Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C5 Z06 takes on BMW M3 Dinan 4.6 Stroker Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
They are "old". My 03 truck with 67k is "old". It all depends on how well you maintain it and what makes you happy.

I hate how some of the guys on Corvetteforum and in the local scene are such douchebags when it comes to C4s and C5s. It seems like some guys with C6s honestly think they are better just because they own a new model. These type of people make it hard for the Vette "wave" to stay alive
i have noticed some huge douchbags in the vette scene , thats why i prefer this site , and roll with mixed cars , but there are also some really cool vette owners as well who will really help you out and give you great advice and feedback
Old 01-27-2013, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

I have a huge soft spot for the C5 as you can tell it is probably the last generation with hand drawn lines.

The C6 took awhile to grow on me, but I absolutely love it. Dream garage is a C4, C5, C6, and a C7.

If only the income would keep up
You missed the first 3 generations!

While the C1 is more of a historical car than performance, the C2 is where style truly met performance. And who wouldn't want a C3 L-88 or one of the two ZL-1 C3's?

I'm with you though here is my dream Corvette list:

'57 Fuelie
'63 Split-window stingray
'63 Grand Sport --> check! Mongoose car for obvious $$ reasons.
'67 427/435hp 4M rag w/side pipes
'69 L-88
'95 LT5 ZR1
'04 Z06 Z16 Comm. edition
'10 P&M C6RS
'13 ZR1 60th Ann.

Guess I would need a massive lottery win and a big shop too
Old 01-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Teching In

They are "old". My 03 truck with 67k is "old". It all depends on how well you maintain it and what makes you happy.

I hate how some of the guys on Corvetteforum and in the local scene are such douchebags when it comes to C4s and C5s. It seems like some guys with C6s honestly think they are better just because they own a new model. These type of people make it hard for the Vette "wave" to stay alive

Vettes are definitely a bang for their buck. Will likely end up in a C5 or a C6 within the next few years when I graduate college.

Well, the E46 has a much nicer interior and the general handling of them is awesome. Just a smooth ride. Well built car. Definitely an apples to oranges comparison though. If I were to get a BMW, being an auto guy, I'd prefer the DCT of the E46 M3 and those are junk in that model year.

I was considering an E92 335i coupe, but after doing a lot of research on them, I'll likely end up in a G8 GT as a DD. Cost of ownership is really expensive. Hard to stray from the LS platform as far as performance for the money and cost of ownership
Actually thats the SMG trans not a DCT for the sake of reference... Yes they handle well however the Vette is a better handler. And as mentioned its an apples to oranges comarison. Keep in mind I have onwed E30 and E36 M3's as well. I dig them
Old 01-27-2013, 03:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Knight-Z06
the vette brotherhood lives! , same here man im keeping mine for the long haul , somthing about the c5 body lines are classic , these cars will be classics , weight , platform , ease of modification its a winner all around
i like your frc man , whats ur next mod ? i have a thompson 416 ls3 cooking
Right now I am awaiting install of my forged 346 which starts tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. I would love to do carbon fiber flared rear fenders and wider rear wheels/tires. But not likely this season
Old 01-27-2013, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sledge_Hammer
Actually thats the SMG trans not a DCT for the sake of reference... Yes they handle well however the Vette is a better handler. And as mentioned its an apples to oranges comarison. Keep in mind I have onwed E30 and E36 M3's as well. I dig them
Opps, my bad. I've been talking to my import buddies too much the last few days. DCT, SMG, DSG - all the same to me now

Originally Posted by Knight-Z06
but there are also some really cool vette owners as well who will really help you out and give you great advice and feedback
Believe me, I know. There are a few on this site

Last edited by marc97taws6; 01-27-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

silly bmws lol..

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 takes on BMW M3 Dinan 4.6 Stroker Kit