Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Civic vs ZX14

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I rode in my buddies C5 Z06 which "only" makes 400whp on a mustang dyno, but its got sticky tires, great brakes, and a set up suspension.

Holy **** is that car fast.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Although I think there is a art to getting a drag car to leave really hard, drag racing does'nt compare to what the over all car needs in a rr car.
I'm not saying one is better than the other or even comparing them, I'm just saying that people who condescend are douche bags.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
LoL no. I want my car to be able to do everything. Being able to go with my buddies to the strip one day then a track day the next weekend is cool. I think if the car is set up right it could do all 3 well. The biggest issue is from the heat the turbo makes.
This is why I love the bike!

Track days one weekend, drag strip the next, and cruise around on a nice day getting 40-50 mpg on a stock machine that cost me $5,800. The downsides are no radio, it sucks getting caught and having to ride in the rain, and cruising isn't nearly as fun when the weather gets really cold. It's a give and take, but those dry track days make everything about owning a bike worth it.

I always like when people can appreciate multiple styles of racing. Anything with wheels and a motor is fun. I'd have one of everything and go to every different type of track and event I could if I had the time/money.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach

Track days one weekend, drag strip the next, and cruise around on a nice day getting 40-50 mpg on a stock machine that cost me $5,800. The downsides are no radio, it sucks getting caught and having to ride in the rain, and cruising isn't nearly as fun when the weather gets really cold. It's a give and take, but those dry track days make everything about owning a bike worth it.

I always like when people can appreciate multiple styles of racing. Anything with wheels and a motor is fun. I'd have one of everything and go to every different type of track and event I could if I had the time/money.
You need to get a Scala rider q2. Then you have radio and bluetooth in your helment. They work great and make riding much more pleasurable.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thats why i love my Subies... road course one day, drag strip the next and... yeah nowhere near your gas mileage with over 500+hp...lol I can drive in the rain and snow the same way i run on dry pavement...lol. Good suspension, nice turbo and ****** good music nothing beats a track day!! We started out at Summit Point go-karts and its been a tradition ever since.

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach

Old 07-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe for my last dance I might try e85......but it would be a pain in the *** because there are no e85 stations around here with in 50 miles......I would be looking for 440+rwhp if I did that.
Oh pssh its not worth it then man, i live like 5 blocks from an E85 station, and the other 2 or within like 10 min. Ive seen like a 15whp 15+trq all over the powerband just by going on E85.

Just saw this and it blew my mind.

Stock z06 on pump and stock tune, then tuned on 93, then tuned e85 and lastly tuned on e85 with a haltech intake.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:41 PM

FTW racing fuels =)
Old 07-23-2012, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adamantium
Oh pssh its not worth it then man, i live like 5 blocks from an E85 station, and the other 2 or within like 10 min. Ive seen like a 15whp 15+trq all over the powerband just by going on E85.

Stock z06 on pump and stock tune, then tuned on 93, then tuned e85 and lastly tuned on e85 with a haltech intake.
That still amazes me what those cars can put down with so little. What a great platform!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by adamantium

That's good ****.....just such a pain to have to haul it. If my car was just a weekender then it would'nt be terrible. But if I were to go somewhere in it I would have to change the tune back to 93. I like it being like a normal hassle free car. We'll see, I may try it if I can come up with some big injectors.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh shut up, your car is a race car anyways lol. jk
Old 07-23-2012, 02:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Oh shut up, your car is a race car anyways lol. jk
I wish....it's no where near fast enough to keep up with these honds's, dsm's and mighty Mach's.Those are real race cars.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, yes they are. If you switched to e85 you'd have them covered though I suspect .
Old 07-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Yes, yes they are. If you switched to e85 you'd have them covered though I suspect .
It's not worth it on a stock motor N/A car IMO.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
This coming from someone running on straight alcohol.... lol. It would be the absolute very last step if I would try it. From the looks of that dyno graph my sometime soon to be installed ls7 would like it pretty well for a stock n/a motor.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Teching In

This coming from someone running on straight alcohol.... lol. It would be the absolute very last step if I would try it. From the looks of that dyno graph my sometime soon to be installed ls7 would like it pretty well for a stock n/a motor.
Yes, this coming from me.

Look at the Z06 graph Adam posted. It picked up 14whp going to E85 (469-483). That wouldn't be enough to make me want to make the change. Now if you're a turbo car and could crank up the boost, that would be a different story.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:43 PM
10 Second Club

When it's across the board like that it is a very noticeable difference. Of course not as much as a boosted car with more boost added. But like I said there are no e85 stations local to me yet......and anyone hauling fuel around for their street car don't really have a street car IMO.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:07 PM

When it's across the board like that it is a very noticeable difference. Of course not as much as a boosted car with more boost added. But like I said there are no e85 stations local to me yet......and anyone hauling fuel around for their street car don't really have a street car IMO.
Pretty much the case.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok and that's your opinion. Noted, archived. Dusty. Not true by any sense of the word however
Old 07-24-2012, 02:15 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, this coming from me.

Look at the Z06 graph Adam posted. It picked up 14whp going to E85 (469-483). That wouldn't be enough to make me want to make the change. Now if you're a turbo car and could crank up the boost, that would be a different story.
With that sort of attitude i dont see you ever having a car that runs above the rest. Im sure with more mods there would be more gains, that is 14whp across the board on a completely stock car. People pay $200+ for UDP and see less gains and have to do more work, i say its worth changing to if its accessible, its a no brainer.

When it's across the board like that it is a very noticeable difference.
Exactly not many mods will garauntee power across the board.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:30 AM
Teching In

We'll see soon enough if it stands above the rest. It has stood above plenty of other cars in the area though.

Quick Reply: Turbo Civic vs ZX14