Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Civic vs ZX14

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
Not trying to get into an argument at all with this, but here goes.

Lightning Teg,

Hugger1975 and I are heading out your way on Aug 5th to run at us41 dragway so if you are interested in coming out shoot me a PM. Might have a few people from the site go as well. I'd rather go to Byron but with my travel schedule and Jay's work Schedule this is the best we could come up with.
I might have to come out just meet some of the clowns here for once

Make a event thread in the Midwest section called like SRK meetup or something. If you come to Indy for sure we can do something.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
@ 3:35 into this video you can see how bad Gabe drags my 570rwhp C5 from a 60 roll LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATreqXIpCSQ
And you dragged my **** lol. I should have a little more for you in the near future
Old 07-18-2012, 01:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
And you dragged my **** lol. I should have a little more for you in the near future
lol It happens. Tyler said it was going to be a good race. I didn't know anything about your car. So I agreed to go. If I would have known I would have said something. Freight training someone like that who is expecting a good race is a dick move IMO.

I can't wait to see how your car runs turned up. I'll give you a rematch if you want it.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I might have to come out just meet some of the clowns here for once

Make a event thread in the Midwest section called like SRK meetup or something. If you come to Indy for sure we can do something.
I made a thread, hopefully the mods find the Merit in me creating the thread in the SRK section. I rarely go in the regional boards but anyone is invited.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Teching In

lol It happens. Tyler said it was going to be a good race. I didn't know anything about your car. So I agreed to go. If I would have known I would have said something. Freight training someone like that who is expecting a good race is a dick move IMO.

I can't wait to see how your car runs turned up. I'll give you a rematch if you want it.
When I raced you I wanna say it was around 400whp. Its at 465whp now but I'm out of fuel. Im trying to get a pump after this weekend so I can max out my injectors and hopefully make over 500 again.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151708379957837
Old 07-18-2012, 02:15 PM
FormerVendor

When I raced you I wanna say it was around 400whp. Its at 465whp now but I'm out of fuel. Im trying to get a pump after this weekend so I can max out my injectors and hopefully make over 500 again.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151708379957837
With over 500hp we should definately be a good run. I believe that was the same day as the IndyRPM dyno day wasn't it? I made 570rwhp and weigh 3350-3400lbs. So we should be really close.

That was the first time I have seen that video. It definately looked worse from your view. I didn't think I pulled quite that hard in only half of 2nd and 3rd gear.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Haha... Don't forget the guy foolin with a stock engine, no power adder and in street trim, in a reliable car that can drive anywhere on 89 octane if need be with the ac on. Also the guy that has good enough suspension to go do track days and not just go straight.

If I wanted to do what this guy did, race a shell of a car I would already be in the mid 10's......with a ******* stock motor, with stock reliability that has lasted 80,000 miles and when I go to the track gets hot lapped 9+ times in a row. This guy will be lucky to get to 5,000 miles in the form he runs it.

There are lots of variables and ways to look at things. The cards dealt when dealing with a honda are not even remotely acceptable to me.
Your car is impressive, never said it isn't. But if you're going to knock a car that out traps your car by 15-20mph and out E/Ts your car by almost a full second (on obviously shitty run), then post 3 paragraphs of excuses then yeah...its self explanatory whats going on here. Bottom line his car is faster than yours whether yours has a damn hot tub in the back, it is still slower. You know what type of train length that car would put on you?

As for your comment on reliability i can tell you've never owned a honda or been around hondas. My F-body has given me more issue's than all 4 of my civics put together. But hey i dont complain about it.

Edit:

Keep us posted when you keep up with 1 liter + bikes.

Last edited by adamantium; 07-18-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Lol ok I won't correct your spelling anymore . I actually mess up my spelling all the time on here and I think maybe I sounded more serious than I was...I really don't care, most of us don't .

You actually can't say whatever you want on here, but close lol. I do agree with you though, we have our own opinions and I know you were just bs'ing like we all do on here. I was out of line for pokin' at ya though, and since I dished it out I can take it back.

I really don't care for civics all that much personally, but it's hard not to respect something that flat out hauls like that. I doubt the rider was great but it's still impressive for the civic to run like that in my books. It wouldn't be something I'd buy or want to own though.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not a fan of hondas but ill give credit where credit is due, if its fast ill respect it because i like racing. If you dont like hondas or even respect the fact that it just ran with a STREET BIKE "never the less a zx14" then why would you enter this thread. I know if I see a thread about somthing I dont like, I wont bother clicking on it.

Last edited by three83'camaro; 07-18-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
Your car is impressive, never said it isn't. But if you're going to knock a car that out traps your car by 15-20mph and out E/Ts your car by almost a full second (on obviously shitty run), then post 3 paragraphs of excuses then yeah...its self explanatory whats going on here. Bottom line his car is faster than yours whether yours has a damn hot tub in the back, it is still slower. You know what type of train length that car would put on you?

As for your comment on reliability i can tell you've never owned a honda or been around hondas. My F-body has given me more issue's than all 4 of my civics put together. But hey i dont complain about it.

Edit:

Keep us posted when you keep up with 1 liter + bikes.
We both know he did this on race gas.....so as far as it's street car cred to me that goes right out the window. That 1liter+ bike needed a rider mod bad. If I were serious about getting #'s at the track it's relatively easy to gut your car and make it go straight and get to the mid 10's. The only thing that has went bad on my car in 13yrs and 113,000miles is the drivers window motor. Everything else I have broke has been my own doins (except the motor, a friend done that in). Everything on the car has held up nicely. If I can make my way over to Notch's house I'll shoot a pic of what a 120k honda interior has held up like and you will think Camaro's hold up pretty good after seeing it.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think you take a bit better care of your care than Notch does. Everyone remember his dirty windshield/dash?
Old 07-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Banned

We both know he did this on race gas.....so as far as it's street car cred to me that goes right out the window. That 1liter+ bike needed a rider mod bad. If I were serious about getting #'s at the track it's relatively easy to gut your car and make it go straight and get to the mid 10's. The only thing that has went bad on my car in 13yrs and 113,000miles is the drivers window motor. Everything else I have broke has been my own doins (except the motor, a friend done that in). Everything on the car has held up nicely. If I can make my way over to Notch's house I'll shoot a pic of what a 120k honda interior has held up like and you will think Camaro's hold up pretty good after seeing it.
Excuses excuses excuses.

His car is faster than yours, you do not have room to talk. Please atleast build a car that out traps or out E/T's his first.

That is like me with my stock car discrediting your car.

Not your cup of tea? Cool we know this already, nothing is unless its an LSx car. But bottom line is he's on another level then you.

As for the race gas comment, don't you consider E85 as race gas?

Edit:
A real overall car enthusiast can appreciate a fast car, regardless of what it is. You on the other hand are just an ignorant GM monger.

In highschool i ******* hated F-bodys, look what i own now.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Pretty much every car out here runs E85, including the vettes, trans ams, and camaros. So what the hell does it matter?
Old 07-18-2012, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Pretty much every car out here runs E85, including the vettes, trans ams, and camaros. So what the hell does it matter?
But its a racecar if runs e85 cs he needs excusses to say why his engine swapped car isn't faster.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Teching In

We both know he did this on race gas.....so as far as it's street car cred to me that goes right out the window. That 1liter+ bike needed a rider mod bad. If I were serious about getting #'s at the track it's relatively easy to gut your car and make it go straight and get to the mid 10's.The only thing that has went bad on my car in 13yrs and 113,000miles is the drivers window motor. Everything else I have broke has been my own doins (except the motor, a friend done that in). Everything on the car has held up nicely. If I can make my way over to Notch's house I'll shoot a pic of what a 120k honda interior has held up like and you will think Camaro's hold up pretty good after seeing it.
it doesn't matter who "done" it in, it still went. i have a prelude sitting out in my driveway with 270,000 miles on the odometer and its only problem is it drips a lil oil.there has never been a window motor needed replaced, transmission shifts like it did when it was new in 93 and id put money on it out cornering your catfish. no its not fast, that's why i have the bird. but its every bit as comfortable as my t/a and gets me 40mpg everyday, and im not afraid to drive it in the snow. how many fbodies are there that are running around with a quarter of a million miles on them? this isn't a pissing match, this is someone liking a car that you and a few other close minded people hate, and you guys acting like if you say its not cool the world shouldn't like it. get over it, and get over yourselves. this is why i refuse to hang out with the lsx people anymore, you'd be surprised how many cool people you meet when you stop thinking (insert car brand here) is the be all end all of the car world.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Arctic
it doesn't matter who "done" it in, it still went. i have a prelude sitting out in my driveway with 270,000 miles on the odometer and its only problem is it drips a lil oil.there has never been a window motor needed replaced, transmission shifts like it did when it was new in 93 and id put money on it out cornering your catfish. no its not fast, that's why i have the bird. but its every bit as comfortable as my t/a and gets me 40mpg everyday, and im not afraid to drive it in the snow. how many fbodies are there that are running around with a quarter of a million miles on them? this isn't a pissing match, this is someone liking a car that you and a few other close minded people hate, and you guys acting like if you say its not cool the world shouldn't like it. get over it, and get over yourselves. this is why i refuse to hang out with the lsx people anymore, you'd be surprised how many cool people you meet when you stop thinking (insert car brand here) is the be all end all of the car world.
Truth be told
Old 07-18-2012, 08:40 PM
FormerVendor

When did E85 become race gas?
Old 07-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Launching!

fast is fast to me...and that is a fast honda...

i catch hell all the time from my die hard ford buddies for doing an LSX swap...
Old 07-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Teching In

When did E85 become race gas?
about the same time that they decided its considered a win even if you lose because you need the "driver mod"
Old 07-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Flexfuel vehicles = racecarz!
E10 is for Low timing slushboxz!

Quick Reply: Turbo Civic vs ZX14