Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oChristiano
:
Bought it when I was 17 and did a bolt on LT1, LS1 swapped it when I was 19.
=

now stock wth?
Old 05-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

:
Thanks man. Its my hoopty daily. Bought it when I was 17 and did a bolt on LT1, LS1 swapped it when I was 19. Building a Turbo 6spd 99 SS right now so I took it out just to have fun.
I hear ya, man. I loved my 01 Z28. I miss that car. One of the best cars I ever owned and it was a blast to drive.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
=

now stock wth?
I said its essentially a stock car. Its a 96Z28 with a bone stock LS1/4L60E swap and stock 3.23 rear gear. Still has stock manifolds/cats LS1 Intake and a filter off the Maf. It needs a tune running rich.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
I hear ya, man. I loved my 01 Z28. I miss that car. One of the best cars I ever owned and it was a blast to drive.
Slow car racing is the best IMHO. Everyone knows there slow no butthurtness and just fun times. Plus you don't break as much ****.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 429 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by 4.6pimp
turbo mach vs cam spray e85 c5 zo6. 40-130
http://youtu.be/YhgiavhdOMQ
http://youtu.be/Upi09jUUDrI
All that shows is a ill running vette.

See that works both ways. Now for a trick on you.....turn that thing down where lives longer than a month and try it again.
You give yourself to much credit. That's probably the pain you will have to go through to get to the 11's.
I said its essentially a stock car. Its a 96Z28 with a bone stock LS1/4L60E swap and stock 3.23 rear gear. Still has stock manifolds/cats LS1 Intake and a filter off the Maf. It needs a tune running rich.
It's useless to try to explain anything to him. His comprehension is very very low.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
All that shows is a ill running vette.

See that works both ways. Now for a trick on you.....turn that thing down where lives longer than a month and try it again.

You give yourself to much credit. That's probably the pain you will have to go through to get to the 11's.

It's useless to try to explain anything to him. His comprehension is very very low.
Yea well played..... lol I hate that we are to far apart for a friendly run... you could always come down to mustang week!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adamantium

Just to let you know.. I have followed that thread pertaining to these guys.. and the Z06 sprayed in this vid... he is not at his n/a 540rwhp level. If he were, he would have been walked. Just so you know.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by topendrunner
my god get off his ****. what can you do is all that matters. not what uncle ****** brothers aunt tooty has.
Shush
Old 05-17-2013, 07:55 PM
***Repost Police***

For the record, when Stopsign talks about never having seen a stock LS1 go faster than 13.7 he is explaining that it is stupid to go only off of what you have seen in person. He knows that they can be quite a bit quicker than that, but he's never seen it... if he used the same logic as some people here, then he wouldn't believe anyone that said they went quicker.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Slow car racing is the best IMHO. Everyone knows there slow no butthurtness and just fun times. Plus you don't break as much ****.
Ain't that the truth!?! I have WAY more fun with the slow Mach vs my other cars.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
For the record, when Stopsign talks about never having seen a stock LS1 go faster than 13.7 he is explaining that it is stupid to go only off of what you have seen in person. He knows that they can be quite a bit quicker than that, but he's never seen it... if he used the same logic as some people here, then he wouldn't believe anyone that said they went quicker.
Pretty much!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
yea.....but they still run like a 450whp car. Termi -50-75 hp dyno queen factor.

As much as you harp on weight, and you make a statement like this
Old 05-17-2013, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 4.6pimp
Yea well played..... lol I hate that we are to far apart for a friendly run... you could always come down to mustang week!
If I would go to Mustang week it would be in my termi notch. The smooth idling n/a ls6 would hurt to many feelings there .....probably cause a riot.

Friendly runs would be cool. But I like digs.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 05-17-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
As much as you harp on weight, and you make a statement like this
They do have a dyno queen factor about them. I'm sure mine will too.

BTW....yes turbomach has a spec clutch. Could that be a reason to the broken inputs? Has there been a connection made to that?
Old 05-17-2013, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

Spec clutches have high static pressure, which is hard on drive line parts.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good thing about not having a **** load of power...my SPEC clutch will hold together. Maybe it is not so bad being slow.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:02 PM
10 Second Club

I never liked them much in my camaro. I was mostly wondering about the ford stuff. The notch has a lightened spec in it. That's what it had in it when Nathen got it. Still works so I let it ride.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:22 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Just to let you know.. I have followed that thread pertaining to these guys.. and the Z06 sprayed in this vid... he is not at his n/a 540rwhp level. If he were, he would have been walked. Just so you know.
Sure.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:08 AM
Teching In

You gonna back out of the race with him too at the last minute?
Whoa whoa. I left the state and you knew I was leaving the state the next day. It's why when I called you and while texting you I said hey man, I am leaving tomorrow can't make it to Columbia. There was no backing out. How about you mention how I pretty much begged you to drive an hour and a half to meet me. Instead of me drive 2 + hours to meet up with you and your boys. Or mention how that same night you opted not to go out at all. Don't try to put me out there like I wanted to back out. You didn't want to drive out there while I was sitting in my hotel in Sumter. You didn't want to drive until the following day or whenever it was when I left the state. We were supposed to meet up at Zmax. It rained out or something. I was willing to meet up at the other drag spot I went to. Never showed up there. I even went to a meet in Charlotte and texted you before going if you were willing to meet up. Nothing. Ended up going to Charlotte instead. Don't put my name out there like I came up with excuses on not showing up. I drive cross country looking for runs so don't put me out there like that.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

You asked me if there were cars here that you could run other than my car after you found out what mine ran. You said you would still run me but you knew it would be ugly for you. I told you there is a plenty big scene here and you backed out on coming. End of story

Are you still interested in running me? I'm game if so.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:23 AM
Teching In

You asked me if there were cars here that you could run other than my car after you found out what mine ran. You said you would still run me but you knew it would be ugly for you. I told you there is a plenty big scene here and you backed out on coming. End of story

Are you still interested in running me? I'm game if so.
No, no, no, no. Not how it went down brother. Just reread our texts. The first night we started talking, it was May 21st, funny it's almost exactly a year lol. Anyways, on this day you mentioned your Cobra buddy wanting to run, which was fine with me, and I mentioned you would "kill" me from a dig. True, you were on a tire etc etc. No point in arguing that on the street. I said I would agree to a 40. I asked you if you would drive "a little further south" and you said you would ask him and I would get with my dude. After that, I sent you a text saying I am willing to drive an hour and a half. You said you already told your wife you would be staying in. Few more texts of you talking about beating a 2v. lol. May 22nd we were still texting, and you asked when will I be able to come down. I said I'm not going to drive 2 and a half hours to meet up. That would be nearly 5 hours of driving total, and it's in your backyard. I didn't feel it was worth it. You said well let's do it next weekend, and I said I wouldn't be here because I was leaving within the next day or two. After that, the only other text I sent you was on June 1st asking if there's a meet because I was actually willing to drive out to meet up since it was my last day there. You said there was no meet and I went to Charlotte instead and met up with some other people there.

That's what really happened. And unfortunately, the furthest south I am willing to drive right now, will be maryland as the next cross country drive will be headed to Texas with a stop in Louisiana. I will recheck my route to see if it's at all possible though because there's some certain 3.7l V6's I would like to run in VA so we will see. Don't count on it though.

Quick Reply: Mach at the track