Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

lmfao catback only formula vs turbo 8th gen si

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
Not sure what an ebay complete turbo kit will make on a k-series but my friend made 380-390 on his k24 with a sidewinder manifold and ebay ball bearing turbo on 10psi. No way is this car making anywhere near that or what it should make.

Several people have made 6xxwhp with stock k-series longblocks, what they came with from factory is pretty irrelevant when a turbo is thrown on.
I was reading on AJP's website awhile back regarding their turbo kits for the K20, and IIRC they were recommended having the engine re-sleeved to hold over 350 or 400WHP, can't remember. I'll look it up again. Either way, they hold power really well with supporting mods.

I agree that SI isn't anywhere near where he safely could be.

*edit* Yea I was wayyy off. Its more like 500WHP before the engine needs to be built.. http://ajperformance.com/honda-civic-si/
Old 03-03-2013, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
I was reading on AJP's website awhile back regarding their turbo kits for the K20, and IIRC they were recommended having the engine re-sleeved to hold over 350 or 400WHP, can't remember. I'll look it up again. Either way, they hold power really well with supporting mods.

*edit* Yea I was wayyy off. Its more like 500WHP before the engine needs to be built.. http://ajperformance.com/honda-civic-si/
Yeah, car in said vid is in 200s
Old 03-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GtoSpd

I don't really go by what shops say or off the shelf kits recommend because alot of times they exaggerate and are very conservative, people HAVE made 6xxwhp on stock motors on e85. Heres a local one that went 10.1 at 148 on a 64mm turbo in an em1.

Obviously not everyone is up to the task of pushing the stock motor to the edge but my buddy made 5xxwhp on stock motor with e85 and 489 on pump 93 stock motor with an okay tuner.

With a forged bottom end and stock sleeves these engines are capable of 800-900 whp.

Heres my buddies setup. 64/66 turbo e85, forged bottom end.

The setup in the video should decimate my buddies formula, but like i said its still hilarious to see a catback only 98 car run door to door with a turbo k-series!

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Yeah, car in said vid is in 200s
Exactly what i was thinking 270ish.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
I never heard of a boosted Honda running properly..There is always excuses
Me either!

Without knowing the boost he ran and it being an Ebay kit, I'd say the Honda did just fine

I actually wouldn't mind a 2013 Civic sedan or coupe as a mpg DD. The few I have rode in really impressed me.

Quick Reply: lmfao catback only formula vs turbo 8th gen si