Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

PSM's GSXR600 vs Quick01SS 403 Camaro vs Evan's Boss 302

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07 z71 silverado
I have a gopro and if you stay on his bumper from 40 to 125 then you trap 126-127 in the 1/4 if he traps 129. Something is not adding here
i said when he gave me the hit. As in my car jumps out about half a car then he has to stop my pull.. then he comes by me and puts a car length on me. Thats a significant pull. Ive done a lot of different scenarios, been doing this with these guys a while in different cars. If you give someone the jump, its takes a lot to stop there pull and pull them back in. 40-125 is a short race. Had i gone into fifth gear and wound it out, he prob would have put a couple more cars on me.

Im heading up to the track next saturday. I expect to see some 121-122 traps out of my car. If i race a legit running 116 mph car, i only put a couple cars on him from 40-125. Keep in mind.. cars accelerate from 0-40mph too. Eliminating that part of the race eliminates his ability to pull me in that amount of time.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:59 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by evangto87
i said when he gave me the hit. As in my car jumps out about half a car then he has to stop my pull.. then he comes by me and puts a car length on me. Thats a significant pull. Ive done a lot of different scenarios, been doing this with these guys a while in different cars. If you give someone the jump, its takes a lot to stop there pull and pull them back in. 40-125 is a short race. Had i gone into fifth gear and wound it out, he prob would have put a couple more cars on me.

Im heading up to the track next saturday. I expect to see some 121-122 traps out of my car. If i race a legit running 116 mph car, i only put a couple cars on him from 40-125. Keep in mind.. cars accelerate from 0-40mph too. Eliminating that part of the race eliminates his ability to pull me in that amount of time.
Your saying you stayed within 2 cars of a car that traps 129 with him getting the hit. That does not add up man that means you are trapping at least 126.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 07 z71 silverado
Your saying you stayed within 2 cars of a car that traps 129 with him getting the hit. That does not add up man that means you are trapping at least 126.
Im not trapping 126. And he has trapped a best of 128.8. Like i said. 40-125 is a short race. It comes up quick. Its quite normal. Done a lot of roll racing. Thats why i call bs when people say the pull about 10 cars on something they trap 5mph more then. It takes ALOT of mph on someone to really leave them behind and throw a lot of cars on them. Most of the times online you will see a car with a few mph in the quarter with a better driver race a slightly less trapping car with a worse driver. Because of that bad driver, it looks like a beating. A few mph difference in 2 cars make a very tight race.

That vette i raced trapped 125.XX. You saw how close it was from 40-125. No hits, i was on his bumper by the end of the race. That car has about 3mph on me (predicted). This SS has 3 mph on that vette and put 2 cars on me by 125. See where im going with this? Properly driven cars all hang with each other fairly well.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking forward to seeing what it actually does....
i should be going back to the track this friday, IF i can straighten everything out.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Im not trapping 126. And he has trapped a best of 128.8. Like i said. 40-125 is a short race. It comes up quick. Its quite normal. Done a lot of roll racing. Thats why i call bs when people say the pull about 10 cars on something they trap 5mph more then. It takes ALOT of mph on someone to really leave them behind and throw a lot of cars on them. Most of the times online you will see a car with a few mph in the quarter with a better driver race a slightly less trapping car with a worse driver. Because of that bad driver, it looks like a beating. A few mph difference in 2 cars make a very tight race.

That vette i raced trapped 125.XX. You saw how close it was from 40-125. No hits, i was on his bumper by the end of the race. That car has about 3mph on me (predicted). This SS has 3 mph on that vette and put 2 cars on me by 125. See where im going with this? Properly driven cars all hang with each other fairly well.
No disrespect, but that SS freight trained you pretty good in that vid. It also sounded like he was either spinning or his clutch was slipping. Even without the hit I think he'd demolish you given all things equal.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

****'s getting to your head.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Coupe Dave
No disrespect, but that SS freight trained you pretty good in that vid. It also sounded like he was either spinning or his clutch was slipping. Even without the hit I think he'd demolish you given all things equal.

Spinning 2nd to 3rd it gad some clutch slippage when racing the bike from my foot resting on the pedal bad habbit
Old 10-22-2012, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey joe. Lets race one more time for these guys ey. 40-125. I get the the hit. Savvy? Rather then me give you the hit haha.

And we can film it with a real camera.. so people can see real results.. not come to the conclusions from bright lights and noises lmao.

Cant see why people dont understand that hes staying in it in these videos long after im out of gear. I watched those videos again... you legit cant see anything.

Last edited by evangto87; 10-22-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Day time race go pro on your car
Old 10-22-2012, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by quik01ss
Day time race go pro on your car
def day time.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StealthFRC
looking forward to seeing what it actually does....
i should be going back to the track this friday, IF i can straighten everything out.
ill be there this saturday. Wheels im using fit up fine today.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:43 AM
9 Second Club

hey joe. Lets race one more time for these guys ey. 40-125. I get the the hit. Savvy? Rather then me give you the hit haha.

And we can film it with a real camera.. so people can see real results.. not come to the conclusions from bright lights and noises lmao.

Cant see why people dont understand that hes staying in it in these videos long after im out of gear. I watched those videos again... you legit cant see anything.
U got freight trained by a car with ~100rwhp more than you...big deal. lol Don't know what you're trying to prove here exactly? That you don't LOSE as bad as people think you do?
Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?
U got freight trained by a car with ~100rwhp more than you...big deal. lol Don't know what you're trying to prove here exactly? That you don't LOSE as bad as people think you do?
His constant beating of poor drivers and bad setups is starting to get to him, I think.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?
yea im by no means trying to say my car is faster then his. He obviously has the much faster car. We have played around before. The videos are absolutely terrible and you cant hear or see anything. Just gonna do it again with a decent video. My point is to prove it takes a lot of mph to just leave someone like there stopped. People on here are under the impression you can put 10 cars on someone with only a car that traps 5mph more.

In a legit run with this SS.. both cars leaving at the exact same time with no one spinning and everyone hitting gears. He will pull me around roughly 2-2 1/2 cars from 40-125, which is a significant pull where i come from. And he would probably put another 2 cars on me from 125-165. Point is there is not a 5+ car difference from 40-125. And thats all im aiming to prove

Last edited by evangto87; 10-23-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
His constant beating of poor drivers and bad setups is starting to get to him, I think.
no thats incorrect. The vette didnt have a bad driver and trapped 125. Sure its down on power, but it was at the track too. Still trapped 125.

And you guys can justify the fifth gen being super slow from a bad driver. If i were driving both cars, i may have pulled back 2 car lengths in that SS. But thats it. His driving was not as bad as ls1tech seems to give it credit for. Maybe its just a way of justifying a fifth gen that doesnt run good for its power.. but either way.

Also screaminredz. He trapped 114 on motor and i managed to pull him on spray, he came by me on a bigger shot. But it seems like im not allowed credit because im racing all chevy cars and this is a chevy site. Maybe if i start beating 03/04 cobras, then ill get some credit. Idk. Maybe I shouldnt post anything on here anymore. Seems someone always has something to say even if me and the person i race is cool with it.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

You need to find a 470rwhp 5th gen like Rhinos. That 5th gen had a poor driver and poor setup. Guy was probably running a blower cam in an N/A setup.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

You need to find a 470rwhp 5th gen like Rhinos. That 5th gen had a poor driver and poor setup. Guy was probably running a blower cam in an N/A setup.
Saw his dyno sheet. Made ALOT more power and tq everywhere over the stock curve. Blower cam or not, power was there and everywhere. And id love to race a car like rhinos. But no one around here has one.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Saw his dyno sheet. Made ALOT more power and tq everywhere over the stock curve. Blower cam or not, power was there and everywhere. And id love to race a car like rhinos. But no one around here has one.
Every time I go after you I feel bad after because you're not a dick.

You ******* sandbigging dick.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Every time I go after you I feel bad after because you're not a dick.

You ******* sandbigging dick.
dont feel bad. Your right im not a dick... but I am an ******* .

I do talk my car down a lot. Almost raced another m6 cammed SS in CT. Said it just had an air intake and catback. Made 420hp. He didnt want to though
Old 10-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

you probably go up to people as say you have a CAI only s197 with converted bumper and boss decals.

Quick Reply: PSM's GSXR600 vs Quick01SS 403 Camaro vs Evan's Boss 302