Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a C5 vette, 5th gen ss, and 98 cobra last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 02:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
I have a ported TB, would i say its a ported TB or a ported intake? Im just arguing why I say full exhaust. For a exhaust being done from the header back, i consider full exhaust. If it had longtubes id say it had longtubes lol.
If you had a ported TB, you have a ported TB. It is a singular part of the whole exhaust.

Since you seem to either not reread your posts to see how dumb it sounds, let me help you with the basics:

FULL exhaust consists of:
-headers
-Y pipe
-catback
(true duals vouch for the last two in that instance)

Each of the above enumerated above by a "-" is a part in the whole. If you have one or two, you do not have all (full). So if you have a y pipe and catback (which you care trying to call FULL), you do not have all the parts, so you do not full exhaust.

And to explain your own example to you ....

FULL intake would consist of:
-CAI/lid
-MAF
-bigger/ported TB
-intake manifold

Can you read?

lololoololololol They will not take me serious because i say a header is a header and an exhaust is an exhaust. Okay, seems legit.

Okay. Thanks for your input.
A header is a header, and exhaust is exhaust. We are all saying that, but you are trying to say that "an exhaust" = full exhaust..."an" = a part of the exhaust also known as a catback, or can be true duals as well.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if it was tuned, he never mentioned it so ill just say it wasn't. Your vette should be nasty with that setup, you plan on spraying it? Never driven one, but i have riden in one, i had a friend who had an LTx WS6 with a stall and a built stock tranny in highschool. From the hit it would put you in your seat but after that it got boring. He later swapped to a t56.
Probably not gonna spray it, I dont want to break too much stuff
Old 09-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WSsick
If you had a ported TB, you have a ported TB. It is a singular part of the whole exhaust.
Never knew a ported TB was a singular part of the whole exhaust. Your knowledge is obviously infinite.

Since you seem to either not reread your posts to see how dumb it sounds, let me help you with the basics:

-headers
-Y pipe
-catback

Each of the above enumerated above by a "-" is a part in the whole. If you have one or two, you do not have all (full). So if you have a y pipe and catback (which you care trying to call FULL), you do not have all the parts, so you do not full exhaust.
Again stand back and LOOK at what you are trying to argue here. What YOU consider a FULL exhaust is not what I or every other local considers what a full exhaust is. You can sit here and post obvious bullshit but you are so retarded and or oblivious, that you aren't even aware that YOU are arguing what YOU consider is and isn't "full" exhaust. Is that dumb'd down enough for you?

-CAI/lid
-MAF
-bigger/ported TB
-intake manifold
When has anyone said "full intake". Thats like retards who say "fully built", and don't state what "fully built" consists of. it could mean a million things. If i were to say "full intake" Wtf does that mean? Could mean i have a LIST of several different part combinations.

See how stupid your agrument is, you are arguing something that isn't even a fact, its a phrase. If someone asks me my mods im not going to say "full intake" Ive yet to hear that, and ive been around cars since i was 15. Im going to say ported TB, SLP lid, and list my mods, like a normal human being.

A header is a header, and exhaust is exhaust. We are all saying that, but you are trying to say that "an exhaust" = full exhaust..."an" = a part of the exhaust also known as a catback, or can be true duals as well.

Again refer to the post above, im not going to reply to you again if your main argument is what YOU consider to be a "full" exhaust. If it makes you happy or helps you sleep at night ill edit my OP and change "full exhaust" to "header back" or someshit, its really not that serious.

Last edited by adamantium; 09-03-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is the typical retarded forum argument.... you guys have fun now.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by evangto87
this is the typical retarded forum argument.... you guys have fun now.
Jesus christ, i know. Im seriously just not going to reply anymore.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:48 PM
12 Second Club

Never knew a ported TB was a singular part of the whole exhaust. Your knowledge is obviously infinite.
Don't be a ******* numbnut, obviously it was a typo. Jesus. I'm going to forgo replying to any of your nonsense any further in this thread. The above proves I need not waste any more time arguing with a brick wall.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

-headers
-Y pipe
-catback

-CAI/lid
-MAF
-bigger/ported TB
-intake manifold

Eh...a Throttle Body is part of the intake tract, NOT the exhaust. C'mon man, I guess we'll chalk that up to a 6-pack of beer or something. lol

I just dont get why you GM guys always go at it with each other, when these FORD Mustang fanboy nutswingers that frequent a GM site do it already on a daily basis. I don't get it.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:38 PM
***Repost Police***

You should try running a properly stalled auto...

Wrong. It is a good indicator but far from the full story.

I've seen VERY few hit 107, 108...definitely doubt that. 105ish is a better norm

Full exhaust = the entire routing of what gets the exhaust out of the cylinder and into the open air....so longtubes is included.
Depends on the air...when it's cool here we have extremely good DA, and I've watched an '02 WS6 trap 110 with just a lid and SFCs. And for the record, full exhaust to me and everyone else I have ever talked to or heard of means headers/mid-pipe/cat-back.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Agreed
Old 09-04-2012, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think this thread moved real fast, and perhaps it was a lot to do with what I said to this adamantium kid. I agree with what WsSick, Mike Morris, Woodaniel, and Irunelevens said and many others in here too. But in the end, manual and auto both have their place...but why haven't you posted the top ten fastest of any muscle car yet, like I asked Mr.Adamantium?

Slam autos if you will, but we all know what's what. That's why I didn't even bother to respond...you're pretty much lablackbeast with a cooler name . Maybe I'll just keep getting you to post up more so as to really clarify how little you know lol.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Eh...a Throttle Body is part of the intake tract, NOT the exhaust. C'mon man, I guess we'll chalk that up to a 6-pack of beer or something. lol

I just dont get why you GM guys always go at it with each other, when these FORD Mustang fanboy nutswingers that frequent a GM site do it already on a daily basis. I don't get it.
...and you just shut up and mind your business, SOLD doesn't count lol ...
Old 09-04-2012, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Slam autos if you will, but we all know what's what. That's why I didn't even bother to respond...you're pretty much lablackbeast with a cooler name . Maybe I'll just keep getting you to post up more so as to really clarify how little you know lol.
We agree on something?

Yeah, apparently 99% of people believe full exhaust means headers, mid-pipe (y-pipe, x-pipe, etc.), and cat-back except a select few living in south Florida

True NA Honda guys at heart have different wording for a lot of things
Old 09-04-2012, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

...yeah I'm stumped as to why we agree too . Must be something in the wording lol...
Old 09-04-2012, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oddwraith
...yeah I'm stumped as to why we agree too . Must be something in the wording lol...
One of these nights I'm going to get you to get on here whilst drunk and call me your favorite republican ever. THEN hell might freeze over lol
Old 09-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
We agree on something?

Yeah, apparently 99% of people believe full exhaust means headers, mid-pipe (y-pipe, x-pipe, etc.), and cat-back except a select few living in south Florida

True NA Honda guys at heart have different wording for a lot of things
Yeah i guess ill have to let my buddy know, that he is no longer qualified to tune GMs or Hondas anymore.

Apparently since he also is more specific with mods.

Maybe tuning all those 1000+hp GMs and 800+HP hondas, wont get you any cool cred on LS1tech. Ya know since thats all that matter in life. Using terms that the handful of members on SRK use.

I love when people bring the Honda stuff up like if that is something to be ashamed of, because im the only one on this site who will tip my hat to anything thats fast. I know most of you live in **** towns with like 4 fast cars, but around here we have several fast Hondas, GM's, Fords, Rotarys, lambos, ferraris, even VWs we have it all. I could careless what the handful of LS1tech members have to say about it lol.

Carry on.

Last edited by adamantium; 09-04-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah i guess ill have to let my buddy know, that he is no longer qualified to tune GMs or Hondas anymore.

Maybe tuning all those 1000+hp GMs and 800+HP hondas, wont get you any cool cred on LS1tech. Ya know since thats all that matter in life. Using terms that the handful of members on SRK use.

I love when people bring the Honda stuff up like if that is something to be ashamed of, because im the only one on this site who will tip my hat to anything thats fast. I know most of you live in **** towns with like 4 fast cars, but around here we have several fast Hondas, GM's, Fords, Rotarys, lambos, ferraris, we have it all. I could careless what the handful of LS1tech members have to say about it lol.

Carry on.
He doesn't have to quit tuning GMs, he just needs to get his terminology straight

Don't flatter yourself - there are several guys on here who admire and respect anything that is fast, myself included. I just at how much you Hondas when you own an F-body. You've been better about it, and for that, we thank you

Don't you mean you couldn't care less? Because if you could care less, it means that you care a lot and could possibly care less. If you don't care about the particular subject, you couldn't care less, because you care so little about it.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Full exhaust for me since the early 90s always meant headers,some sort of off road pipe and a catback. No brainer

Ill run any M6 LS1 Fbody with the same mods/weight as me on a roll or from a dig. Find one. Not sure on my weight though maybe 3400 ish
Old 09-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Banned

He doesn't have to quit tuning GMs, he just needs to get his terminology straight

Don't flatter yourself - there are several guys on here who admire and respect anything that is fast, myself included. I just at how much you Hondas when you own an F-body. You've been better about it, and for that, we thank you

Don't you mean you couldn't care less? Because if you could care less, it means that you care a lot and could possibly care less. If you don't care about the particular subject, you couldn't care less, because you care so little about it.
Yup looks like you should def teach him a thing or two about whats what on a car.

No one on here respects anything but GM cars, sorry. Ive been on here long enough to see that.

Couldn't.**

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Full exhaust for me since the early 90s always meant headers,some sort of off road pipe and a catback. No brainer

Ill run any M6 LS1 Fbody with the same mods/weight as me on a roll or from a dig. Find one. Not sure on my weight though maybe 3400 ish
Yet to hear full exhaust used when including headers till now, and ive been to the races and been around cars since i was 15. Like i said i guess people in miami don't use that term. Usually to be clear everyone around here lists their mods.

A catback for a f-body is completely different than what a catback is for a honda, or vws, or nissans, or mazdas. Just sayin. Its pretty vague.

Full exhaust around here is said because usually the full exhaust system (from header collector back) has been redone or modded. The correct term for that is a header back anyways. No need to continue this argument. If it helps members then ill edit my OP so you guys can stop whining.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:04 PM
***Repost Police***

No one on here respects anything but GM cars, sorry. Ive been on here long enough to see that.
I mean...don't think that's quite accurate.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol! Well he just won't get that Marc....

Originally Posted by Mike Morris

Yup .
Yup looks like you should def teach him a thing or two about whats what on a car.

Couldn't.**

Yet to hear full exhaust used when including headers till now, and ive been to the races and been around cars since i was 15. Like i said i guess people in miami don't use that term. Usually to be clear everyone around here lists their mods.

A catback for a f-body is completely different than what a catback is for a honda, or vws, or nissans, or mazdas. Just sayin. Its pretty vague.

Full exhaust around here is said because usually the full exhaust system (from header collector back) has been redone or modded. The correct term for that is a header back anyways. No need to continue this argument. If it helps members then ill edit my OP so you guys can stop whining.
It's not anything about your "buddy" bro. It's really just about "you", in this point in time. We all have buddies, but not all of us bank on them so much...must be a Miami thing ? You argue fact with opinion and think everyone should eat it up because your buddy this and your buddy that. Get your buddy on here then....

Free seat to Buddy Holly and *crickets*. Why do you insist on not knowing when to quit anyways? Surely you don't think what you are saying makes any sense do you? Lol. Do you drive a mystic teal Camaro by any chance...

*No one on here respects anything other than GM? Really? I think Ohio's brute is smashing (yes I even said smashing lol). I love Lambos, '03 and up Vipers, and I really dig what the GTR has become. As far as German engineering, GREAT stuff! You sound butthurt about details and in denial. Kudos for ...something I guess. I'll find something for you to be proud about, or I'll ask a buddy for some ideas.

Last edited by oddwraith; 09-04-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Ran a C5 vette, 5th gen ss, and 98 cobra last night