Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Can only gto vs Cammed sprayed Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012 | 07:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
You don't see much variability with them though as you do other Mustangs. You already have the blower, just put a pulley on, port the blower, or do a swap. Or in a rare occurrence you see turbo setup. With the other ones you can choose what path you want.*

*The above statement in no way shape or form states that other Mustangs are better than a Terminator.

Well said ... Yea better make sure that * is there before the **** storm starts.
Old 08-15-2012 | 07:11 PM
10 Second Club

You don't see much variability with them though as you do other Mustangs. You already have the blower, just put a pulley on, port the blower, or do a swap. Or in a rare occurrence you see turbo setup. With the other ones you can choose what path you want.*

*The above statement in no way shape or form states that other Mustangs are better than a Terminator.
They are just purpose built for boost. Why should anyone change that?
Old 08-15-2012 | 07:21 PM
Launching!

I thought that was a good thing?!

With a Cobra you have just as much "variability" as any other Mustang, just a much better foundation to start with that's all.
Old 08-15-2012 | 07:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Redfire 03

I thought that was a good thing?!

With a Cobra you have just as much "variability" as any other Mustang, just a much better foundation to start with that's all.
I'm not saying that it is a bad thing. Automach was saying that it was cookie-cutter and I somewhat agree. How often do you see someone put a centri blower or a turbo on those cars? It hardly ever happens because it's setup for a PD blower. You'd be adding thousands of dollars to equip those cars with those options.
Old 08-15-2012 | 08:08 PM
Launching!

I'm not saying that it is a bad thing. Automach was saying that it was cookie-cutter and I somewhat agree. How often do you see someone put a centri blower or a turbo on those cars? It hardly ever happens because it's setup for a PD blower. You'd be adding thousands of dollars to equip those cars with those options.
True, true. Around the time when they first came out you saw more Turbo, YSi, NOVI, and F1 builds and so on. Now with all the big twin screws available there really isn't the need to unless your talking BIG power. With that said even the Whipple 4.0's are pushing in excess of 1000whp. lol I was going to go turbo route with my Cobra, had a Sullivan intake & fuel system sitting and everything but decided not to go that far and went PD/N20 setup which worked out well.
Old 08-16-2012 | 01:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hence why my search for an 03 consisted of something other then the typical ported eaton, whipple, or KB. I figured this go round I would buy one already built and save $20k+.
Old 08-17-2012 | 03:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bought not built ftl
Old 08-17-2012 | 08:46 AM
On The Tree

Jealousy creates hate.
Old 08-17-2012 | 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bad ethics creates hate, but I would 100% rather buy a car stock and make it into something. Yes it will cost more but in the long run you know what's done to it and aren't buying someone else's problems. To say I am jealous is just ignorant. It's just a car, lol. Can be here one second gone the next!
Old 08-17-2012 | 11:42 AM
On The Tree

LoL, calling someone ignorant for difference of opinion.
Old 08-20-2012 | 05:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Lol for assuming I'm jealous.. See I can do it too. There was no difference in opinion
Old 08-20-2012 | 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Haha, make sure you get the last word in.

BTW, I own a "bought" car and a "built" car. The only gain from the "built" car is knowledge and the pride...oh and being able to use it in a argument against someone that "bought" a car already "built".

Old 08-20-2012 | 10:03 AM
Teching In

I am much more interested in projects that people build themselves then cars already built. The car may be fast, but it doesnt stand out and its hard talk technical with people who havent turned a wrench on it.
Old 08-21-2012 | 03:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

^^^ touché. I try to do as much as I can to my own stuff. Now with the more major stuff I've needed help. But I'd rather take something from stock to wild just so I know it was built right. Traded for way too many heaps that just needed other peoples mistakes fixed.
Old 08-21-2012 | 03:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by clonedws6
Bought not built ftl
When Ive done everything to the cars in my sig, and lost around 20k+ reselling them, i decided to save myself $25k+ this go round and buy something done......by a professional and reputable shop...the way I would choose to do it had I bought it stock. Say what you want its all personal opinion.

BTW there are about 5 other cars prior to my sig including a supercharged fox, nitrous camaro ss and 87 turbo t.
Old 08-21-2012 | 03:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

It's my opinion and it's not going to change. Sorry. Congrats for buying what you wanted and saving money. Idc really. Either way
Old 08-21-2012 | 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by itsslow98
When Ive done everything to the cars in my sig, and lost around 20k+ reselling them, i decided to save myself $25k+ this go round and buy something done......by a professional and reputable shop...the way I would choose to do it had I bought it stock. Say what you want its all personal opinion.

BTW there are about 5 other cars prior to my sig including a supercharged fox, nitrous camaro ss and 87 turbo t.
I think it's a age/experience thing. I think that after you build a few cars, it's nice to just buy one already done the way you want it.

My Cobra is the first car that I have bought that had just about all the mods already done to it that I wanted in a Cobra.
Old 08-21-2012 | 10:24 PM
Teching In

Good runs the Mach was definitely rolling.
Old 08-22-2012 | 02:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Mmmmhmmmm
Old 09-11-2012 | 08:43 AM
Staging Lane

Would love to run ya man..

Quick Reply: Can only gto vs Cammed sprayed Mach 1