Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Civic vs ZX14

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
You're an idiot*
Yea I'm a idiot and your mixing ******* gas and or ordering it by the drum to keep that pos alive. Good luck with your race car.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:03 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
If you are mixing your own fuel to make your car live at the power you want then yes.....it's race gas. Ever heard of the Pump Gas Nationals?
lol no one mixes E85 with anything, he's talking about the Ethanol content in the fuel (mixes/blend). E85 is called E85 because it is 85% Ethanol and gasoline. If it is E70 (70%) Ethanol it is inconsistent and there for a risk at such a high power level. There are ACTUAL RACE gas versions of the pump gas E85 for example E98 or E100 or E85R. Buying it in a drum would eliminate the need to test or fear of the blend from the pump, but that doesn't make it an ACTUAL race fuel. If you bought a 55 gallon drum of 93 would that make 93 race gas? No. E85 has alot of benefits which weren't even intended for racing, its just an overall better gasoline. VP race fuel, and other race gases were INTENDED and made with performance in mind. E85 is just a cheaper fuel, that just so happens to have its pros over 93. Similar to choosing 93 over 89 it has its pros over 89 doesn't necessarily make it a race oriented fuel though right?
Old 07-26-2012, 12:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
lol no one mixes E85 with anything, he's talking about the Ethanol content in the fuel (mixes/blend). E85 is called E85 because it is 85% Ethanol and gasoline. If it is E70 (70%) Ethanol it is inconsistent and there for a risk at such a high power level. There are ACTUAL RACE gas versions of the pump gas E85 for example E98 or E100 or E85R. Buying it in a drum would eliminate the need to test or fear of the blend from the pump, but that doesn't make it an ACTUAL race fuel. If you bought a 55 gallon drum of 93 would that make 93 race gas? No. E85 has alot of benefits which weren't even intended for racing, its just an overall better gasoline. VP race fuel, and other race gases were INTENDED and made with performance in mind. E85 is just a cheaper fuel, that just so happens to have its pros over 93. Similar to choosing 93 over 89 it has its pros over 89 doesn't necessarily make it a race oriented fuel though right?
Why would you buy 93 in a drum? I can see filling a gas can with it. I would then write RACE GAS on the side in Sharpie.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:16 AM
Teching In

Yea I'm a idiot and your mixing ******* gas and or ordering it by the drum to keep that pos alive. Good luck with your race car.
I wasn't calling you an idiot, I was correcting your grammar in the statement where you called me one. Man you're retarded, or maybe I should put "your" so you can understand it.

Also, it doesn't take but 2 mins to put my 93oct tune in and I would still easily drag your piece of **** down the track or the street. You can call me or my car all the names you want, it won't make your turd any faster.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:20 AM
10 Second Club

I wasn't calling you an idiot, I was correcting your grammar in the statement where you called me one. Man you're retarded, or maybe I should put "your" so you can understand it.

Also, it doesn't take but 2 mins to put my 93oct tune in and I would still easily drag your piece of **** down the track or the street. You can call me or my car all the names you want, it won't make your turd any faster.
This ain't grammar school.

Well if you ever get close enough we'll have to find out.

Great street car you have there....constantly changing tunes to keep that heap alive. My guess is when you ran your #'s it was gutted to. Probably only had 1 seat and had a headlight missing for sure no a/c and more than likely on a full slick. So your draggin half a car around and not in street trim to do that. You stated you gained 100hp on e85. So now your gonna go back to 93 and still drag me.....good luck with that ****. You ain't foolin no one.

SRK needs to have meet. But not just for drag racing. We need a slamon and a little autocross course to, a braking challenge would be good. Combined least amount of time wins.

Edit......50-100 mile cruise and stop at sheetz to top off with gas and no icing down.....**** don't even turn the car off the whole time.....lmao

That's how I like run.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 07-26-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:23 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RyanO7
Why would you buy 93 in a drum? I can see filling a gas can with it. I would then write RACE GAS on the side in Sharpie.
Because dsmfan is running his **** on the ragged edge and any slight variation in fuel and he will be picking up parts.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Staging Lane

adamantium- I had to google it lol I forgot its not as corrosive as i thought... :facepalm:
Old 07-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by three83'camaro
adamantium- I had to google it lol I forgot its not as corrosive as i thought... :facepalm:
lol yeah man, that myth was busted years ago. I remember some old guy who would work on rotarys and hondas was making fun of me and my buddy for trying to do E85 on stock lines (he calls me E85 lol) and we showed up to his shop on stock everything but injectors and he didn't believe it!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Great street car you have there....constantly changing tunes to keep that heap alive. My guess is when you ran your #'s it was gutted to. Probably only had 1 seat and had a headlight missing for sure no a/c and more than likely on a full slick. So your draggin half a car around and not in street trim to do that. You stated you gained 100hp on e85. So now your gonna go back to 93 and still drag me.....good luck with that ****. You ain't foolin no one.

SRK needs to have meet. But not just for drag racing. We need a slamon and a little autocross course to, a braking challenge would be good. Combined least amount of time wins.

Edit......50-100 mile cruise and stop at sheetz to top off with gas and no icing down.....**** don't even turn the car off the whole time.....lmao

That's how I like run.
Whatever you have to tell yourself to make your feel better about your turd.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:43 AM
10 Second Club

Whatever you have to tell yourself to make your feel better about your turd.
You do realize your trying to internet race someone with a stock longblock to your full on build....lmao.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Teching In

I wasn't trying to Internet race anyone. I was simply stating my experiences with ethanol earlier and you call me an idiot and my car a piece of ****. Then after it comes out that my car is much faster, you start back peddling and ranting about how it's gutted, slicks, racecar, etc. None of which you have a clue about.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

You do realize your trying to internet race someone with a stock longblock to your full on build....lmao.

DAIRY FARM IS BAAACK!!

Old 07-27-2012, 03:07 PM
9 Second Club

That's how I like run.
The truth of the matter is that you will criticize anyone for running something like e85 for making power while maintaining safety. If you had an FI fbody you'd be singing a different tune. Try pawning that **** off in the FI section here and see how quickly people laugh at you because those that have access to it would use it in a heart beat. E85 is poor mans racegas for FI cars. Just because your car couldn't benefit from running it doesn't mean you are any bit righteous for criticizing others who have big gains.

Btw, two hptuners files. One for e85 and the other for 93octane. I can pump whichever and flash my car faster than the reciept prints.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL. Can't believe we're still going on about e85 being race fuel.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by willizm
The truth of the matter is that you will criticize anyone for running something like e85 for making power while maintaining safety. If you had an FI fbody you'd be singing a different tune. Try pawning that **** off in the FI section here and see how quickly people laugh at you because those that have access to it would use it in a heart beat. E85 is poor mans racegas for FI cars. Just because your car couldn't benefit from running it doesn't mean you are any bit righteous for criticizing others who have big gains.

Btw, two hptuners files. One for e85 and the other for 93octane. I can pump whichever and flash my car faster than the reciept prints.
I was thinking about doing this on my car since its a daily.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by willizm

Thanks for making my point. E85 tunes are more like what you see on race gas. I think it's great really, but I like to know what gas these guys are on. E85 is a mod for cars that don't come e85 capable. For some reason some like to hide what they fuel they're on....or seems that way to me. When it gets to the point of having to order it fuel to keep your street car alive then that's goin overboard. Then you have a race car on the street, and that's a different animal.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

So hiho is still getting called an idiot by multiple members? Some things just never change I guess...
Old 07-31-2012, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
So hiho is still getting called an idiot by multiple members? Some things just never change I guess...
You're ALIVE!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v

Old 07-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Who wants to 140 roll against me?

Quick Reply: Turbo Civic vs ZX14