Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Grand Prix GXP, S/C Roush Mustang, 335i, Trans Am, Regal GS, RSX-S, SRT-4, SN95

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013 | 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Fellas, I think you should just concede that Juice is better at all things. Unless his anointed hands bless a car its a piece of ****!
Old 01-29-2013 | 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I forgot who he was my bad lol.
Old 01-29-2013 | 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by work in progress
Fellas, I think you should just concede that Juice is better at all things. Unless his anointed hands bless a car its a piece of ****!
When I buy my toy car in the future, I will PM Ju1ce - hopefully have his # by then too - to bless my car before every race

Then my car will develop the fabled arm mod - yep, I brought that term back!
Old 01-29-2013 | 02:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Still waiting on pics of the strut towers in the trunk.
still waiting on vids of the gtr, viper, and camaro kills....oh right...vids up tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2013 | 03:30 PM
Teching In

I find it funny what juice will and wont respond to lol.
Old 01-29-2013 | 03:43 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by work in progress
How is someone better at all things when he drives a slow turbo turd regal and lives in his moms basement.
Old 01-29-2013 | 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by willizm
How is someone better at all things when he drives a slow turbo turd regal and lives in his moms basement.
Also has 5 college degrees lol
Old 01-29-2013 | 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by willizm
Says the guy with a BMW and a Trans Am.

Old 01-29-2013 | 03:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2StepsAhead
I find it funny what juice will and wont respond to lol.
Old 01-29-2013 | 04:06 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jay z28
Says the guy with a BMW and a Trans Am.

Hey, lay off my slow turds, I'm very sensitive about it!!!
Old 01-29-2013 | 04:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
You built the car? You mean you installed stock rockers that someone took a die grinder to, a 1 inch thick 'intercooler' and the worst possible valve springs to use on a 3800 motor? Don't forget the pulley that's about 5 sizes too small... That's hardly 'built', it's a failed experiment at best which is why he runs times that other people are running with the stock pulley and no 'intercooler'.
Good luck picking up 40-50whp by tuning it... the car is setup backward and we've been over this on the Regal boards already. Myself and others tried helping out KFC but he knows it all.

I can guarantee you that he will not even come close to my turbo car... His setup would have been a good race for my stock pulley configuration 4 years ago and if he sprays he'll need a 300 shot to keep up.

Still waiting on pics of the strut towers in the trunk.
LOL!!! dude I have taken ***** faster than your turd does a quarter mile. I'm new to tech and even I know what a joke you are. The car runs like a top, and isn't afraid of inclimate weather (oh noes I might get my garage queen regal wet!!). There is a whole lot more into that car then just what you know, but that's just what's "modified". His IATs are around 87 degrees in 100 degree heat, so apparently you know nothing about that intercooler either. I have zero problem grabbing a line and holding it while the car idles at operating temps. Ill do it on video if you'd like. And the Buick is
by far the least impressive in my list of builds, all be it one of my favorites so far.

Point is, both he and I have taken into consideration what we have been advised of. We know its limits, and shows no signs of slowing down. The car is slow, because its untuned. Its running less than stock timing, datalog verified, but I forgot, YOU know everything. As far as I am concerned the "Berk" as its known around these parts, is a bit more iconic than, being that it actually appears in ****.
Old 01-29-2013 | 04:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tater-rbz
LOL!!! dude I have taken ***** faster than your turd does a quarter mile. I'm new to tech and even I know what a joke you are. The car runs like a top, and isn't afraid of inclimate weather (oh noes I might get my garage queen regal wet!!). There is a whole lot more into that car then just what you know, but that's just what's "modified". His IATs are around 87 degrees in 100 degree heat, so apparently you know nothing about that intercooler either. I have zero problem grabbing a line and holding it while the car idles at operating temps. Ill do it on video if you'd like. And the Buick is
by far the least impressive in my list of builds, all be it one of my favorites so far.

Point is, both he and I have taken into consideration what we have been advised of. We know its limits, and shows no signs of slowing down. The car is slow, because its untuned. Its running less than stock timing, datalog verified, but I forgot, YOU know everything. As far as I am concerned the "Berk" as its known around these parts, is a bit more iconic than, being that it actually appears in ****.
You know who's really a joke...
Let's focus on what's in bold.

So you're telling me that air comes into the supercharger at 100 degrees, is compressed in the LIM (delta temps at 10psi for the M90 are over 250*, google delta temps, it means how high the air temp is raised by the blower) and somehow ends up 13* colder than ambient?

So your 1 inch 'intercooler' is taking in 350* (likely much higher since he's probably seeing over 15psi) air and dropping the temp below ambient? You're insane! LOL

The absolute best you could hope for is ambient air temps, and to get there you'd need about a 6 inch thick core with ice water going through it. Do you have any idea how heat transfer works? The reason you can touch your intercooler lines is because heat transfer isn't happening! LOL

I'm a joke, but you just told us that a 1 inch intercooler will drop m90 IATs below ambient.

You know nothing and pieced together a bunch of ****. The car is slow as f*ck because you used shitty parts. My m90 build made 300whp on 'less than stock' timing, without an intercooler and on a bigger pulley... It also trapped 108mph. Your boy KFC is trapping 99...

Here's some more for ya.

http://shop.zzperformance.com/grand-...r-kit-gtp.aspx

The internals of the SS core are .75" thick
Sry it's not even an inch thick... it's 3/4 of an inch. Lots of heat transfer happening there...

On the supercharger dyno we have tested effectiveness and it cooled the discharge air by 83 degrees.
Best case scenario laid out by the seller...
M90 deltas at 15psi are well over 300*... ambient coming in is 100*... cooling effectiveness on a best case scenario per the seller of your
intercooler, -83*

Real IAT = over 317*
Your fantasy = 87*

Last edited by Ju1ce; 01-29-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-29-2013 | 05:00 PM
9 Second Club

Old 01-29-2013 | 05:13 PM
Teching In

You didn't know a ¾" intercooler core could bring 400* IATs below ambient?

So efficient that it defies the laws of thermal dynamics!!!
Old 01-29-2013 | 05:16 PM
Teching In

Don't even bother trying to edit your post.

Old 01-29-2013 | 05:23 PM
Teching In

I wasn't editing my post I don't need to. I am giving you live data. He isn't even seeing 12 psi sir more like 10.4. But once again you know everything. Well since you know everything about a car 1900 miles away, why don't you tell me his knock count and we will see if your close.
Old 01-29-2013 | 05:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tater-rbz
I wasn't editing my post I don't need to. I am giving you live data. He isn't even seeing 12 psi sir more like 10.4. But once again you know everything. Well since you know everything about a car 1900 miles away, why don't you tell me his knock count and we will see if your close.
I could probably count how many brain cells you have.
3.0 pulley with no cam and you see 10.4psi? You should probably find the massive boost leak. Once you fix it I give it 1 or maybe 2 pulls before the car blows up.

And I'm still curious as to who you think you're fooling by less than ambient temps from a ¾" core.
Old 01-29-2013 | 05:32 PM
Teching In

I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong about something, and I have been wrong before. I am just going off of what the datalogger is telling us. You on the other hand have been caught in fantasies. Ill tell you what, we are going to the track Feb 9th. Ill film the regal just for you. But just so you know, the car didn't trap 99 the last time we went.
Old 01-29-2013 | 05:39 PM
Teching In

Regal by a car, pulled a veyron.
Old 01-29-2013 | 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

Got the turd street tuned real quick today! I need a TVS blower so I can be cool like Ju1ce.

Let's not forget here, the Regal is just my daily/knockaround car, I don't really care about being a Ju1ce beater, that's what my 240 will be for.

Quick Reply: Turbo Grand Prix GXP, S/C Roush Mustang, 335i, Trans Am, Regal GS, RSX-S, SRT-4, SN95