Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2v + more boost = puppy kicked Cobalt SS/TC

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 12:05 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll tell you what; slow or not I still want a '96-'98 Cobra. I know exactly what I would do to it. Or a '98 GT to PI-swap... have a soft spot for those.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:17 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike with the kill.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Sure. Look at Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords Superfly-an AUTHORITY on Mustangs. Fastest on with heads,cam and intake(second motor by the way) and 456s was high 11s. Jerry Green went 11.4 with heads,cam and intake on a 01 Cobra. Paul Svinkinky went low 11s too with a 01 heads cam and full weight

Here is my car with bolt ons....full weight jack and spare in the car

My car went low 11s CAM ONLY. Full weight with all sway bars on it,stock wheels and spare tires and jack in it. In the summer

Now it has heads-mid 11s? Try 10.7s with same set up so learn how to read. Mid 11s NOOOOOOO don't think so.. More bullshit like everything else you post.

Head cam LS1 running 12s-RIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTT. That is real normal lol.

My car is not a good running LS1 but still waxed all three of them mentioned up top that are owned BY EXPERTS, will WAX you and your 3000 pound **** box. Got my car from a 13 second ride to a 10 second ride in a year-much faster than you and after years of posting how fast you would be. If 4 valve were so easy to make fast you would see more of them-you don't. BTW my Camaro is one of my slower cars so attacking that is pretty silly if you are trying to insult me. And yes I have come in first many times since 1992-want me to take pics of my trophy case????? How many times have you come in first? Maybe by posting FAKE timeslips on svt forums I guess....

4 valves can't compete with LS1s 90 percent of the time in your average modded street car. PERIOD. Run your car and Ill run mine and Ill prove it to your personally.
Oh how I can't wait to make you eat your words with a budget built 4v lol bring that car down to the coast I am sure you could win another trophy with all these slow hick cars lol also 11.48 is not low 11s and wow it traped 5 mph higher them my mild bolton 4v lol

Last edited by automach1; 09-19-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 480 Likes on 377 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Auto that's pretty good for a full weight car and not even full bolt-on's when Mike did that. Your Ford won't get there in the same shoes.

Back to the head flow for a second, from what I've seen the coyote heads flows about the same as ls3 heads......not 400+cfm

P.s.....it's national pirate speaking day.......aaarrrgggg!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I'll tell you what; slow or not I still want a '96-'98 Cobra. I know exactly what I would do to it. Or a '98 GT to PI-swap... have a soft spot for those.
I do too(96-98) Cobra. Full exhaust,410s,built rear and a 8 pound blower would make a fun car if I had one.

Originally Posted by automach1
Oh how I can't wait to make you eat your words with a budget built 4v lol bring that car down to the coast I am sure you could win another trophy with all these slow hick cars lol also 11.48 is not low 11s and wow it traped 5 mph higher them my mild bolton 4v lol

Which of my cars is a "slow" hick car? You are the one in a hick state not me. My car is faster than yours. PERIOD. With the same mods. PERIOD. I didn't even have a Fast Intake,K member,EWP blah blah. And yes 11.48 is low elevens. And yes my LS1 is not one of the better running ones. Blah blah I will have jet engine on my car next year....what do you have NOW? You been spouting off that nonsense for years. So post some slips and videos of your car running the numbers. You are not fooling anyone with your outlandish statements. I have no problem with a 4 valve-they can be fast. But your claims are stretched with hyperboles big time and you know it.

Here maybe this will make you feel better since it was with a Mustang...stock 302 block,stock internals blah blah back in 2000. Stock wheels,sway bars on,ac,ps and full interior...

Old 09-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Banned

I do too(96-98) Cobra. Full exhaust,410s,built rear and a 8 pound blower would make a fun car if I had one.

Which of my cars is a "slow" hick car? You are the one in a hick state not me. My car is faster than yours. PERIOD. With the same mods. PERIOD. I didn't even have a Fast Intake,K member,EWP blah blah. And yes 11.48 is low elevens. And yes my LS1 is not one of the better running ones. Blah blah I will have jet engine on my car next year....what do you have NOW? You been spouting off that nonsense for years. So post some slips and videos of your car running the numbers. You are not fooling anyone with your outlandish statements. I have no problem with a 4 valve-they can be fast. But your claims are stretched with hyperboles big time and you know it.

Here maybe this will make you feel better since it was with a Mustang...stock 302 block,stock internals blah blah back in 2000. Stock wheels,sway bars on,ac,ps and full interior...

I was referring too the slow hick cars down here as in you would not take a trophy home if you where to run in the local street car shootouts in a mid 11sec camaro lol I have something going together soon don't wory about it I am sure your mid 11sec camro can handle a 4v. The ls1 myth gets larger by the day lol so your fastest car is a ford hmmm that should tell you something. I am yet to understand how you guys claim its superior but can't back it up because at the end of the day 4.6 4v has went faster then lsx anything.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Question Automach... Not trying to get into the battle but...

Where you there or not? If you were there wouldn't you have seen it vice being told? . I would love to you see what your building to run any of Mikes car... I don't know you or Mike personally but it sounds like a dayum good race in the making... Will you be ready by the end of the season? I think MIR shuts down at the end of November this year... When do the tracks down there close?

Yea let's not go there because we know how that ends with the 4v on top. I have being doing it long enough to know that I will take a well built 4v setup over a lsx anyday. To each his own I have been to plenty of the late night street car battles and the last one I went too a 4500lb lightning was runnnig the show on low boost from what I was told
Old 09-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
Question Automach... Not trying to get into the battle but...

Where you there or not? If you were there wouldn't you have seen it vice being told? . I would love to you see what your building to run any of Mikes car... I don't know you or Mike personally but it sounds like a dayum good race in the making... Will you be ready by the end of the season? I think MIR shuts down at the end of November this year... When do the tracks down there close?
I was there but I can't tell for sure If it was on low boost the old setup ran high 8s. Yea its starting too look thaty way. The tracks down here only close below a certain temputure besides that thy are open all year.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

My car is not mid 11s automach. Run your car this weekend. Ill run mine. Blah blah a 4 valve is slower stock to stock. And with same mods. My car went faster than you with bolt ons. I don't street race my Camaro. I have three others for that.....
Old 09-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Old 09-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Banned

My car is not mid 11s automach. Run your car this weekend. Ill run mine. Blah blah a 4 valve is slower stock to stock. And with same mods. My car went faster than you with bolt ons. I don't street race my Camaro. I have three others for that.....
Ok 11.48. My car only had a few boltons on it when it traped 112. Blah blah blah what does street racing have to do with anything? So what's your fastest racecar then?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 AM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Auto you need to go run your car or atleast post up some dyno **** of or .

I would love to see some decent #'s for it, but your up against a wall dealing with a n/a mod motor. Mod for mod it won't hang with the ls stuff period. Now that does'nt mean it can't be quick, but it deos mean it won't be as as quick as a comparable ls.

And stop all this yakkin about race car crap, I could car less what either engine/car has done as far as records go.....only what mine does and what I can back up with it.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Banned

Like I said I will post the results of the n/a combo. I am going a diffrent route with my car. Yea I don't blame ya for not wanting to see who truly is superior.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Banned

Like I said I will post the results of the n/a combo. I am going a diffrent route with my car. Yea I don't blame ya for not wanting to see who truly is superior.
You've been at it since ive joined this forum, is it really that hard to get a mustang into the 11s on muscle?
Old 09-19-2012, 12:15 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I know which one is superior. I have yet to have a mod motor out run me.....and I have a stock ls6. More than likely yours would'nt either.....hence your change of direction and still no solid #'s.

I know there are modulars that can outrun me before the ford crowd gets their panties bunched up. I even have a friend with on that could. But it's a fully built whippled ported heads 03 cobra. I would expect a fully built almost anything to outrun me.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Banned

I also know which is superior when I was running cam lsx cars with mild boltons lol
Old 09-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Banned

lold i decimated a geared full bolt and tuned (minus longtubes) 4v cobra with the 4 mods i have bellow. Your car with bolt ons wouldn't hold a candle to a cammed LSx.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:58 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I also know which is superior when I was running cam lsx cars with mild boltons lol
Cool....then we both know you got beat alot.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Nothin above matters anyway cuz my peepee is bigger.

I kid i kid

Carry on :-)
Old 09-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by adamantium
lold i decimated a geared full bolt and tuned (minus longtubes) 4v cobra with the 4 mods i have bellow. Your car with bolt ons wouldn't hold a candle to a cammed LSx.
Full bolton minus longtubes lol the myth lives on

Quick Reply: 2v + more boost = puppy kicked Cobalt SS/TC