Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a fellow LS1 near Charlotte NC....

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004 | 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Raced a fellow LS1 near Charlotte NC....

Dunno if you post here but good runs, raced a blue LS1 TA on the interstate, dunno what he had, looked like he at least had exhaust, was an M6, went from a 50-55 roll 3-4 times, each time i pulled ahead easily. Gave him a car head start once and then hit it, caught him and pulled him pretty good, that is after hitting the revlimiter on the 2-3 shift right next to him after I went into 3rd....it was buh bye....

none the less good runs man if your out there

oh ya and if your out there and reading this I have the pewter ws6 with the ralley style stripes

-Sly
Old 04-16-2004 | 12:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by slyws6
Dunno if you post here but good runs, raced a blue LS1 TA on the interstate, dunno what he had, looked like he at least had exhaust, was an M6, went from a 50-55 roll 3-4 times, each time i pulled ahead easily. Gave him a car head start once and then hit it, caught him and pulled him pretty good, that is after hitting the revlimiter on the 2-3 shift right next to him after I went into 3rd....it was buh bye....

none the less good runs man if your out there

oh ya and if your out there and reading this I have the pewter ws6 with the ralley style stripes

-Sly
nice
Old 04-16-2004 | 05:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nice kill man!!
Old 04-16-2004 | 07:51 AM
STF Veteran

Nice kill Sly. Are you happy with the way your car runs yet?
Old 04-16-2004 | 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

no not really, it's quick but nowhere near what I think it should be, I think the no tuning is really hurting me right now tho. A company (no names) sort of tuned it but I don't think they did a good job, the person leaned out the stock fuel settings quite a bit to get the O2 readings around where they should be however they didn't tune the ltrims first and they didn't turn off the Cat Over Temp sensor, so basically what's happening is the COT is dumping fuel in and the tune is leaning out the fuel curves to adjust for that extra fuel being dumped in yet going down the track I dump black smoke out of the tailpipes. Hopefully I will be ordering HPTuners next week to get this beast tuned right. From my understanding I need to cut off the COT from dumping fuel in then tune the ltrims to 0 and under then tune the fuel maps for the o2 readings on the street. I'm no tuning expert but that's what I think needs to be done. Anyway enough babbling lol.

-Sly
Old 04-16-2004 | 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Nice kill!