Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

$$ race GT-R vs Big block Nitrous Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

badazz fsckn videos

The Stang looked like it would have waxed him off the line if it had hooked and not gotten out of it. Dude on the bike will probably be on an evening news show racing in traffic with no helmet. That Evo is the closest match with awd and turbo...needs more top-end though. Camaro is probably setup for quarter mile and let off at the top of 4th like a typical low-geared hotrod.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jmasse
Ok "ace" (aka DA)......does it look like I drive a fox body in my sig? The video had one in it but you probably don't know what a fox body is. My point was simple. The GTR is a very impressive car but it also very complicated and extremely expensive to maintain/repair/buy compared to an LS car. Isn't this an LS website? Just checking.

Go troll around with your keyboard on an import forum.

Note: I am not sure what "jocking" a car means.....maybe that's an import thing?

Extremely expensive, maybe if you compare it to a Camaro or something of that like, but for cars in it's class it's not as expensive. Look up some of the maintenance prices compared to your average BMW or Mercedes outside of a maintenance plan and you will see it's not as expensive as those.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Extremely expensive, maybe if you compare it to a Camaro or something of that like, but for cars in it's class it's not as expensive. Look up some of the maintenance prices compared to your average BMW or Mercedes outside of a maintenance plan and you will see it's not as expensive as those.
No, it's just extremely expensive!! To buy, mod, and own!! I want one so bad, but it's literally 10's of thousands more than the Z06 I own now.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Its not that bad... I probably catch more hell with my R33 than any GTR owner...lol
Since HKS pulled out of the USA last year all my parts have to be shipped over the pond, go
thru hell with po po after every show... and i still can't get the R34 thru customs! I would
give up both my Skylines for a GTR...smh

on second thought... i'll keep them...lol

Last edited by NOLAG05; 09-04-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Gotta give u ya props OP.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

That's a fast GTR. Here is a Built motor/D1sc Procharged Trans Am vs 700+ HP Built Greddy TT R35 from a dig. The 1/4 mile finish line is about 100 feet before they reach the camera man. trans am is on the right (outside lane). trans am lets off at 1/4 mile marker. Trans Am by a fender.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Nice runs!! That Gtr is strong
Old 10-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ajrothm
That GTR = NASTY!! Nice job on that car..
BB Fox = Pile of ****...missed all the way down the track...not to mention didnt leave for ****..

69 Camaro = Awesome looking car, spinning aint winning and for some reason he let out WAY too early in a 1/4.... with enough dope maybe he would have caught him..(probably not though)...not sure why he shut down so early, maybe he felt the rape happening and said it wasnt worth continuing on.

I don't care for the way GTRs look but they are straight up the nastiest cars you can buy for street/dig racing....(besides million dollar TT lambos..LOL)

I know we have a 650 awhp GTR here and he ***** up everything he lines up with...including 850 rwhp C6s...

I love it when everyone hates on the Fox body's but every one wants to own one... I seen a car that looked just like yours get drug by a blue Silvarado... just saying.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Can't hate the GTR for what it is... All of those cars are fast. But 6 cylinder AWD TT... GOOD LUCK CATCHING IT.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kennyxg
I love it when everyone hates on the Fox body's but every one wants to own one... I seen a car that looked just like yours get drug by a blue Silvarado... just saying.

Wasn't mine.... My 71' hasn't got drug on the street yet from a dig.... just saying....

And I actually like Fox body stangs..... I just would not show up to a street race with my **** missing and throwing up on itself while it tries to get out of its own way on the leave.... just saying.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmasse
Ok "ace" (aka DA)......does it look like I drive a fox body in my sig? The video had one in it but you probably don't know what a fox body is. My point was simple. The GTR is a very impressive car but it also very complicated and extremely expensive to maintain/repair/buy compared to an LS car. Isn't this an LS website? Just checking.

Go troll around with your keyboard on an import forum.

Note: I am not sure what "jocking" a car means.....maybe that's an import thing?
Not sure it matters what forum we are on, that gtr is pretty impressive and it wasnt just a beat you from a dig car as the evo pulled on it from a dig but the pure hp of the gtr won it the race.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:28 AM
11 Second Club

I actually like the gtr's looks..and the fact that it handles and is a heavy pig while dragging these cars down a str8 line is impressive..but I hate that they're all automatic..yes autos are faster but Id rather no lift shift a 6speed any day

Quick Reply: $$ race GT-R vs Big block Nitrous Mustang