Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Yawn...
I mean, I need a Camaro that runs 13s!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Yup, exact reason I don't want a Camaro or TA. They look alright on the outside, but I think the interior looks like dog ****. Reminds me of a sportier Ranger or crown vic, and not in a good way. Same with the C5.

The C6 looks decent, handles well, and was comfortable and quiet.
Besides the interior, I'm still a big fan of C5s

Stoppy, when are you going to pick up some power mods and what will they be?
Old 01-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Launching!

I mean, I need a Camaro that runs 13s!
No your on the right track, you need that 700hp vette so you can think your fast.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Stoppy, when are you going to pick up some power mods and what will they be?
Not sure, maybe late this year. Next power mod will most definately be headers and customer Stopsign32v exhaust. Up next I plan to save some weight. Next mod is going to be a LW battery since my stock on is showing signs of going out the window.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:17 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
No your on the right track, you need that 700hp vette so you can think your fast.
That's right, they're slow.
I'll get a 13 sec Camaro so I can be fast, like you. Then, I might even be a challenge for a 12 5.0 Mustang!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Not sure, maybe late this year. Next power mod will most definately be headers and customer Stopsign32v exhaust. Up next I plan to save some weight. Next mod is going to be a LW battery since my stock on is showing signs of going out the window.
That would be fun. Weight savings definitely add up as well!

Off topic, but I'd love to see what an actual 5th gen could do with 300 less lbs and less rotational mass
Old 01-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LTs are a good mod..I gained 16Hp with Bassani Mid-lengths and a retune. Another good mod which I will have in a couple of weeks will be a Findanza aluminum flywheel and new Centerforce Clutch. The light-weight flywheel will compliment the aluminum driveshaft well...
I know some cars that have shown some better track times with these items..not too expensive either..
Old 01-13-2013, 04:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

That would be fun. Weight savings definitely add up as well!

Off topic, but I'd love to see what an actual 5th gen could do with 300 less lbs and less rotational mass
Solid 11's. Cars have a ton of rotating in them. Just the rear wheel/tire is 68lb apeice on a 5thgen. LS3 vette's have no problem running faster than 11.5 with not even full bolt-ons.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Solid 11's. Cars have a ton of rotating in them. Just the rear wheel/tire is 68lb apeice on a 5thgen. LS3 vette's have no problem running faster than 11.5 with not even full bolt-ons.
Woohoo, good thing I want to pick up an LS3 C6 one of these days

I think Stoppy could get some good gains from doing less rotational mass on his Mach too
Old 01-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
LTs are a good mod..I gained 16Hp with Bassani Mid-lengths and a retune. Another good mod which I will have in a couple of weeks will be a Findanza aluminum flywheel and new Centerforce Clutch. The light-weight flywheel will compliment the aluminum driveshaft well...
I know some cars that have shown some better track times with these items..not too expensive either..
I've had a Fidanza aluminum flywheel sitting downstairs for almost a year now. Just need to get a clutch.

I think Stoppy could get some good gains from doing less rotational mass on his Mach too
Old 01-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Stopsign32v;17055440]I've had a Fidanza aluminum flywheel sitting downstairs for almost a year now. Just need to get a clutch.

Nice! you're half way there than...Not sure if you looked into clutches yet but I have heard good things about the Centerforce clutch. Supposedly, it has a stock pedal feel but with more holding force. Reading online some clutches (like Spec) have caused chattering when engaged...do some research though and see what you come up with...me personally, I will try out the CF..
Old 01-13-2013, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=MACHXLR8;17055474]
I've had a Fidanza aluminum flywheel sitting downstairs for almost a year now. Just need to get a clutch.

Nice! you're half way there than...Not sure if you looked into clutches yet but I have heard good things about the Centerforce clutch. Supposedly, it has a stock pedal feel but with more holding force. Reading online some clutches (like Spec) have caused chattering when engaged...do some research though and see what you come up with...me personally, I will try out the CF..

I have the CF Dual Friction in my Cobra and it's a excellent DD clutch and will probably be great for you guys.

In my car at it's power, it can't hold and it slips.

I didn't put a Spec in my car because they have a high static pressure and are very hard on drive train parts. It's my DD and I didn't want to have to deal with the chattering and the on/off characteristics of them either. My wife drives my car from time to time and she would hate it.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=MACHXLR8;17055474]

PM sent your way.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Stoppy..got your PM...good info!

Heater, I have heard the same thing about Spec clutches so I was steering away from them also..I will look into this further though to see if they all do that or is it a certain model..
Old 01-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

My 99 Cobra's spec stage 2+ had little chatter new and none when it broke in. It took countless clutch dumps @ 7,000rpms and off the rev limiter and never failed. Also never broke the 10 spline input and I was trapping 126mph. Z06 stage 5 Spec had very little chatter but was definately on/off type. MR2 Spec stage 2 was a complete POS (but I did power shift it ALOT) and I got locked out of gears at WOT. Not sure if it was clutch or trans problem. Spec stage 3 clutch I had for my 95 was a defective pressure plate.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
To "walk" a stock Z id imagine it would take about 132-135mph car. Is that around what your goat will be trapping with the bottle?
i love c6 Zs... but a 132-135mph car would rape a stock c6 z. They are very fast and very impressive cars for a stock car. But they are not THAT fast. I have yet to see a stock one go faster then 123 at my track. And thats being driven. High 11s at 122-123 in normal decent spring weather (800-1000 da).
Old 01-13-2013, 10:41 PM
Launching!

That's right, they're slow.
I'll get a 13 sec Camaro so I can be fast, like you. Then, I might even be a challenge for a 12 5.0 Mustang!
3 things wrong with this post.

1. I don't own a 13 second Camaro.

2. Quit being pastey and trying to be like everyone else.

3. An ls1 f-body will never beat 2011- gt and everyone knows it.

I think you had something with the 700hp c6 idea. Weak

Last edited by 99peweterls1; 01-14-2013 at 05:37 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8

I also have a centerforce dual friction and I love it. I can't really attest to the stock feel as I have a stiffer MC. I've beat the living hell out of it for over a year now without a hiccup!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evangto87
i love c6 Zs... but a 132-135mph car would rape a stock c6 z. They are very fast and very impressive cars for a stock car. But they are not THAT fast. I have yet to see a stock one go faster then 123 at my track. And thats being driven. High 11s at 122-123 in normal decent spring weather (800-1000 da).
Yeah I agree.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by automach1
lolz at queer who asked if he had a chance against a stock c6z.
/\ i wish for nothing but bad things to happen to you throughout the rest of your life.

i can only hope you contract every STD known to man and that if you do reproduce, that your offspring/ demonspawn drive you too insane to use a computer. That way you'll will never ruin our internet experiences again you ******* troll.

Now then, Stoppy thats pretty cool!!! i dont care how old it is, if i was that close to a gt500 id be talking about it all week.

Quick Reply: Bolt on Mach 1 outran a GT500