Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'11 5.0 vs LS2 GTO *video*

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 11:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
I see a trend here with Hio calling people that don't drink his Kool-Aid "dumb".
Hmm..Must use cut up stock parts, must only use manual faceplated tranny, must have cloth seats cause leather is no good, must be engine swap but ok as long as its a production engine,
Old 02-12-2013, 11:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 433 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
I see a trend here with Hio calling people that don't drink his Kool-Aid "dumb".
You don't have to dring my koolaide. But that don't have anything to do with outright ignorance and talking out his *** like ohio.

Take a look around...How many times have you ever heard me tell someone their car was a pos or slow??? probably never. I may tell some that their car is not performing as it should....but if mine wasn't I would want someone to tell me. Someone could run within .0002 of ohio's time and he would tell them what a slow pos they have. His attitude sucks and yours is not alot better.
Originally Posted by adamantium
Heres the crazy weight reducted JPC like car, BTW. Thing is undbearable to daily like the JPC car. not srs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p9CtzWqZfo
That car actually floats it's so light....lol. Ohio talks all this **** about hacked up this and that. But I can guarantee you no one on this site could guess what my car weighs by lookin at it.
Originally Posted by ohioborn80
An engin eswap is an engine swap. Period. If its a LS6 LS7 or a ******* BB its still an engine swap. Cause he couldn't afford to put a LS10000 in it isn't our issue.
Not at all....but keep typing...the more you type the dumber you look.
WBT's car is considered fastest Street legal being still as cats all safety requirments like seats belts, air bags etc, JPC considers theres fastest all out Bolt on car period...

And now you don't like leather, next it will be you don't like nav, cd players, more coshioned seats, nicer interior period.
Does that help pad your vagina??
And plenty of cars on the bolt on LS1 list that weigh 2800lbs just like JPC car did when it went 9.9. Fbody that weight 2900 race weight. That is a lot of weight reduction. But I am willing to bet they did be a bitch liek you and complain cause they cut up a stock part and went and bought the better part aftermarket.

And MPH yes seen plennty times. Two cars one auto one manual trap close to same at track. Yet on the street the auto walks away. Don't act stupid now.
I never did like leather. That's why I removed my leather seats and when I bought my truck I bought one with cloth seats. Leather is overrated vinyl. Cars were not offered with nav in 99 so not comparable.

There are plenty on that list over 3000 to. But it is nice to see the you agree my street car would be more comparable to wbt than jpc's all out race car.

I like my stock parts. Who's to say the aftermarket is better??? You????lol... Do aftermarket parts ever break?? Does the aftermarket put the r&d into it that GM does??

I have yet to see this auto walk away on the street crap. If anything the auto has a advantage at the track and the stick has a advantage on the street....if you can drive a stick and.....well ...after realizing that I can see where you would think the auto is faster.....lmao

Funny part is you will say your auto is sucking your mph up....but then not realize my 10bolt is holding my et back....kinda one sided
Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
LOL

LS10000

Sadley even one of those engines that could shoot us into orbit could not keep up with 5.0's
Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Its very important to you so you can talk **** all day long. But theres a huge difference between a LS7-6 swap. The LS1 just a cam away from a LS6(last years had the ls6 intake). Heads were a tad better with the springs to handle high rev. Still nothing major.

Ls1 to ls6 is more a replacement than a swap. Yes it a swap, but if my Cobalt engine blows up, and I put another stock engine, its going to be a swap...

You make it sound big while its not. Hio track results are just impressive with the mods. Cant deny that. Even if you try to prove it aint with your hyped up 5.0 ****.
Thanks Johnny.

You are right, not all swaps are created equal. But for someone like Ohio that has never did anything they cannot realize this. I personally think a aftermarket boosted car is more modded.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:00 PM
10 Second Club

Hmm..Must use cut up stock parts, must only use manual faceplated tranny, must have cloth seats cause leather is no good, must be engine swap but ok as long as its a production engine,
See heater....this is dumb in action. Worst part is he must have found someone dumber than him that let him breed.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Question.

Since gto's came with both the ls2 and ls1 engines, is my 04 with an ls2 coscidered a engine swapped car? In my mind no as this cd from an 05 Gto.
There's a simple answer to that: What engine did your car come with from the factory?

If the motor in your car is not the same as the one it came with it is indeed an engine swap. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
See heater....this is dumb in action. Worst part is he must have found someone dumber than him that let him breed.
Says the idiot from VA. Who thinks swapping engines isn't an engine swap. Next you'll say this car is a stock ls7 with bolt on/cam only that made 684whp. 626wtq.

And its its actually a HKE 468 LS7. Ported LS7 heads, Fast 102. 1 7/8 headers. That will be swapping few things to make over 700whp. OH YA AND IT WAS DONE ON 104 Racegas. But then agian to you don't count since was 104 unleaded racegas.
Attached Thumbnails '11 5.0 vs LS2 GTO *video*-644022_407855019306471_916800698_n.jpg  

Last edited by ohioborn80; 02-12-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice.

That is your personal opinion. Personally i rode in my buddy's 5.0 with 3.73 option and i didn't know he was on it till half way through the pull. Car felt gutless to me. Idk, maybe im used to my car.
all i can say to that is LOL.

you need a ride in my 'gutless' 5.0. to a novice rider, my car has cause a variety of reactions, from total fear and anxiety attack, to a combination of screaming and laughing.

and my car is slow and weak. just average. i think you are telling stories and lying to make a point.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by assasinator

you need a ride in my 'gutless' 5.0. to a novice rider, my car has cause a variety of reactions, from total fear and anxiety attack, to a combination of screaming and laughing.

and my car is slow and weak. just average. i think you are telling stories and lying to make a point.
Ive posted about that car several times on here. A novice rider? the **** is that? Someone whos never riden in a fast car? Um okay? Congratulations?

Ive riden in plenty of fast cars. Believe me a stock 5.0 is not going to make my stomach turn like the 2000lb **** box's with 500+ HP ive riden in. Sorry if that offends you, but it is what it is. If my buddy still had facebook i would've grabbed the pics of his 5.0 to post. I gain nothing from lieing about my personal opinion.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive posted about that car several times on here. A novice rider? the **** is that? Someone who's never riden in a fast car? Ive riden in plenty of fast cars. Believe me a stock 5.0 is not going to make my stomach turn like the 2000lb **** box's with 500+ HP ive riden in. Sorry if that offends you, but it is what it is. If my buddy still had facebook i would've grabbed the pics of his 5.0 of it. I gain nothing from lieing about my personal opinion.
lol. u r funny man.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Banned

lol. u r funny man.
**You're
Old 02-12-2013, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

**You're
i stand corrected dip ****
Old 02-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Banned

i stand corrected dip ****
umad.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

umad.
lol. u think too highly of yourself. WAY too highly.

this is the internetz. you are NOTHING. NOBODY.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I wouldn't consider a LS6 a "swap." Just like I wouldn't consider a boss engine in a GT a swap. Its not like either is some super rare one off engine, both are engines put into different models of cars from the same company. An LS7 however would be, not the same era.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:59 AM
10 Second Club

Says the idiot from VA. Who thinks swapping engines isn't an engine swap. Next you'll say this car is a stock ls7 with bolt on/cam only that made 684whp. 626wtq.

And its its actually a HKE 468 LS7. Ported LS7 heads, Fast 102. 1 7/8 headers. That will be swapping few things to make over 700whp. OH YA AND IT WAS DONE ON 104 Racegas. But then agian to you don't count since was 104 unleaded racegas.
How am I suppose to know what it is? H/c ls7's have made 640. Cam only have made ~600. Mine is just rebuilt to stock. I got it in pieces. I figured the stock ls6 has served me well to wth....I'll put the ls7 back the way it was but able to fit a f-body(this is how I know what a swap is ). Replacement motors bolt in place w/o any changes, swaps require other work for the install. Should trap over 135 easily.....maybe closer to 138. Mine won't be on race gas.

You talk all that **** in bold....lol......you try doin that w/o a blower....lol

Are you taking little old ladies and young girls rides????
Old 02-13-2013, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
There's a simple answer to that: What engine did your car come with from the factory?

If the motor in your car is not the same as the one it came with it is indeed an engine swap. Nothing more, nothing less.
Yeah I worded that completely wrong it's not really what I was trying to say what I meant was since my cars in 04 with an LS2 is basically a stock LS2 gto therefore instead of being treated as a 04 with a bill engine it should treated as a ls2 Gto, not a built engined'd 04
Old 02-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Banned

lol. u think too highly of yourself. WAY too highly.

this is the internetz. you are NOTHING. NOBODY.
Thank you for your much needed .02! umad.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Yeah I worded that completely wrong it's not really what I was trying to say what I meant was since my cars in 04 with an LS2 is basically a stock LS2 gto therefore instead of being treated as a 04 with a bill engine it should treated as a ls2 Gto, not a built engined'd 04
I'd call it a LS1 GTO with an LS2 swap. No shame in that imo.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
I'd call it a LS1 GTO with an LS2 swap. No shame in that imo.
No there's not lol and my sig even says that. I compare it to ls2 gtos though. Like track times and such
Old 02-13-2013, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everyone cares way too much about labels and blah blah. Who cares!! Do you enjoy getting in your car and have fun modding? Then thats all that matters
Old 02-13-2013, 01:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
You don't have to dring my koolaide. But that don't have anything to do with outright ignorance and talking out his *** like ohio.

Take a look around...How many times have you ever heard me tell someone their car was a pos or slow??? probably never. I may tell some that their car is not performing as it should....but if mine wasn't I would want someone to tell me. Someone could run within .0002 of ohio's time and he would tell them what a slow pos they have. His attitude sucks and yours is not alot better.

That car actually floats it's so light....lol. Ohio talks all this **** about hacked up this and that. But I can guarantee you no one on this site could guess what my car weighs by lookin at it.

Not at all....but keep typing...the more you type the dumber you look.

I never did like leather. That's why I removed my leather seats and when I bought my truck I bought one with cloth seats. Leather is overrated vinyl. Cars were not offered with nav in 99 so not comparable.

There are plenty on that list over 3000 to. But it is nice to see the you agree my street car would be more comparable to wbt than jpc's all out race car.

I like my stock parts. Who's to say the aftermarket is better??? You????lol... Do aftermarket parts ever break?? Does the aftermarket put the r&d into it that GM does??

I have yet to see this auto walk away on the street crap. If anything the auto has a advantage at the track and the stick has a advantage on the street....if you can drive a stick and.....well ...after realizing that I can see where you would think the auto is faster.....lmao

Funny part is you will say your auto is sucking your mph up....but then not realize my 10bolt is holding my et back....kinda one sided

Sadley even one of those engines that could shoot us into orbit could not keep up with 5.0's

Thanks Johnny.

You are right, not all swaps are created equal. But for someone like Ohio that has never did anything they cannot realize this. I personally think a aftermarket boosted car is more modded.

you dont like passive aggressive sarcasm?!

Quick Reply: '11 5.0 vs LS2 GTO *video*