Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6 ls3 vs 2012 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
That would be "oh so cool" if Knight races powerhouse.
Id like to see that as well. 5.0 should take a beating if truly not being sprayed. Id like to see the outcome of both spray and no spray.
Originally Posted by Cwarta
Y u so mean?
Who me?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:44 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Knight-Z06
why are you getting all mad evan ?

this is fun ,
Oh don't worry, he acts like this in EVERY single thread I'm in. I think he gets a little mad at how spot on my observations are. Trust me, if I never posted here he'd have a completely different viewpoint on this matter.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Oh don't worry, he acts like this in EVERY single thread I'm in. I think he gets a little mad at how spot on my observations are. If I never posted here he'd have a completely different viewpoint on this matter. lol
You figured me out... damn youre good. But in all seriousness... i believe we have agreed numerous times in the past. Most times however, we dont.

I was simply pointing out how no one has the right to call BS when they dont know everything about either car racing and that it seems its impossible for people to just say good kill with out over analyzing the **** out of everything.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by evangto87
You figured me out... damn youre good. But in all seriousness... i believe we have agreed numerous times in the past. Most times however, we dont.

I was simply pointing out how no one has the right to call BS when they dont know everything about either car racing and that it seems its impossible for people to just say good kill with out over analyzing the **** out of everything.
Well, the OP stated the mods for BOTH cars so that's what we have to go on. Its just a simple intake/x-pipe/tune LS3 Vette. Around 400rwhp, 3280lbs give or take. I think we've all seen enough examples to know what to expect from one. If the 5.0 is truly what the OP states it is, the gap shouldn't have been anywhere near that.

As for the tune, what kind of tune do you think it (vette) has? I'd imagine the conventional dyno-tune majority bolt-on cars have.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Launching!

Looking at your posts, you over analyze EVERYTHING. lol Stop trying to make everyone else look clueless just to stroke your own ego. It never works!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

What a shocker... im the ******* for telling people to say "Good kill"...

Old 02-28-2013, 11:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Well, the OP stated the mods for BOTH cars so that's what we have to go on. Its just a simple intake/x-pipe/tune LS3 Vette. Around 400rwhp, 3280lbs give or take. I think we've all seen enough examples to know what to expect from one. If the 5.0 is truly what the OP states it is, the gap shouldn't have been anywhere near that.

As for the tune, what kind of tune do you think it (vette) has? I'd imagine the conventional dyno-tune majority bolt-on cars have.
This^^ the op clearly stated what was done to both cars. Hell even if the ls3 was stock I still dont see the vette getting a beat down like this.

If we dont go by the mods listed then I dont see how anyone could judge a race on here. Based off what was listed per the op the mustang should have gotten it's *** beat. Now that means 1 of 2 things either the mods on the 5.0 are not being told OR the ls3 has some issues. I normally respect Evan's opinion but I think he's pretty far off here.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by assasinator
i gotta call bullshit.

ls3 with boltons is making the same power but weighs 300-400lbs less.

BS flag here:

arguing other wise is idiotic.
Ls3 don't have same bolt ons, and don't weigh 400lbs lighter.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Im sorry but i cant get over how everyone in here thinks they know everything about both cars in this race. Bottom line is no one does.

How do you know what the GT weighs? You dont
How do you know what the Vette makes for power? You dont Based off mods listed )
How do you know the tune on the vette isnt just minor adjustments? You dont
How do you know the Dyno Jet wasnt stingy? You dont

If we compare a fully loaded GT to a Vette... we are talking 300-400 lb difference. If its a base GT, talking 250lbs. Which is very easy to remove from these cars.

People need to stop critiquing and throwing BS flags and just say "Good kill". The OP isnt being an *** or bragging or saying anything negative. Simply posted a video of a kill...

Stop paper racing and get out there and gets some kills of your own..
I think 250 is a little generous I have yet to see a stock 5.0 come in around 3450. Your post makes sense, you're right we dont know everything about both cars but then again when someone posts a kill story here no one ever does we just go off the list they provided.

No ones calling bs on the fact he won, thats evident by the video. What we all have an issue with is the fact that some people here insist this went down like it should have.

Evan you cant say here that given the mods listed the 5.0 did as expected. The ls3 should have walked him.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by redbird555
This^^ the op clearly stated what was done to both cars. Hell even if the ls3 was stock I still dont see the vette getting a beat down like this.

If we dont go by the mods listed then I dont see how anyone could judge a race on here. Based off what was listed per the op the mustang should have gotten it's *** beat. Now that means 1 of 2 things either the mods on the 5.0 are not being told OR the ls3 has some issues. I normally respect Evan's opinion but I think he's pretty far off here.
I dont understand where im far off. All i said was we dont know enough about either car to call BS. And not one person said good kill. Like i previous stated, OP wasnt being a dick to anyone. He just posted a video of a race.. and reading on here, got crucified with BS.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

I think 250 is a little generous I have yet to see a stock 5.0 come in around 3450. Your post makes sense, you're right we dont know everything about both cars but then again when someone posts a kill story here no one ever does we just go off the list they provided.

No ones calling bs on the fact he won, thats evident by the video. What we all have an issue with is the fact that some people here insist this went down like it should have.

Evan you cant say here that given the mods listed the 5.0 did as expected. The ls3 should have walked him.
My bare bones 2011. M6 manual weighed 3480 with 1/4 tank. A rims swap dropped about 60lbs off that. Stock rims was cheap 18's that cam with. Swap was to racestars.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im comparing weight to car in this video. 3217 for an m6, now add a solid 60lbs for the nice lightweight 6 spd auto(sarcasm). Looking more at 3280. In terms of weight, my car was basically a base model GT with much heavier wheels/tires, exhaust, and exterior mods. And i came in at 3550. A base model GT weighs less then that. Problem is most people dont want a base model GT so you never see them. Everyone wants a premium. Add 150lbs now.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:53 AM
TECH Veteran

I said you were far off because the op lists said mods and you said you didn't know enough? Well that should be the basis then for any race on here because unless you saw the car, the term "dont know enough" should apply to every thread on here. Going off what the op listed the race was a complete 180 of what would happen given the mod list was actually TRUE.

Oh and I did say Good Kill in my very first post.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Either way... neither car is mine... so ultimately, i dont really care. I just made the mistake of reading this entire thread before posting and got annoyed. I guess im just going to have to find me a bolt on ls3 vette to race
Old 02-28-2013, 11:59 AM
10 Second Club

Im comparing weight to car in this video. 3217 for an m6, now add a solid 60lbs for the nice lightweight 6 spd auto(sarcasm). Looking more at 3280. In terms of weight, my car was basically a base model GT with much heavier wheels/tires, exhaust, and exterior mods. And i came in at 3550. A base model GT weighs less then that. Problem is most people dont want a base model GT so you never see them. Everyone wants a premium. Add 150lbs now.
Agree. Most that by. *** are planning on changing a lot.

My auto premium weighed 3730 bone stock with stock 19's. Rim swap dropped it to 3640. Blower added about 90 lbs. 20's gain @130's from bigs/littles. I run 15's all way around.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh yea... i have brembos too.. Add more weight
Old 02-28-2013, 12:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Good Kill

not really but oh well
Old 02-28-2013, 12:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Either way... neither car is mine... so ultimately, i dont really care. I just made the mistake of reading this entire thread before posting and got annoyed. I guess im just going to have to find me a bolt on ls3 vette to race
In all fairness you're car isnt close to a gt, so I'd think you'd stomp the vette lol. I love the boss after I'm finally done with my mechanical egn degree I'll be looking into one of those or maybe a base (light) ls3 C6. But i still wanna keep the fbody lol
Old 02-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Good Kill

not really but oh well
class sir
Old 02-28-2013, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Good Kill

not really but oh well
When Hio says good kill (whether he means it or not)... you should all now feel guilty for not having said it lmfao

Quick Reply: C6 ls3 vs 2012 5.0