Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

cam only ss vs 5th gen

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
You're trolling is going down hill. Your posts in that other thread were alot more convincing now your just being obnoxious.
no. im being 100% serious. Grow up. My friend with his cammed LS1 is a member here, although he hasnt posted in years. Hes gone with me to the track and can corroberate what we've seen. Not every track is comparable. There are two tracks within 2 hours from where i live. One is much nicer and the other one is much faster. Both sea level. People seem to prefer the "faster" one.......

Last edited by MauriSSio; 02-07-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
But not the 5.0 guys.

All purchases of new or used 5.0 come with an instructional video from Ohio which lets owners know how to drive and mod vehicle to keep it was #1 platform in the world.

That was great
Old 02-07-2013, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I'm sure the da hurt you a little. But that's bolt-on territory bud. Actually we got Notches(ls1 Camaro) to go over 116 w/o headers and only about 200lbs worth of weight reduction. Decent da though.

I went 112.8 with mac headers/ory, udp, lid, maf at full weight when the car was ls1.

Your cammed car should be there or more at your weight. not really trying to bust your ***** but something is up. Maybe it's your driving, maybe tune. Who knows but it should go better.
Its more common than you think. Just look at many of the results from cam-only cars on this very site. It depends on the air/weather conditions, if the car has supporting mods, the type of cam used, vehicle weight, etc etc. But you can't expect all of them to run that well without knowing all the details.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Demon 383
Its more common than you think. Just look at many of the results from cam-only cars on this very site. It depends on the air/weather conditions, if the car has supporting mods, the type of cam used, vehicle weight, etc etc. But you can't expect all of them to run that well without knowing all the details.
This is very true!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
no. im being 100% serious. Grow up. My friend with his cammed LS1 is a member here, although he hasnt posted in years. Hes gone with me to the track and can corroberate what we've seen. Not every track is comparable. There are two tracks within 2 hours from where i live. One is much nicer and the other one is much faster. Both sea level. People seem to prefer the "faster" one.......

Corooberate

Corooberate

Corooberate

Corooberate

Sorry man but if you consider 113mph "normal" for a ls1 your sadly mistaken. These cars have been around for longer than a decade we know what these things can and can't do. Im sure its a dogshit setup or the guy can't drive, or a combination of both.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry man but if you consider 113mph "normal" for a ls1 your sadly mistaken. These cars have been around for longer than a decade we know what these things can and can't do. Im sure its a dogshit setup or the guy can't drive, or a combination of both.
All depends on track situation. I've seen guys in 2700DA at CFR trap 108-109 in bolt-on LS1s and have been bolt-on LS1s trap 112-113mph in 800DA at Cordova

All depends on the track prep and conditions

Not saying they don't, just saying ideal conditions is preferred
Old 02-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Launching!

yeah ok man, i guess everybody at the track couldnt drive on those days. its a conspiracy. My auto LT1 camaro went from trapping 95-97mph to 101+mph in similar conditions on another day, but hey maybe someone came in and added HP to the car when it was sitting on the driveway while i wasnt looking somehow it was a "dogshit" (seems to be your favorite word, sounds like u have some sick fetish) setup before but somehow picked up mph and not so "dogshit" after even though nothing was done to it.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

The REAL thing I have noticed is this -

People who care about track times do full suspension, weight reduction, gears, shocks/struts etc. and power mods

People who care less about track times and enjoy just driving will throw power mods at the car, and then when it does worse then that other guys who had full suspension, gears, shocks, struts, weight reduction, people say his setup sucks.

For example.

Local FULL bolton, weight reduced (3,200# raceweight WITH 350+ lb driver) camaro with every suspension mod, 4:30 gears, magnum t 56, slicks and skinnys, weld pro stars ETC ETC ETC ran a 11.99 @ 115 to my H/C stock suspension on rear 18" drag radials with a 3,800# ran 12.29 @ 115.30 was talking mad **** on my gto. He had a 1.7 60' to my 1.9 60'. What he fails to realize, is his tire/wheel combo cost him over DOUBLE what my H/C setup did in my old ls1. So his $4-5,000 in tires and wheels, and suspension vs my $1,000 H/C setup. I was real butthurt let me tell ya lolz. Oh both cars aaround 3,000 DA
Old 02-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cwarta

People who care about track times do full suspension, weight reduction, gears, shocks/struts etc. and power mods

People who care less about track times and enjoy just driving will throw power mods at the car, and then when it does worse then that other guys who had full suspension, gears, shocks, struts, weight reduction, people say his setup sucks.

For example.

Local FULL bolton, weight reduced (3,200# raceweight WITH 350+ lb driver) camaro with every suspension mod, 4:30 gears, magnum t 56, slicks and skinnys, weld pro stars ETC ETC ETC ran a 11.99 @ 115 to my H/C stock suspension on rear 18" drag radials with a 3,800# ran 12.29 @ 115.30 was talking mad **** on my gto. He had a 1.7 60' to my 1.9 60'. What he fails to realize, is his tire/wheel combo cost him over DOUBLE what my H/C setup did in my old ls1. So his $4-5,000 in tires and wheels, and suspension vs my $1,000 H/C setup. I was real butthurt let me tell ya lolz. Oh both cars aaround 3,000 DA
excellent post. People tend to leave out details and say "hey with a simple cam change this car should run 11's@118mph" but theres a lot of in between stuff that is looked over
Old 02-07-2013, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

For example.

That is definitely true. I was always one of those who loved just to run it and enjoy driving my old 97 WS6. Hell, how many guys with Fbodies do you know ADDING weight with Dynomat sound deadening crap?

To each their own
Old 02-07-2013, 11:15 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Corooberate

Corooberate

Corooberate

Corooberate

if you want to see how bad its setup and how shitty i drive come on down and ill ******* destroy that bolt on formula.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mkvamso
if you want to see how bad its setup and how shitty i drive come on down and ill ******* destroy that bolt on formula.
If you're ever in miami let me know.

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
yeah ok man, i guess everybody at the track couldnt drive on those days. its a conspiracy. My auto LT1 camaro went from trapping 95-97mph to 101+mph in similar conditions on another day, but hey maybe someone came in and added HP to the car when it was sitting on the driveway while i wasnt looking somehow it was a "dogshit" (seems to be your favorite word, sounds like u have some sick fetish) setup before but somehow picked up mph and not so "dogshit" after even though nothing was done to it.
Like i said 113 mph in good conditions like you claim is not normal. Was that an insult? Sounds like umad. yeeee umad.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkvamso
Old 02-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Banned

For example.

Heres a local guy with just the jack and spare removed with off the shelf everything no k-member weight reduction or big and littles.

There are some turd *** setups out there refer to video below.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

It's all Gucci brah!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It's all Gucci brah!
haha HEY! Okay!

Quick Reply: cam only ss vs 5th gen