Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Genesis vs 12 second Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Run! Ive always told the people i know that love the Genesis turbo 4 banger that they were nuts for not getting the 6 cyl.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:33 PM

turtle93, what should the driver of the LT1 have done for it to be "properly driven?"
Old 12-09-2012, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

the A4 secret is to clearly push the gas pedal through the floor board. You didnt know this? Its worth a few car lengths...
Old 12-09-2012, 05:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
How about we just talk about the race?
I think that the Genesis keeping pace with a 12 second Camaro is bad ***.
The Hyundai didn't win... I don't get this? This is exactly what I would have figured, just from looking at the traps. Camaro winning. By a huge margin, no... but winning, yes. What am I missing here?

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I can verify that this race happened. LT1 belongs to my brother.
Thats the bolt on, stock internal LT1, right?

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
So a 106mph trap lt1 beats up on ls1 regularly.

I see.
I'd say that that stock LT1 might run neck and neck with LS1 but I don't see it beating up on stock LS1s, unless of course they are in bad shape.

Originally Posted by ZFreie
Do you know the term integrity?
He's demolished that term.

Your **** gets old and tiresome. You're not funny anymore. You're not even entertaining because no one even takes you seriously. The **** you pulled ruined yourself on this site and these threads you keep making are just old and boring. Now go make another account and start over and make this place interesting again.
I'll agree on this. Not only the fact about the bullshit lie, Juice, but the fact that the GTR owner came in here to call you out on it. And not even just that, but the fact that he let us know about your plans for a 'viral video', which means that any video you put up could be you telling the other driver "Keep up with me" or "Let me pass you at the end". That fact you are trying to be Mr. Hollywood in street racing has killed your credibility, IMO. Yes, its just my opinion, but don't expect any 'Good kills' and 'Honorable deaths' from me. To me, you're just full of ****.

Originally Posted by crazyelf
I don't get it. So a 106 trap camaro beat a 104 trap genesis. Seems about right, is there an argument here I'm not seeing?
oh and juice what is your definition of beating up on an ls1 car? To me beating up means it pulls them by quite a bit with ease.
LOL I thought this same thing.

So let's recap.

Genesis beats a4 LS1 from ~50 roll by about a car. This is BS cuz no videos
Same thing with a Mach-1, BS cuz no videos.

Regal stays even on a short burst from 60-100 with h/c LS1 while running 10psi. BS no videos

Video posted of Genesis running with a 12 second a4 Camaro. Not impressed, stock LS1's run 12.6.

Love it!
I agree that stock LS1s will not run 12.6 at all. They will run low 13s and trap about 106ish. All that means though, is that I highly doubt you'd be beating a stock LS1, because although the LT1 launched well and hooked and run a 12.9, its trap is about on par with an LS1, which means I don't think it'll be 'beating up' on LS1s. No offense to its owner.

Originally Posted by birner88
I feel like one guy can totally ruin a cars name smh
I find it amazing when one guy can ruin 2 car's names. Regal and Genesis both.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Walk around the coupe. But then again like I said later in that post that lt1 might be stock other than Suspension mods witch would explain the good time with such low trap speed.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by turtle93
Open challenge to any stock v6 genius coupe in my area I will show you what it looks like to race a properly driven lt1 car
I suspect that lt1 car is still stock minus suspension to make it launch hard
A bolt-on LT1 auto Z28 on a tire setup that make the 3.42s act as 3.23s running 12's sounds about as properly driven to me as you can get...
Originally Posted by hugger1975
I loved my lt1.
I was yound and naive....only thing done was straight pipes.
Ran 14.3 @ 100.

Sounded though
Yeah, my LT's, ORY, and loud mouth 2 catback were definitely NOT quiet

Lol all you want I'm serious better bring a faster car than that z28 or my 160,000 mile bolt on lt1 will make it look silly might even make your regal look silly if I get serious and take car out of dd mode
A bolt-on LT1 running 12's still isn't bad at all... You must be spraying to think so
Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
turtle93, what should the driver of the LT1 have done for it to be "properly driven?"

My thoughts exactly
Old 12-09-2012, 05:42 PM

But then again like I said later in that post that lt1 might be stock other than Suspension mods witch would explain the good time with such low trap speed.
What's you're definition of stock?
Old 12-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Teching In

I am the owner of this LT1 and yes this race really happened.
My car is a 1994 Z28 a4 with CAI, airfoil, 160 thermostat, 3:42 gears, shorty BBK's headers, OR y-pipe, and magnaflow catback. As my brother stated, I have tall Mickey Thompson tires that hurt gearing but I'm not complaining because it launches pretty good. Also the front has Eibach lowering springs but not the back due to the taller tires. The car has not been tuned since any of the work has been done so it could definitely be running better but once again I'm not complaining, it is what it is and I'm ok with it for now since I'm swapping motors this winter. However that being said, anyone that dosent think it is a strong running LT1 A4 running 12.9 untuned with a stock converter dosent know LT1s too well.

Also I have beaten a couple LS1 Fbodys from a 2nd gear roll on the highway. Whether you want to believe me or not is up to you. I'll see if I can find any of the videos. If so I'll post them up.

Anyways just wanted to let you guys know that me and my car are in fact real and now you know the specifics on my car. No point in me recapping my opinion of the race since you guys can all see it for yourself and discuss. Carry on.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

First:

More weight, crappy octane make juices car run faster
now untuned lt1s are impressive

where the **** are these forums going to?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm reopening this thread for Quasar13Z28 (the LT1 owner). I believe he should get to enjoy his race thread, regardless of the drama surrounding its OP (Ju1ce). He doesn't get a lot of vids up here and I don't see this thread being too out of control yet. I can also verify the LT1's info and times are accurate.

Continue with the discussion. If it gets out of control, it will be relocked. If any mods or admin have an issue, just PM me and we can take care of it.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 12-10-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Someone didn't watch the video lol

I apologize... didn't realize I was dealing with someone who has no brain cells.
i didnt need to watch it.

YOU SAID the camaro at the dragstrip ran 12.9 and the genesis was a 13.xx

then you said the camaro WON the highway race.

then YOU said that what you run at the track doesnt matter, basically trying to say the genesis won.

but it didnt.

oh and as for brain cells,
Your mom shouldve swallowed you!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
That LT1 isn't pulling much harder/if any than a 2V with the same mods. But we all know that a bolt on 2V will decimate a stock LS1 up top.
but but...its trapping 106!!!!!!!

FWIW it is a strong LT1 car..but its barely faster than a stock LS1 and if you look at the track slip I'm willing to bet good money it's getting it done in the 1/8th and would be losing ground on the 2nd half against a stock LS1 car. Not being a dick here...I owned an LT1 car for far too long..until I had the heads ported the top end on it was lacking. Even after tossing in a donkey dick cam like the cc306 it was only making bolt on ls1 numbers. The only thing this thread did was put more holes in the Genesis beating an LS1 theory.

Last edited by S8ER95Z; 12-10-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Teching In

2SSARME, I'm not saying you should be impressed by my LT1. I'm saying that it ran good for what it is. So calm down there big guy.

Also that 2012 SS that I raced at the track in that video had full bolt-ons according to its owner. The guy clearly was a bad driver
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Quasar13Z28
I am the owner of this LT1 and yes this race really happened.
My car is a 1994 Z28 a4 with CAI, airfoil, 160 thermostat, 3:42 gears, shorty BBK's headers, OR y-pipe, and magnaflow catback. As my brother stated, I have tall Mickey Thompson tires that hurt gearing but I'm not complaining because it launches pretty good. Also the front has Eibach lowering springs but not the back due to the taller tires. The car has not been tuned since any of the work has been done so it could definitely be running better but once again I'm not complaining, it is what it is and I'm ok with it for now since I'm swapping motors this winter. However that being said, anyone that dosent think it is a strong running LT1 A4 running 12.9 untuned with a stock converter dosent know LT1s too well.

Also I have beaten a couple LS1 Fbodys from a 2nd gear roll on the highway. Whether you want to believe me or not is up to you. I'll see if I can find any of the videos. If so I'll post them up.

Anyways just wanted to let you guys know that me and my car are in fact real and now you know the specifics on my car. No point in me recapping my opinion of the race since you guys can all see it for yourself and discuss. Carry on.
Can you do me a favor and teach Ju1ce to be as humble as this post indicates that you are?

The problem is that Ju1ce comes in here with a chip on his shoulder acting like his **** don't stink saying he would puppy kick mustangs that run 11.0's with his regal or saying that ls1's are **** because he ran a 13.5 in someone else's gen coupe. Guy needs to get over himself.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Why do bike riders get to be mods on an LS1 site...

That's like if they make me a mod over on Vespastreetracing.com or something.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:36 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I lol'd
Old 12-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Launching!

that track looks like ATCO....PM me next time you guys are heading down there...

edit: it all makes sense now....since that gen ran at atco, judging for people's attire at that run, it was a cold night at ATCO (which typically has potential for ultra low DA's) and i'm assuming that DA that night was at least -1000...
Old 12-10-2012, 09:44 AM
11 Second Club

Can we ban Juice? I've never seen such a bigger moron on this board. Geeeze
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 AM
10 Second Club

PSM had a mid 11s @120+ LS1 camaro when he was made a mod.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ill post some videos ive found

1st skip to 1:50
his quickest time in a 2013 is 13.5x

http://youtu.be/Vxkfg2IZmAA

2nd Best time here is 13.7, and the STI is the one that obtained it.

http://youtu.be/yk5gcBFhsM8

3rd and a big **** You to Ju1ce is Motortrend. genesis lost to a mustang GT and 370.

http://youtu.be/77MstcS02Z8

Quick Reply: Genesis vs 12 second Camaro