Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Luckily Rape is legal in mexico....

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Yup, sounds sbout like our time of the year for the track!
Old 03-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 89gmcs15
Your talkin wrx and I was talkin Sti. My Sti trapped 86 in the 1/8th stock.
No, I'm talking about both, esp. 07+ STi's. I worked retail and corporate for Subaru. If you think we haven't taken out a stock STi and WRX and gone at it, you're wrong. They are a dead even race. In fact, the last time I did it the stock WRX pulled 3/4 of a car when the STi shifted into 4th and held it.

A stock STi running a 103 is a god damn miracle. They are not quick. STi's are great 0-80/90 cars. After that, they are pretty useless.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGasGuzzler
No, I'm talking about both, esp. 07+ STi's. I worked retail and corporate for Subaru. If you think we haven't taken out a stock STi and WRX and gone at it, you're wrong. They are a dead even race. In fact, the last time I did it the stock WRX pulled 3/4 of a car when the STi shifted into 4th and held it.

A stock STi running a 103 is a god damn miracle. They are not quick. STi's are great 0-80/90 cars. After that, they are pretty useless.
Lol you must be on crack or somethin. Yeah, 70hp more and a close ratio 6 speed is gunna lose to a car with less power, same-ish weight and far less torque. I suppose if you have no seat time in the car and drive with one hand up your *** yeah. I'm telling you my bone stock 04 Subaru Sti walked ( this should be no question ) regular wrx's and even the evo's ( which is a driver race IMO ). you can spout all the bullshit you want about being a sales rep and "going at it with cars" but unless you got real seat time learning how to drive a car your opinion is useless to me. I'm speaking real world experience, dispute my 86 mph trap in the 1/8th and I and any competent person will call your bs. What did you run at the track? Exactly. Drive one a time or 2 and your a pro I guess, I put 60k miles on mine in a year, I knew that car in and out, had no problem drivin the snot out of that thing. Wasn't a roll monster but would walk alot of cars when you are actually able to launch and bang gears with it. I'm not tryin the be a dick here, I'm just telling you how it is. My numbers aren't "guesses", they are real life numbers lit up on the traps and printed on the time slips. It is what it is and it shouldn't be this hard to admit when your wrong. Sorry dude.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Raced the WRX tonight, it's an 06 2.5. 5spd.

1 dig race, missed 4th and still put several cars on him. Good run and a cool guy. Took out 3rd gear synchro fml.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like fun! Vids?
Old 03-09-2013, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, we had a new go pro black edition of my buddy's in the 350z. He was using the phone app to activate the GP and it failed miserably. We were going to rerun 2 more times as we agreed in a dig and a low roll. But the 3rd gear synchros stopped that idea.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Shitty deal. Sounds like my luck last year. One thing after another kept me from seein the track last year to even test my combo.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwarta

1 dig race, missed 4th and still put several cars on him. Good run and a cool guy. Took out 3rd gear synchro fml.
Ugh been there and done that... If you time it right under WOT you can still shift FYI. Took me a little practice but it works every time.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cwarta

Lol you must be on crack or somethin. Yeah, 70hp more and a close ratio 6 speed is gunna lose to a car with less power, same-ish weight and far less torque. I suppose if you have no seat time in the car and drive with one hand up your *** yeah. I'm telling you my bone stock 04 Subaru Sti walked ( this should be no question ) regular wrx's and even the evo's ( which is a driver race IMO ). you can spout all the bullshit you want about being a sales rep and "going at it with cars" but unless you got real seat time learning how to drive a car your opinion is useless to me. I'm speaking real world experience, dispute my 86 mph trap in the 1/8th and I and any competent person will call your bs. What did you run at the track? Exactly. Drive one a time or 2 and your a pro I guess, I put 60k miles on mine in a year, I knew that car in and out, had no problem drivin the snot out of that thing. Wasn't a roll monster but would walk alot of cars when you are actually able to launch and bang gears with it. I'm not tryin the be a dick here, I'm just telling you how it is. My numbers aren't "guesses", they are real life numbers lit up on the traps and printed on the time slips. It is what it is and it shouldn't be this hard to admit when your wrong. Sorry dude.
You see that quote above. 111 trap my ***.

A 2.5 WRX and an STi is a dead nuts even race. You have real world experience with your old car. I have real world experience with dozens of WRX's and STi's, modded and stock. My demo was a 2011 STi. I ended up putting thousands of miles on it. Driving is not an issue. Banging gears is not rocket science.

There is some validity to the claim that early STi's were the quickest, but you're giving the model line too much credit.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackGasGuzzler
You see that quote above. 111 trap my ***.

A 2.5 WRX and an STi is a dead nuts even race. You have real world experience with your old car. I have real world experience with dozens of WRX's and STi's, modded and stock. My demo was a 2011 STi. I ended up putting thousands of miles on it. Driving is not an issue. Banging gears is not rocket science.

There is some validity to the claim that early STi's were the quickest, but you're giving the model line too much credit.
Oh my bad, I was goin by him stating it was a 04 ish Sti (as you know I'm sure, the 04 was the first year for the Sti in the us, also 05 was the only year without any body changes beyond little things from the 04, both of which were 2.5 vs the 2.0 in the wrx those years) so I was going by the facts given and not assuming in the end what would make your facts right vs mine. I also remember stating they are not roll monsters, a dig race would have been better for the Sti but I still thought the Sti would lose. I'm not over crediting the Sti, I'm just stating facts. Compared to a 04/05 Sti the new ones are slower, heavier, softer, and more "family friendly" doesn't scream race car to me. Good races tho op, wish I had any kind of action around here. We only have 1 new 5.0 in our town but he knows it wouldn't be fair to race, we just got 2 new zl1's and one of them is a cocky old man that might need a race tho!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh my bad, I was goin by him stating it was a 04 ish Sti (as you know I'm sure, the 04 was the first year for the Sti in the us, also 05 was the only year without any body changes beyond little things from the 04, both of which were 2.5 vs the 2.0 in the wrx those years) so I was going by the facts given and not assuming in the end what would make your facts right vs mine. I also remember stating they are not roll monsters, a dig race would have been better for the Sti but I still thought the Sti would lose. I'm not over crediting the Sti, I'm just stating facts. Compared to a 04/05 Sti the new ones are slower, heavier, softer, and more "family friendly" doesn't scream race car to me. Good races tho op, wish I had any kind of action around here. We only have 1 new 5.0 in our town but he knows it wouldn't be fair to race, we just got 2 new zl1's and one of them is a cocky old man that might need a race tho!
We did do a dig race only and i put a few lengths on him and missed 4th?
Old 03-11-2013, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I figured you'd win either way, it's too bad it wasn't a better race between ya.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ida been pissed if it was lol

Quick Reply: Luckily Rape is legal in mexico....