Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Regal vs G8 GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantaZm
STFU Ju1ce lol I'd face the GoPro backwards for you
You tryin to film the asphalt rollin by?
Old 12-15-2012, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I'd say 3-4 judging by the video. Have you made any chances since then?
Wow, that's a lot more than I thought I remembered lol. The biggest thing I have done since our run was making a lock-up switch. Unlike your new-fangled transmission controllers and PCMs, my ECM won't lock-up the torque converter under WOT. I have to manually lock it up using a switch to ground it out for the circuit to be completed. Under WOT I was slipping about 17% through the torque converter. There is a HUGE difference when the converter is locked now.. It pulls very hard. Other than that, I have messed with the fuel tables and leaned it out so more, added some timing. Nothing REALLY significant. This winter I was considering putting together a 4.1L engine in-case I blow this one up (which I will eventually...) and adding a TE-45a turbo to it. That would be good for about 550 wheel.

Zack

P.S. Would you mind sending me the file for the video? I know its not on Youtube and I will not put it up there. I just want to watch it again lol.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
So what do suppose you would trapp at about 3140?
Holy **** imma get a boner just thinking about it. Id imagine close to 130mph...

Funny thing is i also use a dyno dynamics dyno and we make almost the same power. So if 3140 is your weight my guesstimate seems spot on...

Ive always thought your trap speeds were BS. Its just hard to imagine a ls6 with a stock cam and heads trapping that high when stock c5z's weight about the same with the same engine and trap no where near a 130mph. Guess it is possible tho now looking at it in this perspective.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
Holy **** imma get a boner just thinking about it. Id imagine close to 130mph...

Funny thing is i also use a dyno dynamics dyno and we make almost the same power. So if 3140 is your weight my guesstimate seems spot on...

Ive always thought your trap speeds were BS. Its just hard to imagine a ls6 with a stock cam and heads trapping that high when stock c5z's weight about the same with the same engine and trap no where near a 130mph. Guess it is possible tho now looking at it in this perspective.
Thanks.....lmao
Old 12-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
What's next up for the GTO?
Not positive yet...but most likely a new intake manifold first. Then I may look into a clutch.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by QuickShift
Not positive yet...but most likely a new intake manifold first. Then I may look into a clutch.
One word: Textralia.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ive always like Mcleod. My buddies with the cammed ls2 gto had a spec in his car. Thing sucked. He changed to a mcleod rst clutch...saved 16lbs, and it drives like a stock clutch
Old 12-17-2012, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
Ive always like Mcleod. My buddies with the cammed ls2 gto had a spec in his car. Thing sucked. He changed to a mcleod rst clutch...saved 16lbs, and it drives like a stock clutch
Between SRZ and I, we've had clutches from most of the major manufacturers, multiples of some, and I liked my Textralia the best by far (bolt-on to H/C all motor LS1's, anyways).

That said, the price could be overkill if he's planning on keeping it near stock to just bolt-ons for a long time.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Between SRZ and I, we've had clutches from most of the major manufacturers, multiples of some, and I liked my Textralia the best by far (bolt-on to H/C all motor LS1's, anyways).

That said, the price could be overkill if he's planning on keeping it near stock to just bolt-ons for a long time.
thats true. My thought process has always just been "buy it once". Even if its overkill... you know you have head room for later on mods.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Teching In

I have a Monster stage 3 in my firebird and I can't complain about the way it feels. Then again, RJ's got the Textralia and it's awesome. The GTO being an Aussie car to begin with, it would only feel right doing a textralia lol. But it is pricey like you said if I'm not going too radical with the car. Time will tell.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by QuickShift
I'm not going too radical with the car. Time will tell.
BBBbbbOOOoooOOOoooSSSsssTTTttt
Old 12-17-2012, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Freakin LOVE my textrelia......its like butta....unmatched in regards to takeup control and lack of chatter
Old 12-17-2012, 05:33 PM

I've been happy with my Monster Level 3, but it's hard to argue with the zero break in period of the Textrilia. Monster is the only clutch company I've heard of that admitted there was an issue with their product, and went out of their way to fix it. Then again, I've never heard of anyone having an issue with a Textrilia.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Staging Lane

I have a mcleod rxt in my vette and absolutely love it, stock pedal pressure and a nice engagement window, and its not an on/off switch like some other clutches I have had.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06cobaltSS
I have a mcleod rxt in my vette and absolutely love it, stock pedal pressure and a nice engagement window, and its not an on/off switch like some other clutches I have had.
thats the twin disk. Typically to get a single disk to bite hard, it needs to be an on/off switch. Thats why i like the mcleod. Ill be putting an RXT in the boss. My car comes with a mcleod twin factory but ive heard the pressure plates suck
Old 12-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

thats the twin disk. Typically to get a single disk to bite hard, it needs to be an on/off switch. Thats why i like the mcleod. Ill be putting an RXT in the boss. My car comes with a mcleod twin factory but ive heard the pressure plates suck
oh ok, well your boss is a beast, ive seen a few of your videos, beating a blown c5, i wonder how my car would do agianst it, to the guys racing in this vid, im down to run if you want to see how you do against a full exhaust, blower 9 psi c5.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:36 PM

500++ rwhp 3300 lbs vette vs a 413 rwhp 4000 lbs G8? Lol, if you want to drive this far to waste your gas, feel free
Old 12-23-2012, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06cobaltSS
oh ok, well your boss is a beast, ive seen a few of your videos, beating a blown c5, i wonder how my car would do agianst it, to the guys racing in this vid, im down to run if you want to see how you do against a full exhaust, blower 9 psi c5.
I didnt beat it. He had me by about a car length. But the car keeps getting faster. Hoping to have a rematch with better luck come spring time
Old 12-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
You tryin to film the asphalt rollin by?
hahaha A modded G8-GT isn't the only race we have in common, Ju1ce. I've seen a video of your turbo Regal vs an LS2 GTO (don't recall where), but I pulled an LS2 GTO worse than you did so there's my answer ;p.

Those were the only goals I had for the Grand Prix...beating G8's and GTOs.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Man you're really bench racing it up lol
I ran a properly driven 6spd LS2 GTO that had bolt ons/tune. I did so on 8psi... I can run up to 16psi on 93 octane.

You raced what looks like a stock auto, lol.

Quick Reply: Regal vs G8 GT