from a dig by just about every car and it'd take 3rd gear to come flying by.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

"For me the fastest cars are those insta-hook spray 4th gens you see roaming around here with like 500-550rwhp. They will out launch 99.9% of all high hp cars and it literally takes 140-150mph to catch them. Case in point that 4th gen guy who murdered that z06 until he ran out of gear"

Bingo-the autos with spray,heads,cam that hook out here are insane from a dig.....they destroy much faster cars to the point the owners of the defeated car look like they saw a ghost.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Ah.
Dynos are just dumb though. All of them are different. For example I hit 630rwhp down here in 80-90% humidity in 100F+. What do you think I would hit in cold air in the US? Yet my car spins so much I can't even crack into the 11s (before slicks and suspension upgrades).
Most cars would smoke me in 1st and 2nd, and then I'd freight train them in 3rd.

For me the fastest cars are those insta-hook spray 4th gens you see roaming around here with like 500-550rwhp. They will out launch 99.9% of all high hp cars and it literally takes 140-150mph to catch them. Case in point that 4th gen guy who murdered that z06 until he ran out of gear.

I know dynos make people feel better but too many people run around saying "Ha I got 600rwhp I ain't going to race your 400rwhp **** box I need a real car" but in the end they're 600rwhp shitboxes. Case in point MY CAR before I upgraded suspension. I was getting raped from a dig by just about every car and it'd take 3rd gear to come flying by.
exactly dynos are a tuning tool, most people forget that. the only numbers i listen to are track slips. that gives a more accurate rep of what to expect from a car. for example, vehicle xxx dynos on a dynojet and makes 800rwhp and 760rwtq. fast right? vehicle xxx then runs a 16.50 1/4 mile time. turns out its a diesel truck. now yes i know its a truck vs car but it gets my point across.

Quick Reply: Calling out any 300whp civic within 100 miles