cbr600 vs road

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Default cbr600 vs road

Not really a kill..Well it is a kill.
My 600 I sold a month ago...

Kid was 22. Died instantly I think. Hit a steel barrier or something. Unclear still. He was recently married and was expecting a kid in 5 days.

Just kinda shocked. I don't think I will be buying a liter bike like I planned anymore.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that just be careful with the liter bike and you will be fine
Old 11-08-2012, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry to see that. I had an R6 a few years back and loved it but I just couldn't take the chance anymore. Too many stupid drivers out there that never saw me.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:23 PM
***Repost Police***

Damn. That almost happened to me, so I consider myself to be lucky. Hope his wife/kid will be ok.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RIP rider.
In my neck of the woods, those corrugated steel barriers like they are hoisting him over are called "Manglers". I heard that nickname for them multiple times over the years as they pulled out numerous buddies of mine. You just cannot slide into one of those damn things without at the LEAST breaking a limb. Usually broken limbs and head trauma from when your body rotates hard after your legs slide into one of the 6x6 beams and start you spinning.

If you were friends with him, man the hell up and go to the funeral. Seriously, I don't give a **** what you want. YOU don't matter in this; do what is right and show up. In your car, I bet he'd of appreciated that. Been to half dozen funerals and skipped another 4 or 5 before forcing myself to go. All but one were from my sport bike riding friends who were lost while riding.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

Damn. That's awful.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
RIP rider.
In my neck of the woods, those corrugated steel barriers like they are hoisting him over are called "Manglers". I heard that nickname for them multiple times over the years as they pulled out numerous buddies of mine. You just cannot slide into one of those damn things without at the LEAST breaking a limb. Usually broken limbs and head trauma from when your body rotates hard after your legs slide into one of the 6x6 beams and start you spinning.

If you were friends with him, man the hell up and go to the funeral. Seriously, I don't give a **** what you want. YOU don't matter in this; do what is right and show up. In your car, I bet he'd of appreciated that. Been to half dozen funerals and skipped another 4 or 5 before forcing myself to go. All but one were from my sport bike riding friends who were lost while riding.
I wasn't friends with him. If I was I would go to the funeral. Just sad story man. He was good friends with a lot of close friends of mine. His baby is being born in 4-5 days.

I have a theory though that every car/bike is destined to be in some type of wreck. Could've easily been me on that bike in another way.

From the stories apparently instead of trying to absorb the hit on the "mangler" or slide into it, he tried to correct the bike and hit it head on, which then threw him off the bikes into the wood.

He died of a broken neck.

On its better days:
Old 11-09-2012, 12:08 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
He died of a broken neck.
Did I mention I feel lucky?

Old 11-09-2012, 09:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very sad to hear! RIP to a fellow rider. Was it his first bike?

Bikes are no joke, even the 600s of today have the power/weight of the racebikes of the 90s. Most guys are too "manly" to start on a 250/300 to get the fundamentals down, so instantly jump to these street legal racing machines and get hurt or killed.

That is one reason why I traded in my zx6r to a dealer instead of selling it. I would hate to sell it to some kid as their first bike then see them get hurt.

I wouldn't let it discourage you from getting what you want though. While accidents do happen, a huge percentage of them could have been avoided and you can't live your life scared of what "could" happen. People have slipped and fallen in the shower and ended up paralyzed for life, but that shouldn't stop you from taking showers.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats really sad, these are the reasons I always shy away from buying a bike. Seems to easy to end up like that. RIP
Old 11-09-2012, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Not really a kill..Well it is a kill.
My 600 I sold a month ago...

Kid was 22. Died instantly I think. Hit a steel barrier or something. Unclear still. He was recently married and was expecting a kid in 5 days.

Just kinda shocked. I don't think I will be buying a liter bike like I planned anymore.
Its so much easier to end up like that on a bike, its crazy. My friend used to work EMT out in southern U.S. (either in Georgia or Alabama) and he texted me this pic once of a bike rider that went into a farm's barbed fence.... I swore off bikes after that.

Originally Posted by ZFreie
Thats really sad, these are the reasons I always shy away from buying a bike. Seems to easy to end up like that. RIP
I agree. All the bike riders I've known, I've seen in casts.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Its so much easier to end up like that on a bike, its crazy. My friend used to work EMT out in southern U.S. (either in Georgia or Alabama) and he texted me this pic once of a bike rider that went into a farm's barbed fence.... I swore off bikes after that.
My dad used to be a police officer about fifteen years ago and has seen some crazy accidents, but one was of a motorcycle rider that he had to help clean up. He said they literally picked pieces of him up and put him in garbage bags.

Quick Reply: cbr600 vs road