Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

MysticZ28 vs 2013 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Where I come from, back in the early 2000's there were just as many foxbody, SN95 and New Edge Mustangs beating up on LS cars as there were LS cars beating up on Mustangs. It was no shocker to see a Mustang beat the snot out of an LS1 f-body, and vice versa.
I bet those Mustangs had a substantial amount more mods done too. I remember the look on my stang buddies faces when LS1 guys were getting into the bottom 12's/high 11s with bolt-ons.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

And now we are sitting back watching the 5.0's go mid 11's with full boltons
Old 09-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
And now we are sitting back watching the 5.0's go mid 11's with full boltons
Correct, welcome to 2012.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny how this mouth breather said he put several cars on a new 5.0 awhile back. Few believed his stupid ***, and even less really cared. So he goes and finds a guy that has owned this mustang for only a couple months, or so the story goes. Seems fishy with the owner of this 5.0 joining his local forum only to converse with mystic and back up his story, and then vanishes into thin air. Curious also, that his youtube page has two brand new videos on this 5.0 and other than that all he has done is watch/comment on video game vids since 2009.

So leave it to Mystic/Verz/Fury/(insert username here) to find the newest mustang noob he can find. Jump the dig like a ricer while the noob mustang owner sleeps on the line, then get his *** handed to him by this noob twice on a roll, yet claim victory? And then, lets count all the excuses, shitty tires, 87 oct, road gets wider, Mystic is in his WORST spot while the 5.0 is in his absolute BEST (he's only used that last one about 100 times). And the kicker? If you're stupid enough to look past all these obvious issues, you're butthurt about it. It's really pathetic how much this means to him also, seeing as how he has posted this BS on every forum he could find.

The funny thing is, just like on the mustang forums, this thread here started out about him and his trolling BS, and quickly changed topics to something more interesting. On the inside, I'm sure he is ashamed of himself.

Last edited by Srt4King; 09-06-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Redfire 03

Fwiw, the fastest cam-only LS cars run big cams like the MS3/4, T-rex, Vindicator, Polluter etc. Big cams work great in a properly setup car.
Thats what i always see. Which is why i made my previous comment off it.

Originally Posted by evangto87
unless your stock tune has gone incredibly lean and is detonating bad, i dont see you getting 20whp from a tune. 5-10 is likely. A mid 230s cam is a good choice for cam only setups as long as you have the supporting mods to use it (4.10s).
Your right, the more i think about it the less i feel like spending $500 now to gain that power.

Originally Posted by evangto87
A properly setup big cam car turns them into **** when driving on the street... again, ive done it. I had the MS4 cam as a cam only setup. Ive had a Raptr cam, ive had a 224 cam, ive had an ls6 cam..etc etc. My gto had been turned into a race car because it was absolute trash to drive around on the street. It was an animal at WOT... but everything in between sucked. Was in no way practical. The setup in that car worked great...again...at WOT.
What was so terrible about it? The lack of torque? lol im used to torqueless cars, as you guys know this already.

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
If I did it over I would have gotten a AI custom cam or a cam from Futural-the Comp cams quality control is terrible. My cam is right on-I have seen others by Comp that were not.

[IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x241/Mike92LX/Camaro/Photo101.jpg[/IMG

That's easy with stock heads and a M6 car like yours.

Yeah i was thinking about getting a custom grind cam. But there are so many options i have no idea who to look to. I know studderin traped 120-123 with a fairly stock car with a new era street sweeper cam with 4.10s or 4.56s IIRC.

My car is a stripper aswell, only option is power driver seat, and T-tops.

119mph? Good look with accomplishing that with a smaller sized cam. It can be done but it takes some real effort. However, something along the lines of a Vindicator, T-rex will do that with a 4.10 gear and a good efficient 4000+ converter. Keep in mind shelf cams like that were designed to take full advantage of the stock heads.
I wouldn't mind going with a t-rex but from what i read its very very close as far as p2v clearance, and i really don't want to cut reliefs. Seen some MS3 cars do it. Ill be droping some weight here and there but by NO means turning it into a race car, its my daily. AC is staying, P/S, Full interior so on so forth. I might get some f1spec buckets though in the future, we should help alot.

Originally Posted by Srt4King
Funny how this mouth breather said he put several cars on a new 5.0 awhile back. Few believed his stupid ***, and even less really cared. So he goes and finds a guy that has owned this mustang for only a couple months, or so the story goes. Seems fishy with the owner of this 5.0 joining his local forum only to converse with mystic and back up his story, and then vanishes into thin air. Curious also, that his youtube page has two brand new videos on this 5.0 and other than that all he has done is watch/comment on video game vids since 2009.

So leave it to Mystic/Verz/Fury/(insert username here) to find the newest mustang noob he can find. Jump the dig like a ricer while the noob mustang owner sleeps on the line, then get his *** handed to him by this noob twice on a roll, yet claim victory? And then, lets count all the excuses, shitty tires, 87 oct, road gets wider, Mystic is in his WORST spot while the 5.0 is in his absolute BEST (he's only used that last one about 100 times). And the kicker? If you're stupid enough to look past all these obvious issues, you're butthurt about it. It's really pathetic how much this means to him also, seeing as how he has posted this BS on every forum he could find.

The funny thing is, just like on the mustang forums, this thread here started out about him and his trolling BS, and quickly changed topics to something more interesting. On the inside, I'm sure he is ashamed of himself.
THIS is what over analyzing is. Not that serious.

Last edited by adamantium; 09-06-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Money to money any day of the week. Got 3 k in a stock motor that runs 9 on motor pump gas good lucky doing that with a ford. Man look am not her to put down on ford we just got threw building a small block ford 4.89 1/8 mile put we could have done it for less mony with a big block chevy or Ls base. Proven fact. Come to the drag raidel shoot out in south gorgie race no mode motor there the only ford motor u will see will be push rod motor and he will get his *** kick. The only small block that will do any thing will be a Ls base motor around low 4.50 to high 4.40 if we are lucky. But the Chevy big blocks will take it home
Old 09-06-2012, 02:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
My car is a stripper aswell, only option is power driver seat, and T-tops.
Is it an actual 1SC or just low option car? Can you hit up a scale and post results?
Old 09-06-2012, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I bet those Mustangs had a substantial amount more mods done too. I remember the look on my stang buddies faces when LS1 guys were getting into the bottom 12's/high 11s with bolt-ons.
True, but that really doesn't matter. What mattered was who/what was winning races. Heck, foxbodies and SN95 Mustangs need A LOT of mods just to get to the LS1's stock power level. But then again a 350hp foxbody Mustang will run circles around a stock LS1 f-body (I say stock becasue we all know the LS1 actually makes ~350hp and not their underrated 305hp).
Old 09-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Is it an actual 1SC or just low option car? Can you hit up a scale and post results?
Its a low optioned cloth seat car, but always thought thats what a stripper was.

It has power windows and mirrors, but no traction control, no cruise, no leather, no power pass seat. Its also a formula so lighter trunk, and misc things. The title says 3380 without driver. Ive done some things here and there to drop weight. Has no heat shields underneath, no rear muffler, just TSP ORY 3 inch pump and magnaflow bullet, EGR and AIR delete, no air pump or lines or nothing.

Still got somethings here and there to remove.

Im going to drill holes or remove both bumper supports for sure, i needa remove my jack and spare, Plan on getting buckets in the near future aswell.

Will share my results though.

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
True, but that really doesn't matter. What mattered was who/what was winning races. Heck, foxbodies and SN95 Mustangs need A LOT of mods just to get to the LS1's stock power level. But then again a 350hp foxbody Mustang will run circles around a stock LS1 f-body (I say stock becasue we all know the LS1 actually makes ~350hp and not their underrated 305hp).

Sorry man but ive yet to see a bone stock LS1 make 350hp to the wheels. Thats full bolt on numbers. Unless you are talking about Flywheel HP.

Last edited by adamantium; 09-06-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Its a low optioned cloth seat car, but always thought thats what a stripper was.

It has power windows and mirrors, but no traction control, no cruise, no leather, no power pass seat. Its also a formula so lighter trunk, and misc things. The title says 3380 without driver. Ive done some things here and there to drop weight. Has no heat shields underneath, no rear muffler, just TSP ORY 3 inch pump and magnaflow bullet, EGR and AIR delete, no air pump or lines or nothing.

Still got somethings here and there to remove.

Im going to drill holes or remove both bumper supports for sure, i needa remove my jack and spare, Plan on getting buckets in the near future aswell.

Will share my results though.
Sounds good... I believe the title weight is dry?? Either way my Z28 has cruise but the same other options you listed. It's a t-top car so I'm sure I have some extra weight there. I came in at 3440 with a full tank, full weight (spare tire, jack, etc all in place) when I was stock. I've since changed out a few things and removed the air pump but I doubt I've changed much weight overall. Would be curious to see what yours weighs at the moment.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

I don't know about all the b.s. flags being raised. Hell just this weekend I was watching motorweek, and they were testing a 2013 auto 5.0 with the 3.73 rear gear option and they posted that it only went 13.5 @108. They even said it was substantially slower compared the 2012 Manual that they tested the year before.
Here is the link to the episode summary
http://www.motorweek.org/reviews/roa...rd_mustang_gt/
Old 09-06-2012, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

You're right, the more i think about it the less i feel like spending $500 now to gain that power.
If it were me and I'm presuming it is your DD, I would try to find a custom cam that worked well with stock heads and ls6 intake and find some 3.73s for cruising speed fuel economy. I'm sure you could always swing 4.10s though. All comes down to personal preference

Sorry man but ive yet to see a bone stock LS1 make 350hp to the wheels. Thats full bolt on numbers. Unless you are talking about Flywheel HP.
The low weight and M6 with cam-only should help you on your 119mph goal. Would be a pretty fun ride too.

I think he was talking flywheel hp as well, but I don't know why anyone would compare flywheel numbers

Quick Reply: MysticZ28 vs 2013 5.0