Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.5 second integra 1/4 mile

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 12:47 PM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PSU_Engineer
I guess I should take it easy on you though, as it seems that the measured wheel horsepower of your car is only marginally eclipsed by your SAT score.

Good ****
Old 05-04-2004, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TA TED
Good ****
Someone's gotta keep these fockers in line!
Old 05-04-2004, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uhm, I thought NHRA top fuel sanctioning said no turbos, so why does it matter that this car is almost as fast? I'd imagine if more top fuelers ran turbos instead of the hugely parasitic blowers we'd see much faster 1/4's, delving farther into the unsafe realm
Old 05-04-2004, 03:08 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

comparing apples and oranges ... plain and simple.

Ricers trying to prove something, basically the story of their life. Can someone please lock this POS thread.... it has nothing to do with street racing whatsoever.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Why the hell did you bring this friggin thread back??? So you could put up your cute little smiley machine gun??
Listen junior, this thread was resolved peacefully between the Honda owners and the F-body owners. Now you show up to start up the war again? Take your **** out of this forum unless you are gonna post something that requires at least a smidgen of intelligent thought. It's quite possible that you hardly know anything about engines, or failed to read the entire thread thoroughly. I even learned stuff about foreign motor technology from reading posts by Mochanic and GSrev.

I guess I should take it easy on you though, as it seems that the measured wheel horsepower of your car is only marginally eclipsed by your SAT score.

Tony,
Oh as for your sig...... Who gives a ****?! I certainly don't
Oh you bastard... leave the poor newb alone... ... ... umm... nahhhh, I enjoyed your post, good stuff man.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Why the hell did you bring this friggin thread back??? So you could put up your cute little smiley machine gun??
Listen junior, this thread was resolved peacefully between the Honda owners and the F-body owners. Now you show up to start up the war again? Take your **** out of this forum unless you are gonna post something that requires at least a smidgen of intelligent thought. It's quite possible that you hardly know anything about engines, or failed to read the entire thread thoroughly. I even learned stuff about foreign motor technology from reading posts by Mochanic and GSrev.

Tony,
Oh as for your sig...... Who gives a ****?! I certainly don't
Old 05-05-2004, 07:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Talking

A 5.5 second ET is relatively slow when considered against the top fuel record of 4.3 @ 335 mph set a few weeks ago. For example a top fuel dragster makes around 7000hp and is limited to a mix of 90% nitromethane....Federal mogul alcohol dragsters make less then half that horsepower and run 5.50's at 250 to 265 mph.... You can see the horsepower difference required to run one second and almost 100 mph faster.... If you have never experienced the difference between the top fuel cars and the alcohol dragsters it is night and day. On another note a chevy small block V2 (simply a chopped off V8) put down 1800hp on nitro in the 80's.... Moral of story: Nitro makes POWER!!

Quick Reply: 5.5 second integra 1/4 mile