Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Met up for some runs..427 C6 Conv, H/C SS Camaro & 150 Shot 01 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 01:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
If Packy can talk me into it, I might go. Don't get your hopes up for a street race with my Cobra, I don't street race anymore (haven't in years since I had to grow up and get a grown up job).

Besides, I quit running the Cobra since I got my Fox Body back together.

you're breaking my heart man
Old 12-27-2012, 03:56 AM
On The Tree

Trust me, I wish it was as easy for me to street race as it used to be, I absolutely love street racing. I know it might sound funny, but I get a high off the adrenaline rush from street racing.

Doesn't matter, the last clutch in my Cobra isn't holding the power, so I wouldn't be running it anyway.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:02 AM
10 Second Club

If Packy can talk me into it, I might go. Don't get your hopes up for a street race with my Cobra, I don't street race anymore (haven't in years since I had to grow up and get a grown up job).

Well that will depend on how the night before goes. I don't see myself wanting to drive that far the day after though but we will see.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

U gonna do heads when u do the A&A kit? Things gonna be hard to beat should be 600-650whp
Old 12-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Launching!

last clutch in my Cobra isn't holding the power, so I wouldn't be running it anyway.
the very reason I just done a auto swap in mine...
Old 12-27-2012, 03:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Don't mind him. He only says that because his car doesn't ET anywhere close to where it should. If his car ran right at the track he would be on a stepping stool talking about how he can tell how a street race will go down simply by knowing the track times of the cars.
Yea I know how he is.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Just start with a 150 shot and go from there.

To whoever said they were getting the A&A kit make sure you upgrade to the T trim cause the headunit it comes with is on the small side or just get a ECS kit since it already comes with the better headunit and a restrictor plate.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Buff
you're breaking my heart man
Haha, what's up Shannon! I thought that was you in the video, but last I had seen you was still in love with your CTS-V. Didn't know that you had gotten back into a Vette.

Originally Posted by Packy
Well that will depend on how the night before goes. I don't see myself wanting to drive that far the day after though but we will see.
I was trying to make plans with the Wilmington crew for New Years, but as the days get closer to New Years, more of them are dropping out, doing something else for New Years. As it looks now, I might not be doing anything for New Years, so I just might be down to try and make Grill 57.

Originally Posted by red beast
the very reason I just done a auto swap in mine...
I knew that I was rolling the dice when I put another Centerforce Dual Friction back in my car. The first one had GREAT street manners and was able to hold the power my car made, so I was hoping that the second one I put in the car would do the same. If I didn't dd my Cobra, then I would of went ahead and bought something else. Looking back now, it would of been better to just have ponied up the extra money and bought a McLeod RXT..that's what I will do when this clutch ***** the bed.

Last edited by Heater; 12-27-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

You are one that's on my list for a Zmax invite sometime in March, FYI. (seriously)
Old 12-27-2012, 08:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by stopsign32v
you are one that's on my list for a zmax invite sometime in march, fyi. (seriously)
LMAO! :d

I was trying to make plans with the Wilmington crew for New Years, but as the days get closer to New Years, more of them are dropping out, doing something else for New Years. As it looks now, I might not be doing anything for New Years, so I just might be down to try and make Grill 57.
I was voluntold that I had to go to the neighbors party on New Years. Lets see how that goes.

Last edited by Packy; 12-27-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You are one that's on my list for a Zmax invite sometime in March, FYI. (seriously)

I can't imagine why I would be on any kind of list of yours.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:10 PM
10 Second Club

I can't imagine why I would be on any kind of list of yours.
You better watch out. His girlfiends Mach is gonna get you!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

I must of offended him somehow.

He calls me out right after I posted that my clutch wasn't holding my cars power
Old 12-27-2012, 11:29 PM
10 Second Club

I must of offended him somehow.

He calls me out right after I posted that my clutch wasn't holding my cars power
Typical...
Old 12-28-2012, 02:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Just start with a 150 shot and go from there.

To whoever said they were getting the A&A kit make sure you upgrade to the T trim cause the headunit it comes with is on the small side or just get a ECS kit since it already comes with the better headunit and a restrictor plate.

i going to probably go with the V3 upgrade i think its called.. Local shop has put out two cars making almost 700rwhp with no headwork
Old 12-28-2012, 07:02 AM
10 Second Club

i going to probably go with the V3 upgrade i think its called.. Local shop has put out two cars making almost 700rwhp with no headwork
That or a D1SC will finish your car off really nice. Have fun with traction after that though.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:46 AM
TECH Regular

I'd definitely get the heads worked over as well to be safe
Old 12-28-2012, 02:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Just make sure it's the V3 T trim and not the little Si trim. Friend of mine had the Si on his LS3 vette and it was pretty much out of steam at 633rwhp. He swapped out the bracket and headunit for a D1SC recently and the powerband is better since it pulls harder and makes more power without even breaking a sweat. Not trying to say you won't be happy with it but make sure you do your research first cause most shops will tell you whatever to make a sell. It will be easier for you to make power with the 427 but you definitely want the right blower on it so it doesn't max faster.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

sweet, C6Z are unbeatable.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Just make sure it's the V3 T trim and not the little Si trim. Friend of mine had the Si on his LS3 vette and it was pretty much out of steam at 633rwhp. He swapped out the bracket and headunit for a D1SC recently and the powerband is better since it pulls harder and makes more power without even breaking a sweat. Not trying to say you won't be happy with it but make sure you do your research first cause most shops will tell you whatever to make a sell. It will be easier for you to make power with the 427 but you definitely want the right blower on it so it doesn't max faster.
I would say go with an F-1 to feed that 427ci.

Quick Reply: Met up for some runs..427 C6 Conv, H/C SS Camaro & 150 Shot 01 Cobra