Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Fighting above my weight class..RESULTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 04:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
You do realize I'm ******* with you.....

I mean. No I'm not.
**** your vette is slow.
durr
lol, someone actually took you seriously.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by good2go
You were serious about that.

OK, here's the deal. IF I was into quarter mile drag racing the car I might. The problem is the cost to go drag racing will be high as I already got my formal warning not to come back (and this was before I put in the nitrous) with out serious safety upgrades which will compromise my use of the Z06 as a street car. I don't want a cage, I don't want a total power shutoff switch on the back of the car, etc, etc. This is just a street car, and a nice one. It's purpose leans more towards road racing not drag racing, and an auto, while more consistent is nowhere near as fun as a manual tranny for me.
It's a nice street car at that. It's good you are able to hook pretty well with your setup on street tires.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
lol, someone actually took you seriously.

I must be getting better at this ****.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:12 PM
9 Second Club

Old 11-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

^your image don't work newb
Old 11-05-2012, 05:37 PM
9 Second Club

^works for me you saggy beef curtain. Probably because your Internet in Uganda can only support non animated photos or else the village burns down
Old 11-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

Wtf you think this is uzbekistan or nigeria ?

We only suffer a power outage. Burning down is so last year.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Here is my experience against a stock 13 GTR, I was 620whp another reason why something wrong with boss. Same results from a 20 roll. I just pulled way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0wsEcmwgLo

I don't know ohioborn. As they say "Your results may vary".

Here's the race between the Boss on NO SPRAY Vs the near stock 12 GT-R:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=U8hvkrj_oVs

How it looks to me: The supercharged Boss hits harder than the turbod GT-R. But the GT-R "appears" to be more even after it gets to full boost. What say you?
Old 11-06-2012, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

good2go nice job and nice races!!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Ohioborn: I believe I can explain why the results here are so different than what you have seen. The difference is that the Boss achieved the SAE horsepower with supercharging Vs the GT-R using turbochargers.

Supercharged motors with their fixed drive ratios lose as much hp in a percentage basis as a naturally apserated one where turbo motors do not lose as much. Turbo motors can spin up to the same boost at altitude where a supercharged engine can't. The Boss would have made 14-14.5 pounds of boost at sea level, but because of the DA was only making 12. Because of the DA at our location/weather conditions that 654 SAE BOSS was really only making 544 rwhp. Now how would that car do against a near stock GT-R?
Old 11-06-2012, 10:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by good2go
Ohioborn: I believe I can explain why the results here are so different than what you have seen. The difference is that the Boss achieved the SAE horsepower with supercharging Vs the GT-R using turbochargers.

Supercharged motors with their fixed drive ratios lose as much hp in a percentage basis as a naturally apserated one where turbo motors do not lose as much. Turbo motors can spin up to the same boost at altitude where a supercharged engine can't. The Boss would have made 14-14.5 pounds of boost at sea level, but because of the DA was only making 12. Because of the DA at our location/weather conditions that 654 SAE BOSS was really only making 544 rwhp. Now how would that car do against a near stock GT-R?
this is another reason to go turbo
Old 11-06-2012, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im sorry but that boss is broken lol. Even if that thing heatsoaked away 200whp or lost it all from DA, it should still roll on a stock GTR hard. It wasnt pulling the GTR at all. He hit it first and thats the only reason he was ahead of it. My car makes 300whp less then that boss and I would put money down that i would **** it off from a roll by being so close with it. Car is either broken or is lieing. That was terrible lol.

Nothing towards you Good2Go... I guess anything can happen on the street. Man i hope to somehow run into that boss on the highway lol
Old 11-06-2012, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

gt with boss bodykit?
Old 11-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Teching In

A GTR with different turbos is def gonna be making some jam. The stock ones can make near 600whp. Couple that with the transmission and they are just hard to catch
Old 11-07-2012, 01:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Yes you are a ricer. Can't you just Shut the **** up and appreciate the damn videos rather than hating on GT-R owners? That makes you a huge ricer just like 2SSARME.

Good2go is cool and I'm not trying to troll this guy's thread but when idiots like you who dropped out of high school talk **** it makes me laugh.
lol bud. no where was i saying i didnt appreciate the videos, and no where is 2SSARME a ricer. maybe your wernt here for the last time this thread was posted and it turned into a huge flame war between the community of ls1tech and the butthurt people of whatever gtr forum. maybe ill need to reiterate but again ive got nothing against a gtr, they are nice and i know for a fact one would whoop my stangs ***, but they just arnt all that impressive to me thats all. now your first comment sounded pretty much like you were here to start the flame war again so of course people will jump on you, and it does come off as ricer. which is why made a comment.

oh and as far as the "high school dropout" due to (in your perspective) improperly formatted and structured comments and responses, well i humbly apologize for being on my goddam android phone at the time which is hard enough to type as it is, and for gods sake this is the internet, i wasnt aware we were being graded on punctuation and grammer still. im sure not every post youve ever made has been perfect. which is again why i continued to talk **** to you because if all you have to go on is improper spelling and format then your reaching and just making yourself look like a friggen retard, and more of a ricer whos here to talk ****. but no i guess my degree in electrical engineering and current job as an avionics technician in the navy makes me a dumb, shittalking hick doesnt it?

Originally Posted by TheHitman
and this guy who can't even write posts a poorly written comment. I am going to say he dropped out of high school because what he wrote doesn't make sense.
again, see above. have a nice night.

Last edited by usnfenix; 11-07-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:58 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by usnfenix
oh and as far as the "high school dropout" due to (in your perspective) improperly formatted and structured comments and responses, well i humbly apologize for being on my goddam android phone at the time which is hard enough to type as it is, and for gods sake this is the internet
www.swype.com
Old 11-07-2012, 01:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
lol thanks man
Old 11-07-2012, 02:02 AM
***Repost Police***

I downloaded Swype before I downloaded Facebook and Yahoo Mail... it's a necessity. Half the time I'm on here (and basically everything from last October till about 3 months ago) I'm on my phone.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by usnfenix
lol bud. no where was i saying i didnt appreciate the videos, and no where is 2SSARME a ricer. maybe your wernt here for the last time this thread was posted and it turned into a huge flame war between the community of ls1tech and the butthurt people of whatever gtr forum. maybe ill need to reiterate but again ive got nothing against a gtr, they are nice and i know for a fact one would whoop my stangs ***, but they just arnt all that impressive to me thats all. now your first comment sounded pretty much like you were here to start the flame war again so of course people will jump on you, and it does come off as ricer. which is why made a comment.
The reason I called you a ricer is you came into a couple threads to instigate trouble by coming into a thread with said GT-R to talk crap. I make a comment towards Good2go (Not even a serious comment btw) and you come in and call me a ricer. What the **** is your problem? I don't come on these boards and troll. I post videos (some my own or my friends), give people a little insight on the platform and that is all, just like you would about Mustangs. I also post videos, win or lose.

I don't give a **** what you think about GT-Rs and in that case I don't find Mustangs impressive. So getting that out of the way, what does that have to do with anything?

I was here for the last thread and I got way out of hand. I think I was pretty cool during that one but seriously you come in and troll to start **** again? Give me a break.

oh and as far as the "high school dropout" due to (in your perspective) improperly formatted and structured comments and responses, well i humbly apologize for being on my goddam android phone at the time which is hard enough to type as it is, and for gods sake this is the internet, i wasnt aware we were being graded on punctuation and grammer still. im sure not every post youve ever made has been perfect. which is again why i continued to talk **** to you because if all you have to go on is improper spelling and format then your reaching and just making yourself look like a friggen retard, and more of a ricer whos here to talk ****. but no i guess my degree in electrical engineering and current job as an avionics technician in the navy makes me a dumb, shittalking hick doesnt it?

again, see above. have a nice night.
Like I said again, who cares.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Staging Lane

^^Stop being such a sandy vagina.

Jesus.
GTR owners are the most sentimental vaginas on Earth. You should all go congregate in WA now that they legalized homo marriage.

Quick Reply: Fighting above my weight class..RESULTS