Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'11 5.0 vs LS2 GTO *video*

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013 | 12:19 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by evangto87
Nice curve. I did notice though that you actually have a peakier torque curve then i do. Probably has something to do with the TIVCT. Though my car doesnt make a very high tq number... it comes on low and carries it well. I want to see how running a nice merge collector header with no cats effects the curve. Based off the way it feels... tq had a huge jump. Im anxious to get this thing back to the dyno
For sure the vvt helps the new engines, and I would expect the boss to make more power. But the ls6 is not peaky at all. My ls6 makes +350wtq from 3500-6300~. Now compare that to the 5.0 graph and you see what peaky is. It's interesting because these 2 engines make similar power@ peak and you can see the difference in the curve.
Old 02-03-2013 | 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
For sure the vvt helps the new engines, and I would expect the boss to make more power. But the ls6 is not peaky at all. My ls6 makes +350wtq from 3500-6300~. Now compare that to the 5.0 graph and you see what peaky is. It's interesting because these 2 engines make similar power@ peak and you can see the difference in the curve.
well once i get my car redynoed.. ill post the graph to compare.. One thing i can say is my car is not nearly as peaky as those GT graphs posted up. I make peak power at 6300 and it holds arrow straight to 7800 where it hits the limiter. Id imagine with the new longtubes and un corked exhaust... it may want to rev north of 8k now.
Old 02-03-2013 | 12:24 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by adamantium

Figured I would put them together. Although they are on different dyno's. The Dyno Dynamics I was on is 3.5% lower than the local Dynojet that I have also been on. I guess if you wanted to get technical you could add that 3.5% to any given point on my dyno sheet.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 02-03-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-03-2013 | 12:35 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by evangto87
well once i get my car redynoed.. ill post the graph to compare.. One thing i can say is my car is not nearly as peaky as those GT graphs posted up. I make peak power at 6300 and it holds arrow straight to 7800 where it hits the limiter. Id imagine with the new longtubes and un corked exhaust... it may want to rev north of 8k now.
That's the vvt workin for ya. The ls6 carries it pretty well up top too. We ran it to 7000 on 1 pull just not on the final. It does that step down@ 6400 then just kinda stays there.
Old 02-03-2013 | 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's the vvt workin for ya. The ls6 carries it pretty well up top too. We ran it to 7000 on 1 pull just not on the final. It does that step down@ 6400 then just kinda stays there.
stable valvetrain and good flowing intake
Old 02-03-2013 | 04:36 PM
Launching!

stock vs stock......LS6 vs 5.0
Old 02-03-2013 | 05:06 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
This would more than likely be a 01 ls6. Mine is a 02. The cam/valvetrain is different.
Old 02-03-2013 | 05:07 PM
Banned

Didn't you share these same images like 2 years ago in a troll thread in the dyno secction?
Old 02-03-2013 | 05:39 PM
Banned

Proving how stupid you are again. It makes 431whp and 408wtq on a dynojet. Dyno Dynamics read low.
How does it prove how stupid I am dumbass? A dj is what most people use to compare with. So 415sae on a dj that is about right.
Old 02-03-2013 | 05:43 PM
Banned

I would like to see the ls3 comparison
Old 02-03-2013 | 05:45 PM
Banned

This would more than likely be a 01 ls6. Mine is a 02. The cam/valvetrain is different.
It clearly says 02
Old 02-03-2013 | 06:03 PM
Launching!

no

Didn't you share these same images like 2 years ago in a troll thread in the dyno secction?
not a troll thread. These are just dyno graphs showing the comparison. People (especially LS drivers) just assume the 5.0 has no torque just because it can easily rev past 7grand (with a tune)
Originally Posted by automach1
It clearly says 02
Old 02-03-2013 | 10:06 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

How does it prove how stupid I am dumbass? A dj is what most people use to compare with. So 415sae on a dj that is about right.
A dynojet reads high compared to a dyno dynamics dumbass....I already said that. Like I said...add 3.5% to those dyno dynamic #'s to get dj #'s.
It clearly says 02
It's clearly a 01, the power peaks earlier than 02-04's. 02-04's dyno more than that and peak @ 6400~.
no

not a troll thread. These are just dyno graphs showing the comparison. People (especially LS drivers) just assume the 5.0 has no torque just because it can easily rev past 7grand (with a tune)

What's you guys excuse for my 02 ls6??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????? Someone post a full bolt-on 93 octane sheetz type gas 5.0.....I'm sure it will be on a happy dynojet. Clearly in the first set of dyno graphs the ls6 has tq all over it if the mods are comparable. But then miraculously a dyno graph pops up where the 5.0 beats up on the ls6......the problem is.....I have a ls6 and I know exactly what they do.

They are very similar in power with a slight edge going to the ls6 for it's broad range I would say.
Old 02-03-2013 | 11:03 PM
Banned

A dynojet reads high compared to a dyno dynamics dumbass....I already said that. Like I said...add 3.5% to those dyno dynamic #'s to get dj #'s.

Where did I say otherwise dumbass. I don't care what dynowhothefukcares reads. I care what your dj numbers were?

It's clearly a 01, the power peaks earlier than 02-04's. 02-04's dyno more than that and peak @ 6400~.

What's you guys excuse for my 02 ls6??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????? Someone post a full bolt-on 93 octane sheetz type gas 5.0.....I'm sure it will be on a happy dynojet. Clearly in the first set of dyno graphs the ls6 has tq all over it if the mods are comparable. But then miraculously a dyno graph pops up where the 5.0 beats up on the ls6......the problem is.....I have a ls6 and I know exactly what they do.

They are very similar in power with a slight edge going to the ls6 for it's broad range I would say.
Did your car not make 415sae?
Old 02-04-2013 | 12:37 AM
Banned

I haven't heard anyone say that they are torqueless.... Comparing a 5.0 to an LS1 is like comparing an LS1 to a 302. Tech 10 years later will obviously improve.

I don't think anyone intends on joining LS1tech to see dyno results of a coyote vs anything. Anyone with a brain can see your intentions. This is ls1tech, not a coyotetech.

So should i join corral and post overlays of LSx over SBF and BBF's to compare?

Or when the new gen LT1 dynos start poping up should we post up overlays on svtp or whatever the **** to compare?
Old 02-04-2013 | 01:04 AM
Launching!

I haven't heard anyone say that they are torqueless.... Comparing a 5.0 to an LS1 is like comparing an LS1 to a 302. Tech 10 years later will obviously improve.

I don't think anyone intends on joining LS1tech to see dyno results of a coyote vs anything. Anyone with a brain can see your intentions. This is ls1tech, not a coyotetech.

So should i join corral and post overlays of LSx over SBF and BBF's to compare?

Or when the new gen LT1 dynos start poping up should we post up overlays on svtp or whatever the **** to compare?
calm down little buddy. the dyno overlays just show that the 5.0 has a nice broad powerband. just because it makes its peak torque at 4300 rpm and peak power somewhere close to 6600rpm doesn't mean peaky and doesn't make power through the range and the graphs show that.that is all. not sure why you see it as a personal attack.
Old 02-04-2013 | 02:52 AM
Banned

calm down little buddy. the dyno overlays just show that the 5.0 has a nice broad powerband. just because it makes its peak torque at 4300 rpm and peak power somewhere close to 6600rpm doesn't mean peaky and doesn't make power through the range and the graphs show that.that is all. not sure why you see it as a personal attack.

No one has taken anything personal, don't flatter yourself. But it seems like that is the only thing you know how to tell people during a debate.

Last thing ill lose sleep over is some guy who signed up on a chevy site to exacerbate 5.0 vs LSx threads. "hai guise ford finally made an NA platform that has surpassed a chevy engine and it only took 10+ years, better let everyone on LS1tech know". Take a chill pill buddy, don't take it out on the LSx guys, its not our fault you needed a Big block, solid roller, aftermarket heads, stroker kit, etc... to make 500rwhp LOL.
Old 02-04-2013 | 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by s346k
almost every instance i've seen, the numerically higher geared car pulled. of course driver plays a big role. from what i've seen the 410 and 390 geared bolt on cars can make up a lot of ground 3rd-4th gear...esp 4th. i don't see why a cammed car would be any different, but see exponential gains. i haven't had a chance to do a back to back comparison with this car, but naturally it feels much stronger. i get the second gear pull in 4th now.

we will see when it warms up. there were a couple cars around here that were good races before. i'm hoping these gears will make up the difference i need to talk some more **** haha.
Well the gears are definitely worth while over the 3.42. The 3.42's are just to tall. The 10bolt isn't that bad if your nice to it. Mine seems to live fine in the 1.7x 60' range. It's when I try to make it do better it spits a axle out.

Now with goin supercharged and with a cam I would expect you would turn it atleast 6500 rpm. With the 3.73's that would set you up for 140mph trapp speeds.
Thanks for the feedback guys,

Hio it seems that I will be going with the 3.73s then. I hope I can get more than a couple hundred bucks for my 10 bolt after I build it when I get my S60, but I won't hold my breath.
Old 02-04-2013 | 08:48 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Did your car not make 415sae?
Nope...it has never made 415....where do you come up with this ****?
You dyno overlays was bs. It was best case scenario for on and worst case for the other. The lowest my car has ever dyno'd with the ls6 was 398, that was threw the stock catback and no tune. All it had was shitty Mac headers/ory , airlid and a Granittelli maf.
No one has taken anything personal, don't flatter yourself. But it seems like that is the only thing you know how to tell people during a debate.

Last thing ill lose sleep over is some guy who signed up on a chevy site to exacerbate 5.0 vs LSx threads. "hai guise ford finally made an NA platform that has surpassed a chevy engine and it only took 10+ years, better let everyone on LS1tech know". Take a chill pill buddy, don't take it out on the LSx guys, its not our fault you needed a Big block, solid roller, aftermarket heads, stroker kit, etc... to make 500rwhp LOL.
Their all giddy with excitement that they finally have something n/a to work with. The only problem we have now is that they were still stupid enough to keep buying all the crap that ford previously made.
Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
Thanks for the feedback guys,

Hio it seems that I will be going with the 3.73s then. I hope I can get more than a couple hundred bucks for my 10 bolt after I build it when I get my S60, but I won't hold my breath.
Good choice. Unlike some will tell you they are a very noticeable difference.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 02-04-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-04-2013 | 09:36 AM
Banned

Nope...it has never made 415....where do you come up with this ****?

You dyno overlays was bs. It was best case scenario for on and worst case for the other. The lowest my car has ever dyno'd was 398, that was threw the stock catback and no tune. All it had was shitty Mac headers/ory , airlid and a Granittelli maf.

Their all giddy with excitement that they finally have something n/a to work with. The only problem we have now is that they were still stupid enough to keep buying all the crap that ford previously made.

Good choice. Unlike some will tell you they are a very noticeable difference.
So let's see the camaro dj graph.

Quick Reply: '11 5.0 vs LS2 GTO *video*