Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Honda vs Hiho..going down tonight -VIDEO ON PG 3-

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 09:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been thru there before... thats a haul...lol. you guys should come up for Imports vs Domestics... i think its the first weekend in November...

Originally Posted by 03turbomach1
Apple blossom mall is in Winchester. It takes about 2 and a half, 3 hours depending on traffic near 495
Old 09-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
I have been thru there before... thats a haul...lol. you guys should come up for Imports vs Domestics... i think its the first weekend in November...
I am busting my hump to get my motor freshened up and back in the car for this!! Finally found the right wheel spacers too...

Old 09-11-2012, 10:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
lol oops looks like i upset the HIO nutswinger again. You mean to tell me you cant figure out a general idea on how strong a car is by sound? A 250whp honda and a 500whp honda sound like 2 COMPLETELY different cars.

Im not trying to take anything away from HIO. Hes trapped 130. That in itself says how strong his car is so who cares about any street race. But realistically... a 400+whp honda.... typically around 2000 lbs(the norm) will trap north of 130... hell ive seen in person at the track, a 550whp honda trap 149. For the power that honda makes, even if hio jumped out hard on it, it should have come by it. But even the chase car passed the honda. But i wasnt there so im not gonna pick it apart.

Good kill either way.
It's not a 2000lb gutted hatch. It's a 4dr civic with a stereo and all. A decent street car really, though it don't have ac. Probably 2700lb or so would be my guess.
I know when you go Mike...lol. I wouldn't let you on the track with a cast either...lol. We can play on 301 tho...lol. Getting ready for trip to GA for the half mile event down there on the 22nd.
I would love to do the half mile!! Be sure to post up results.

Screw I vs D.....to many people in one spot for me.

MIR is right at a 3hr drive from my house. I venture there every now and again, but until I get my car to leave hard I can't really utilize the better track and air there.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol oops looks like i upset the HIO nutswinger again. You mean to tell me you cant figure out a general idea on how strong a car is by sound? A 250whp honda and a 500whp honda sound like 2 COMPLETELY different cars.
OK, that's it. I'm done with this sport for good! If I have to share it with people who ******* think you can tell how powerful a car is by the way it sounds I'm taking up a new hobby.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

443 on 16# ? Dynojet and a very happy one.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As stated at the beginning of the thread, Its a 2.0l. He bought my itr block, had it sleeved. B16 head. so on and so on. I believe it made over 400, but it is very peaking and has a narrow power band.

If you like to make a trip near or around winchester , I can show you the differance from 250hp and 500 hp. Or you can check out a stock Mach 1 on just 7 psi.
Yup that is def low boost #s for that setup.

443 on 16lbs ???? Why does that not sound right.
Just about what most 2.0 builds make on low boost. Friends 2.4l accord made 389whp on 10psi.

LMAO, 250hp with a build 2 liter on 16 lbs of boost, I think someones math is a little off.
lol exactly what i thought.

Also i can vouch for JK tuning ive seen some of the cars that have come out of that shop on honda-tech, very legit work.

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
443 on 16# ? Dynojet and a very happy one.
Nope.

Probably the turbo/setup in the civic is more effecient on more PSI.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hiho, any street civic not stupidly gutted with around 400whp I can see your car giving it Hell period with your car trap speed. Good kill.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adamantium
Yup that is def low boost #s for that setup.

Just about what most 2.0 builds make on low boost. Friends 2.4l accord made 389whp on 10psi.

lol exactly what i thought.

Also i can vouch for JK tuning ive seen some of the cars that have come out of that shop on honda-tech, very legit work.

Nope.

Probably the turbo/setup in the civic is more effecient on more PSI.
Ofc if he running 6262 I'm sure but to achieve that power must be high compression also must be running good fuel and he dynoing his car on a happy dyno.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sure his trq still in the 200+ mark.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
It's not a 2000lb gutted hatch. It's a 4dr civic with a stereo and all. A decent street car really, though it don't have ac. Probably 2700lb or so would be my guess.

I would love to do the half mile!! Be sure to post up results.

Screw I vs D.....to many people in one spot for me.

MIR is right at a 3hr drive from my house. I venture there every now and again, but until I get my car to leave hard I can't really utilize the better track and air there.
well 2700lb i can see you taking it the way it went down then. Its rare to see a full weight modded civic.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
OK, that's it. I'm done with this sport for good! If I have to share it with people who ******* think you can tell how powerful a car is by the way it sounds I'm taking up a new hobby.
i wish you were local...
Old 09-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Launching!

i wish you were local...
Trust me, no you don't.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
Ofc if he running 6262 I'm sure but to achieve that power must be high compression also must be running good fuel and he dynoing his car on a happy dyno.
Seems like a legit build though, no one just buys an ITR bottom to get it sleeved, thats spending extra $ to begin with for nothing.

My friends accord made that power on an ebay turbo with garret internals.

Another local guy made low 4s on 10psi with a forged stock sleeve b16. He also had a precision turbo with a ram horn setup. But i have seen those numbers on low PSI quite often.

well 2700lb i can see you taking it the way it went down then. Its rare to see a full weight modded civic.
Its possible if its a full optioned EX 98-02 Civic sedan with a 200lb+ driver. Judging by the tail lights it probably is just that.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Teching In

i wish you were local...
Why do you wish that??
Old 09-11-2012, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why do you wish that??
dont worry about it... sometimes people need to get kicked off there self proclaimed pedestal..
Old 09-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by adamantium
Seems like a legit build though, no one just buys an ITR bottom to get it sleeved, thats spending extra $ to begin with for nothing.

My friends accord made that power on an ebay turbo with garret internals.

Another local guy made low 4s on 10psi with a forged stock sleeve b16. He also had a precision turbo with a ram horn setup. But i have seen those numbers on low PSI quite often.

Its possible if its a full optioned EX 98-02 Civic sedan with a 200lb+ driver. Judging by the tail lights it probably is just that.
Your right, your right and your right again sir.

The itr was in my hatch for years, nitrous and turboed. Took all that **** off, it broke a retainer and drop a valve all motor. The civic owner bought it from me and had to have to sleeved and decked due to the dropped valve.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

... For the power that honda makes, even if hio jumped out hard on it, it should have come by it. But even the chase car passed the honda. But i wasnt there so im not gonna pick it apart.

Good kill either way.
Ironic that you actually do attempt to pick it apart.

i will humbly back out from this thread before it turns into an argument. Cheers
Interesting way of humbly backing out

Originally Posted by Redfire 03

What "sounds" right to you??? How did my car sound on tape, guess my power # by sound..lmao
Who needs dynos? I'm opening a shop to start tuning cars with my ears. My car sounds like 420rwhp through the exhaust but with the cut-out open it screams to the tune of 507rwhp
Old 09-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Banned

Your right, your right and your right again sir.

The itr was in my hatch for years, nitrous and turboed. Took all that **** off, it broke a retainer and drop a valve all motor. The civic owner bought it from me and had to have to sleeved and decked due to the dropped valve.
Damn intense, those ITR motors from factory are pretty damn solid. Musta been reving to the moon if you broke a retainer! lol my friend got valve float on his stock b16 reving past 9k on 12psi of boost when we pulled the head of it was some serious damage. When we pulled the turbo manifold there were chunks of the valves just chillen there LOL. But yeah looks like you came up though! lol
Old 09-11-2012, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey your wheels are on backwards...lol. j/k... what turbo you running? Looks nice! Gotta couple that come out some weekends to play and i just die watching them turn on slicks with no power steering pump...lol

Originally Posted by LS AzZkIkr
I am busting my hump to get my motor freshened up and back in the car for this!! Finally found the right wheel spacers too...

Old 09-11-2012, 01:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

03turbo had a momentary laps of reason when he started messin with that honda hatch he had. I still can't believe I road in that pos to a skins game. God what a horrible car.

On a side note 03turbo's car has trapped as high as 122. Good running car also.

Quick Reply: Honda vs Hiho..going down tonight -VIDEO ON PG 3-