Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

What about bikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 PM
92v
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zlow28
Plenty of people including a moderator here have dipped stock 600 bikes into the 10s. So unless you have a 10 second car, you only beat the rider.

BTW bikes are made to go fast in curves. Thats a lot more fun
LOL, I built a 350 Yamaha that would run the quarter in the 11's, ran 7.40 in the 8th and would 60ft in 1.60 - 1.64 every run. I spent a total of $1100 on it over 3 years of drag racing and that included buying the bike. I won $900 in prize money. LOL cheapest racing I ever did.
Attached Thumbnails What about bikes-rd-drag-91-_4.jpg  
Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cwarta
I like the part when the hooker fell out of the trunk and hit the chase car! Fugggin crazy!!!!
lmao

Yeah good kills and honorable deaths OP
Old 02-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by grim_ls1
What about the 750's had any luck with them. And yeah the 1000's dip into the 9's so that'll be hard to beat.
only raced one , i lost
Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Teching In

I've beaten every 600 I've run...couldn't tell if any were 750 so I assume 600. I got slaughtered by a CBR-1100 so bad it partly motivated me for the bottle. So on the bottle I run a 1000-swapped GSXR-600 and he walks off on me although I got the initial hit. He had to go through 3 gears to start pulling from a 45-145 roll though.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:32 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 38394Z28
^well thats fine, I'm just saying, the bikes that I have raced in a straight line from a roll did not win. It wasn't the bike, it was the rider. My car isn't fast...they are just slow.
I know I'm not the only one who thinks this way but you're only as fast as you can drive it. If you had a modded Zr1 but granny shift missing gears there are cam only cars that are gonna beat you. Not my fault they don't know how to drive. Seems like the 600's can't drive, 1000's are just too powerful and 750's fall somewhere in between the two.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know I'm not the only one who thinks this way but you're only as fast as you can drive it. If you had a modded Zr1 but granny shift missing gears there are cam only cars that are gonna beat you. Not my fault they don't know how to drive. Seems like the 600's can't drive, 1000's are just too powerful and 750's fall somewhere in between the two.
Yep.

I didn't complain when I took a CBR600 from a ~70 roll in my LT1 when it was just bolt-ons and only ran 12.8x's. I knew with a good rider he would have taken me, but it's not your fault when someone can't drive or ride their vehicle .

With literbikes and up its not nearly as rider dependent - they are so stupid fast from any gear that you better bring the big guns if you want to take one from any speed between 0 and 150. I can be chilling on the highway @ 75 in 6th gear not even in my power band yet on my 14R and roll on the gas without downshifting and the damn thing will start to wake up around 6k and try to pull my arms off by 7k . Its ******* retarded.

On my 600 I would need to be buzzing in like 2nd to pull hard from a 75 or else it just kind of bogs and acts confused if you drop the hammer without downshifting.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, the r1 I rode was similar. Any gear pulled pretty good. Btw nice Zx. I always like the way they looked but too big for me, physically.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

ZX-14s are crazy! Also too big for me. I love surprising bad liter bike riders with my lowly 07 600RR
Old 02-21-2013, 10:02 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, I'm tall and linky so it'll just look wierd. Even on a 1000 I looks wierd
Old 02-21-2013, 11:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Take a bike on in the twisties. Assuming your car is capable. Thats when you will find out how big their ballz are....
Old 02-21-2013, 11:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gjestico
Take a bike on in the twisties. Assuming your car is capable. Thats when you will find out how big their ballz are....
Exactly

Old 02-22-2013, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

The key to racing against a bike is to take em on from a stop or slow roll. High power bikes are very tricky to launch hard from a stop without the front wheel popping up and the rider having to back off power and slam the front down. He will be fighting wheelie all through 1st, 2nd, maybe longer. So launch from slow, get some lengths on him, then let off just as you see him catching you. Then call 'ricer flyby' when he passes. Of course if he's a real good rider, he will launch hard and prob pass you real soon, doing a shallow wheelie all the way just to show off.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gjestico
The key to racing against a bike is to take em on from a stop or slow roll. High power bikes are very tricky to launch hard from a stop without the front wheel popping up and the rider having to back off power and slam the front down. He will be fighting wheelie all through 1st, 2nd, maybe longer. So launch from slow, get some lengths on him, then let off just as you see him catching you. Then call 'ricer flyby' when he passes. Of course if he's a real good rider, he will launch hard and prob pass you real soon, doing a shallow wheelie all the way just to show off.
I prefer to ride my R1 in the twisties, or on a drag strip, (Dr-z for commute and dirt) I really dont race it on the street as there just to many stupid people not looking for bikes so the last thing i need is to be doing 150 mph and someone cutting me off.

I sure hope you have at least a 10 sec car to back up that statement, becuase my R1 is not stretched and it is not hard to pull off a mid to high 10 sec pass and thats without using my fork straps.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Regular

Back what statement up ? Did you read my whole post ? Sounds like you be the rider I describe in the last sentence.
What 60ft and 330ft times do you get on your easy 10 sec runs ?
Old 02-22-2013, 03:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So that settles it, I'm moving to somewhere more awesome. Seriously Tampa is sucking so bad right now I've been Honda fly bye'd by two 350 z's. I haven't seen any good stuff in a while, the cops have destroyed the local hangout/race spots

East coast of SoFla is pretty good for the bike scene. When I had my R1,..we rhode all the time....lot of wide open stretches...lots of them...and certian places for some decent twisties. I live close enough to the highway to hear people going WOT in anything.... there are nights(usually Wednesdays or Fridays) all I hear is bikes WOT for a mile or so...packs of them. I used to run with those guys years ago with my R1....now I roll around with them with my Y body at times. I have raced ALL kinds of bikes.... lost of a few. Most types of bikes that seem to race me are the 954's or gsxr1000's. 600's were fun when I was making 680 wheel cause It would be a good race at first,,..then the car would pull up top. Now,..not a whole lot of contest. I do add up what kind of money I have into the car..it's irrelevent as there are dudes making POWER with stock motors and boost soo... you could get away with spending penny's. Someone like me, I sell fabrication components... so, cost to me,...isn't as much as the dude going out to BUY a kit...etc etc.

Anways...like puck or beans said(accomplished riders)... it takes about 550-600RWHP to roll with and or beat a 600. 700+ to hang with or beat 1000's with the RIGHT CAR/SETUP(a mustang will need another 100rwhp usually). Unfortunatly, lots of "riders" can't ride...and going out and running these dudes in your 400rwhp car..and somehow beating them.....is lame.

I now have two camera in car setups...so future racing vids will be better "proven" since some people don't think it's possible to freight train a 1000+cc motorcycle in a car.

Quick Reply: What about bikes