Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98 ls1 camaro vs 02 saleen mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Good kill, man!
Good 60' too. 1.84 is pretty good for a dr.

Do you know the 60' for the Stang when he ran the 12.3's? Just wondering if he would have been able to run with you on DRs? I guess it depends on what kind of 60'ft he had.
pretty sure it was a 2.0 on nitro zr extreme street tires so i think he did really well it being his 2nd time ever to the track and a 6 speed lol
Old 11-09-2013, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MN_V
Nice work. Stalled auto and DR's are mean machines from a dig. What track is that? It looks like you and your friends are the only people there, that's awesome.
There was pry 20+ cars i think we just hit this pass at a down time haha its no limits raceway in morocco indiana
Old 11-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Damn i wish we had DA's like that around here.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Good work OP! Looks like you've had your hands full modding that Camaro, and nicely done at that. Well done.

Originally Posted by high impact
I think the saleen driver is bench racing more then all the posters here combined in this thread so I don't see him stepping up anytime soon - I agree, they just need to go race. ;-) BTW - I am the op's dad and will pay for the entrance fee at the track if these boys get their act together soon. lol
Saleen driver bench racing, that may have been true. The OP started a bench racing thread to begin with, and there was another section dedicated to exactly that. Honestly, both were bench racing.

Originally Posted by high impact
I bet the op would go race right now - one way or the other it's still fun. He wants to DR and STALL it before the race BUT responsibilities come first which is very grown up of him...were you ever a 17 year old kid who actually paid to play? Quit busting his chops.
Absolutely! I was the OP's age (back in the late '90s) when I purchased my first hotrod all on my own and modded it with my hard earned money, every single penny. Never even had anyone that would pay the entry fee at the track for me.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:32 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks guys! And I'm really glad with how the car ran on the spray I still can't believe I ran a 11.22 being 18! I have worked my *** off for this car but I couldn't have done it without my dad being a mechanic 20 years ago and his tools! Haha and his tires on the 11.22 pass LOL
Old 11-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroFreakls1
Thanks guys! And I'm really glad with how the car ran on the spray I still can't believe I ran a 11.22 being 18! I have worked my *** off for this car but I couldn't have done it without my dad being a mechanic 20 years ago and his tools! Haha and his tires on the 11.22 pass LOL
You're one step ahead of many having a dad who is a mechanic. Learn what you can from your dad while you can.
My dad was a machinist during the day and a mechanic at night (2 jobs). I was always amazed at how talented he was when it came to mechanical devices and figuring things out. He made everything look easy.

I have such great respect for talented people who work with their hands. It is almost becoming a lost art in our society today especially when young kids are being pushed to go to college instead of learning a trade.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

OP, nice run. How was the conversation after the race?
Old 11-10-2013, 06:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DarkblueTA
OP, nice run. How was the conversation after the race?
I think I surprised him! lol he was cool about it! But I had to show and tell him I sprayed it lol and I helped him to run his new personal best! I think I found a car buddy! Even though it started with a lot of rumors and crap talk haha

Last edited by CamaroFreakls1; 11-10-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Quick Reply: 98 ls1 camaro vs 02 saleen mustang